Looking for Port Everglades Parking Recommendations

I like vacation

Hello All!

We are embarking this Wednesday on the Zuiderdam at Port Everglades and are looking for parking recommendations.  Are there any locations close enough that you may be able to walk to the cruise terminal or do they all require a shuttle?  When should HAL know which pier/berth the Zuiderdam will use?

Thanks,

Don 

It's possible that you won't return to the same pier, necessitating a shuttle ride back to where you parked. They are free and it has happened to us more than once.

We generally just park at Park'n Go at the port, cheaper and their shuttles run continuously on days ships are in port.

There are indeed parking garages across for cruise terminals.  The fee is $15/day ($19/day for oversized vehicles).  There is disabled parking that is free but restrictions do apply.

http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/parking/parking-rates/

There are also park & cruise, park & fly (park & go) lots nearby that provide shuttle service to the terminals.  There fees can be as much as $9/day cheaper.

https://www.airportparkingreservations.com/lot_park_by_the_ports_cruise_flz

Edited by DocJohnB

I prefer Park N Go.  It's a little cheaper, but a lot more convenient for me as someone who usually cruises solo.  If I park at the port, I drag my luggage from the garage to the terminal.  With Park & Go they drop me off at the door to the terminal.  Returning, if I parked at the pier I either need a porter or I have to schleppe my stuff over to the garage, maybe wait for an elevator, etc.  With Park & Go they drop me at my car and put my luggage in the trunk.  It's a no-brainer for me to stick with Park & Go!  By paying in advance you get some savings, and don't have to bother with the payment process once there.

Sue/WDW1972

Park n Go gets my vote...they take my luggage out of car, load on shuttle, unload from shuttle, hand to porters.

Upon return, shuttle waiting, again help with luggage, car waiting...cold water when you leave.

Much more reasonable price!  Cannot go wrong!

Our last cruise from FLL we drove down the day before and stayed at a Ramada Inn near the port and part of the deal included free parking at the hotel for the week, the hotel shuttle took us to the port and we took a taxi on the return trip.

Over the years that I drove to FLL I tried several of the options. Both Park 'n' Fly & Park and Go provided very good service. More recently Park & Go and I had two different experiences. First time was Valet Parking and the driver called in the receipt number and the car was parked ready to receive us and go right out the gate, Most recent time the shuttle took us to the car with some hunting involved.

I haven't used Park 'n' Fly in many years but with them it was Driver parks the car and takes the keys. The shuttle took me back to the car and in one case provided a jump box to start it.

Both provided continuous shuttles to and from the ship. I would use either of the above again.

One time I stayed at the Roadway Inn. It was not too far from the port. The hotel itself was OK, consistent with the brand. They had a large lot at the back for long term parking. The only problem I had with them was they only provided one shuttle time in each direction. To the ship I believe it was around 10:30, from the ship they wanted everyone to do self-disembarkation and be ready around 8:30. Both times are from memory and it has been a while - things might have changed.

We have used ParkNGo 4 times IIRC and have always been satisfied with them, even though once the car was quite dirty when we returned due to construction in the area. We only park in the garage across the street for cruises of 7 days or less.

Edited by jtl513