low on ink, how many pages for documents?

KOOLBEANS

34 minutes ago, KOOLBEANS said:

ok I will need luggage tags so that with the documents is how many pages?

Each person in your party has a boarding pass. So however many people in your party x 1

How many suitcases are you taking with you? However many pieces of luggage you have x 1 (per person)

Add those 2 together. There's your answer. 

good answer, someone had to say it. 

I would definitely not want to rely on porters for my luggage tags, what a pain. Not only do we print them and fill them out. We also put them in a plastic luggage tag sleeve. 

I print the boarding pass - 1 per person.  You don't have to print luggage tags if you are carrying on your luggage.  I always do, but that's just me.  I also print whatever page of the document that has my excursions, pre-paid water, etc. on it, just as a backup in case something doesn't show up in my cabin. 

2 hours ago, stobe1 said:

If you go to your local Walmart/Target/Staples/Office Max/Office Depot and buy an ink cartridge replacement, you won't have to worry about running out of ink.

Where's the fun in that?  You need to printing out the documents the day before the trip and run out in the middle of printing.  Nothing like scrambling at the last minute.

1 minute ago, Lottacruises said:

Print them all, just in case. The boarding passes twice. Luggage tags three for each piece. I usually have about 25 pages. Doesn't include the receipts i print and carry in a binder. I carry duplicates of everything there, just in case. 

That's a lot of printing. Just curious, why duplicates of everything? If they're all together, it's not like you have the backup to replace the original if it's damaged, since they're all in the same place.

When we cruise we literally take 1 piece of paper with us, which is our boarding passes. (plus luggage tags, of course). That's the only piece of paper we take. Everything else we have digital. On our next cruise though I will try the whole digital boarding pass. Hopefully we will be able to eliminate printing boarding passes in the future as well. 

1 hour ago, Lottacruises said:

I have plenty of ink, no worries.

You don't have to print your boarding pass. The agents can print it when you get to port. 

Why would you not print them? I don't see the logic, same with luggage tags. It is so much more convenient

Edited by coevan
missed a word

3 minutes ago, coevan said:

Why would you not print them? I don't the logic, same with luggage tags. It is so much more convenient

Not only is it more convenient, but you can't even get into some ports without your boarding pass.