Cost to use adults only serenity areas?

mlbcruiser

36 minutes ago, Moviela said:

I found there is a cost to use the hot tub. I was relaxing and someone stole my towel. Carnival charged me $22.50 for it, and guest services took the attitude that I should look after the towel.

Guest services wasn’t wrong

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Moviela said:

I found there is a cost to use the hot tub. I was relaxing and someone stole my towel. Carnival charged me $22.50 for it, and guest services took the attitude that I should look after the towel.

Um, I'm confused. Exactly who did you think was supposed to look after your towel? Don't most older children and adults look after their own things? 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

Um, I'm confused. Exactly who did you think was supposed to look after your towel? Don't most older children and adults look after their own things? 

If it was on their chair, and they were in the hottub, how were they supposed to keep the person from taking the towel? Were they to keep their head on a 360 degree swivel, eagle eyes riveted at all times on that deckchair?  How fast would YOU be able to leap out of a Jacuzzi to get the towel back? 

"Stop thief! THEY'RE TAKING MY TOWEL!!!!!" 

Edited by AnonomissX
for reason and chocolate!
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, AnonomissX said:

If it was on their chair, and they were in the hottub, how were they supposed to keep the person from taking the towel? Were they to keep their head on a 360 degree swivel, eagle eyes riveted at all times on that deckchair?  How fast would YOU be able to leap out of a Jacuzzi to get the towel back? 

"Stop thief! THEY'RE TAKING MY TOWEL!!!!!" 

I'd say you should take it to the hot tub with you. 

6 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I'd say you should take it to the hot tub with you. 

Oh boy!  Just imagine 5 or more yellow or blue thick towels in the hot tub!!   Should we put some Easter Eggs in as well?  Nice Yellow/Blue Water......yuck!  And Colored Eggs !!:classic_smile:

On the other hand, if you get the towel from the  CCL person on duty on the Serenity deck,  I would let them know that they should not allow their special colored towels to escape the area!   (also unenforceable!):classic_cool:

So....   take your towel to hot tub with you, or the pool...  Blue/Green water all over the ship!!:classic_ohmy:

1 minute ago, jwjax said:

Oh boy!  Just imagine 5 or more yellow or blue thick towels in the hot tub!!   Should we put some Easter Eggs in as well?  Nice Yellow/Blue Water......yuck!  And Colored Eggs !!:classic_smile:

On the other hand, if you get the towel from the  CCL person on duty on the Serenity deck,  I would let them know that they should not allow their special colored towels to escape the area!   (also unenforceable!):classic_cool:

So....   take your towel to hot tub with you, or the pool...  Blue/Green water all over the ship!!:classic_ohmy:

I knew someone was going to do that. Did I say IN the hot tub or did  I say TO the hot tub?

I would find it reasonable to charge for a towel taken off the ship for a day at the beach and is lost, or if I took the towel home with me. Never would I expect to pay for one that went missing aboard. Just because I did not hawkeye the towel at all times does not make me responsible for the theft. If that is Carnivals position, they should provide lockers in the Serenity area for my towel, watch, and mezuzah.

I know a bit about towels. I work at a resort with 3,000 hotel rooms. The towels come from just a few vendors and in 100,000 quantity are $3.00 each. A used towel is worth half, so charging a passenger $22.50 is outrageous on the face. 

6 hours ago, mlbcruiser said:

Wondering what the cost is to use   Carnival’s adult only outdoor deck areas? Not sure if these vary by  ship or if there is an easy way to check on Carnival‘s website? 

Thanks for any help.

It's free.

6 hours ago, Moviela said:

I hope you aren’t blaming Carnival for your irresponsible behavior concerning watching your towel. 

Good news!  Thanks to everyone who replied. I remember we were on a Princess ship and there was a cost for their adult area called  The Sanctuary.  With regard to the special area for those staying in Havana cabins, is there a charge for thethat area?  Or perhaps that outdoor section is off limits to those not staying in the special Havana cabins - ?

Regarding getting charged for a lost towel, the practice is common at many resort hotels, all inclusives, and on other cruise lines. At least they threaten to charge you. I once had to argue my way out of being charged at a resort when apparently a towel wasn’t marked as returned even though I had returned it for sure earlier in the day. The main problem I see is that when they charge you, it encourages others who have lost a towel to steal someone else’s to avoid being charged themselves! Just the same, anyone who has cruised before has seen towels laying on chairs for hours at a time or even  well after most cruisers have left the area. ( if they were trying to save their chair, they have usually left personal items on under it,  not that I want to get onto the chair hog subject! 🙄) Some people are too lazy to take them to the used towel bin. Or others have perhaps had a few too many drinks and forgot all about doing it.  So I wonder how often a passenger is actually charged?   

9 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I hope you aren’t blaming Carnival for your irresponsible behavior concerning watching your towel. 

It's irresponsible to lose a towel by setting it down and forgetting to retrieve it. Having it stolen is a different thing. Customer service can have whatever attitude it wants but I would not pay for the towel under such circumstances (not without elevating it up the chain of command anyway).