MSC USA Website down for weeks now

Chelsea Wee One

I am slowly losing the plot where it comes to trying to book Excursions on MSC Seaside 8th December sailing to the Caribbean from Miami... I cannot seem to access the booking section on the website and have spoken to MSC directly on four occasions, only to be told "Sorry our website is having problems, we hope to have it resolved soon"... This has been going on now for a few weeks... Has anyone any tips on how to resolve this issue as we want to add our excursions now... Considering this is only my 2nd ever cruise, and first with MSC, they are way behind how easy everything was on Celebrity... Any tips would be appreciated.

6 hours ago, Chelsea Wee One said:

I am slowly losing the plot where it comes to trying to book Excursions on MSC Seaside 8th December sailing to the Caribbean from Miami... I cannot seem to access the booking section on the website and have spoken to MSC directly on four occasions, only to be told "Sorry our website is having problems, we hope to have it resolved soon"... This has been going on now for a few weeks... Has anyone any tips on how to resolve this issue as we want to add our excursions now... Considering this is only my 2nd ever cruise, and first with MSC, they are way behind how easy everything was on Celebrity... Any tips would be appreciated.

Just call them and book excursion . by the way Celebrity web site has lots of issues and has lots of complains on this board. 

our cruise is dec on msc seaside I can log in when I go to my bookings I get this 

You have not verified your account.

Please confirm your registration email before logging in to this area.     I have changed my pass word dozens of times and spoke with them several times  anyone know what to do?????
Bac

I was having trouble for the longest time, once I was able to get logged back in (with forced password reset) I can now see my booking when I go to my name in the top right and then "My Bookings."  Going to "My Bookings" on the banner is still not working for me.  Hopefully it's that simple for you.   If you see the option to reset your password I would recommend trying that too.

12 hours ago, riclop said:

I am having no problems.

U r lucky! Bet u have no problems with this cruise critic site either! I can’t understand why it’s soooo difficult to log in on MSc UK site-all I’m trying to do is click on the same log in as I did before. Yes, I’ve changed my password but it still won’t do anything.. grrr. Good job I’ve got a good t/a who had sent me all the docs & luggage tags. But why oh why can’t I get in -double grrrrrr!🤬🤬

*** UPDATE ***

Well finally I managed to speak to someone who knew what the problem was.

It is all to do with the IP address.

Since MSC changed all the log in credentials a few weeks ago, this has caused an issue with certain countries' IP addresses not being accepted by sites "outside" their IP address.

So as my booking was made in the USA and I am in the UK, that is the reason why I can't access my booking.

And to think all the bloody time I have wasted logging in, logging out, changing passwords, numerous phone calls to the UK MSC and USA MSC offices.

I still cannot get in, obviously, as I am in the UK but nice lady as MSC USA is sending me over all the excursions releevant to my exact sailing and she will add them on for me.

So its all about the country IP address.

GOOD LUCK PEOPLE x

After complaining about this problem for a couple of weeks I went back to my Web Check-in and found that I had made a mistake (Go figure).  Everything is fine now.  So I don't know about anyone else, but this was my doing.  Sorry MSC!  Bob

1 hour ago, CTBob said:

After complaining about this problem for a couple of weeks I went back to my Web Check-in and found that I had made a mistake (Go figure).  Everything is fine now.  So I don't know about anyone else, but this was my doing.  Sorry MSC!  Bob

Bob, I wish I could report similar success, but I am still not getting anywhere. I have sent a couple of Emails (I despise dealing with customer service on the phone- and the long holds that inevitably take place). I am still looking forward to my [our] upcoming Divina cruise, since I have purchased my add-ons and already have my boarding documents. The sad part is that I won't be booking another MSC cruise until they get it straightened out... and it is beginning to look that that will be "never".

This will be my third MSC cruise, and I absolutely love the gorgeous ships and the superior entertainment offered throughout. Thankfully, the website and ship operations are totally separate.

1 hour ago, TnTom said:

This will be my third MSC cruise, and I absolutely love the gorgeous ships and the superior entertainment offered throughout. Thankfully, the website and ship operations are totally separate.

True, true.  Bob

20 hours ago, Chelsea Wee One said:

*** UPDATE ***

Well finally I managed to speak to someone who knew what the problem was.

It is all to do with the IP address.

Since MSC changed all the log in credentials a few weeks ago, this has caused an issue with certain countries' IP addresses not being accepted by sites "outside" their IP address.

So as my booking was made in the USA and I am in the UK, that is the reason why I can't access my booking.

And to think all the bloody time I have wasted logging in, logging out, changing passwords, numerous phone calls to the UK MSC and USA MSC offices.

I still cannot get in, obviously, as I am in the UK but nice lady as MSC USA is sending me over all the excursions releevant to my exact sailing and she will add them on for me.

So its all about the country IP address.

GOOD LUCK PEOPLE x

Have you considered using a VPN to mask your IP address and kid the website that you are connecting to, that you are in a different location? I have found that a good, free VPN is Tunnel Bear. When you open the Bear, just select the US as your destination. Then go to the MSC US website and it will believe that you are in the States.

Good luck.

I still can't get on the site, so I called last night to add a laundry pkg, which was handled without a problem, but the rep I spoke to told me "not to hold my breath for it to work properly. " I'ts been 8 years and counting to get it right.

I have literally spent hours on hold with customer service. I am still not able to access my booking number but my husband can 🤷🏻‍♀️ I am convinced customer service does not know what they are doing. I told the girl I sure hope the cruise is more organized and put together then their customer service reps are 🤦🏻‍♀️

9 hours ago, hloakes said:

I am not having any problems. The login page is different now than a few weeks ago but I am having no problem logging in.

It is weird that some of us (myself included) still can't login, but others are having no trouble. I have also read a variety of statuses (or is that statusi? 🙂 ) in between. I have to believe someone in IT at MSC would know what the issue is by now, but Emails go unanswered... and I don't have the patience some of the other have to stay on hold for hours.

My TA completed my add-ons and had the MSC travel document Emailed to me, so I am all set. There is a voucher in the packet for each of the additions I have made, so I have a record of them- in case there is an issue once on board.

Still, if they ever want me to [be able to] cruise with them again, they need to get the website fixed- for everybody!