Caribbean Princess - full suite questions

metairiegal

The last time we were in a full suite, it was before they had Club Class dining.  So, I have no idea what to expect.

Some questions......

1.  Is the breakfast perk still in Sabatini's for full suite guests?  Or, is the breakfast just with the Club Class dining in a MDR?

2.  Is the area set aside for Club Class crowded for dinner? 

3.  Can you request a table by itself for 2?  Or, is it mostly the bench type tables for 2 that are close to the tables next to you?

7 minutes ago, metairiegal said:

The last time we were in a full suite, it was before they had Club Class dining.  So, I have no idea what to expect.

Some questions......

1.  Is the breakfast perk still in Sabatini's for full suite guests?  Or, is the breakfast just with the Club Class dining in a MDR?

3.  Can you request a table by itself for 2?  Or, is it mostly the bench type tables for 2 that are close to the tables next to you?

1. Yes.  Breakfast is still at Sabatini's

2. & 3. We never had to wait for CC dining.  We almost always ate around 6:00.  Always had the same table for two with the same wait staff and it seemed most people sat at the same table every night.

Most tables had plenty of room between them.  You weren't stacked on top of each other like the regular dining room.

Edited by Kenswing

3 minutes ago, metairiegal said:

Some questions......

Yes, still breakfast at Sabatini's.

No, walk in anytime and you will be seated.

Yes, most are seated at tables for two unless you arrive with a larger group.

15 minutes ago, metairiegal said:

Some questions......

The questions were answered above so I won't repeat.

Club Class has nothing to do with the suite breakfast in Sabatini's.

We were in a suite on the CB last month.

CC was excellent. Although we did not have to wait, it can get very busy (full) during certain (peak) times at dinner during the cruise.

Paul (Romania) was our HW and was outstanding.

I was really underwhelmed with breakfast in Sabatini's compared to other cruises.  

IMO.......Not a fan of the new sterile decor compared to the old decor.

Seemed more like a cafeteria atmosphere. The wait staff were never in sync, forgetting things that should have been brought out with the entree. They all seemed to be helping all tables rather than dedicated staff with dedicated tables. Really a strange experience.

6 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

CC was excellent. Although we did not have to wait, it can get very busy (full) during certain (peak) times at dinner during the cruise.

I was really underwhelmed with breakfast in Sabatini's compared to other cruises.  

Seemed more like a cafeteria atmosphere. The wait staff were never in sync, forgetting things that should have been brought out with the entree. They all seemed to be helping all tables rather than dedicated staff with dedicated tables. Really a strange experience.

Sorry to hear you had a poor experience in Sabatini's. We were on the CB Oct 8-18, and had an excellent experience. Mirele was the head waiter, and the staff all worked together, with no problem getting special requests.

9 hours ago, donswife said:

Sorry to hear you had a poor experience in Sabatini's. We were on the CB Oct 8-18, and had an excellent experience. Mirele was the head waiter, and the staff all worked together, with no problem getting special requests.

The specialty restaurants staff rotates between venues every few cruises. Glad yours was good.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 6:31 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

Sorry to hear about your experience in Sabatini's for breakfast.

Hope it is better for us in November.  That was my dh's favorite perk the last time we were in a suite.

I am not sure what to expect with CC.  But, glad to hear that it was excellent on your cruise.

5 hours ago, metairiegal said:

Sorry to hear about your experience in Sabatini's for breakfast.

Hope it is better for us in November.  That was my dh's favorite perk the last time we were in a suite.

I am not sure what to expect with CC.  But, glad to hear that it was excellent on your cruise.

We had a great experience in Sabatini's breakfast, and enjoyed getting to know all the servers. As Colo Cruiser mentioned, they all sort of serve all the tables, especially when it is not busy. When we were on, they were happy to tweak the menu (for example, the couple next to us asked for a fruit plate with only honeydew and blueberries. It was presented as 2 rows of honeydew with the blueberries along the center: "the Panama Canal!" announced the waiter as her served it). They prepared lovely veggie scrambles for me, and had soy, almond, and rice milk available.

Our head waiter in Club Class, Paul, worked hard to customize everyone's experience. Some people had the same table and servers as much as possible; others (like us) enjoyed moving around and sitting in different sections. There were 4 wait teams with a waiter and assistant waiter each, plus Paul helped them a lot. Unless it was super busy, they usually had time to talk with us and share about themselves. There were always extra menu items just for CC.

On 10/22/2018 at 5:31 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

I totally agree with Keith.    Sabatini breakfast use to be fabulous.   The staff knew you by name and when you walked in,  you knew almost everyone at the tables and stopped to say hi.  No one was every in a hurry especially on sea days.   It was more like a large family breakfast and very relaxing.  It was never crowded.  We have so many friends around the world that we met over breakfast in Sabitinis and we have cruised with many numberous times.

But on the last two cruises,  it has been a different atmosphere.  On our Panama cruise last fall, we only went twice because we found we had more fun in Club Class since the staff in Sabitinis changed every day.   Yes, service was still excellent but not like the good old days.

We like to get to know the staff.  And on our last cruise we walked into CC  and one of the waiters yelled our names and came running over and gave us a big hug.   

Sometimes I wonder if they are thinking of dropping Sabitini's for breakfast and just doing Club Class.    I think the perks are going downhill for suites and I keep saying I am going to stop booking them but the cabin  size always seems to sway our decision.

Thanks for the replies, guys! 

composer, that is why I posted my original question, because they don't specifically mention "Sabitini's" in the list of suite perks, and I was wondering if they has switched it to CC breakfast.

About how many tables are in the CC section?  And, on the Caribbean Princess, which dining room is it in?

10 hours ago, donswife said:

Our head waiter in Club Class, Paul, worked hard to customize everyone's experience. Some people had the same table and servers as much as possible; others (like us) enjoyed moving around and sitting in different sections. There were 4 wait teams with a waiter and assistant waiter each, plus Paul helped them a lot. Unless it was super busy, they usually had time to talk with us and share about themselves. There were always extra menu items just for CC.

Paul is outstanding!!  

I always forget that you can "tweak" that breakfast menu....good reminder for about 10 days from now! Breakfast is one of the perks we like the best, but I'd have to say the CC dining is a close second, if not a tie. Especially when you read all those long threads about ATD versus TD! 

3 hours ago, metairiegal said:

composer, that is why I posted my original question, because they don't specifically mention "Sabitini's" in the list of suite perks, and I was wondering if they has switched it to CC breakfast.

About how many tables are in the CC section?  And, on the Caribbean Princess, which dining room is it in?

Sabitinis is still doing breakfast.  Have friends on her now.     Maybe 15 tables in CC.     It is on the starboard side.  When you walk in the door, it is the section on the left  of the walkway.   It is in the Coral dining room on Fiesta deck.   You are on our upcoming cruise so we will see you often.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, compozer said:

Sabitinis is still doing breakfast.  Have friends on her now.     Maybe 15 tables in CC.     It is on the starboard side.  When you walk in the door, it is the section on the left  of the walkway.   It is in the Coral dining room on Fiesta deck.   You are on our upcoming cruise so we will see you often.

Cool!  See you soon!  :classic_biggrin:

11 hours ago, metairiegal said:

You are correct that the suite amenities no longer specify Sabatini's breakfast. It lists "Complimentary Specialty Dining Mimosa Breakfast (daily)" instead. This is because some ships have the suite breakfast in the Crown Grill instead of in Sabatini's. But it is the same breakfast in either location. As a suite passenger, you have the choice of locations for breakfast - you can eat the "Complimentary Specialty Dining Mimosa Breakfast" in Sabatini's or Crown Grill, the Club Class breakfast, or a room service breakfast in your suite using the full MDR breakfast menu (not the Sabatini's or Crown Grill breakfast menu).

13 hours ago, compozer said:

On our Panama cruise last fall, we only went twice because we found we had more fun in Club Class since the staff in Sabitinis changed every day.   Yes, service was still excellent but not like the good old days.

Maybe they are trying to improve, because we went 7 or 8 out of 9 possible days, and except for Cedrick being off 1 day, we had the same staff, and it was great fun, lots of laughter, no rush unless we said we were in a hurry.

By the way, on the 10 day they had a second pub lunch, with a different menu.

12 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

You are correct that the suite amenities no longer specify Sabatini's breakfast. It lists "Complimentary Specialty Dining Mimosa Breakfast (daily)" instead. This is because some ships have the suite breakfast in the Crown Grill instead of in Sabatini's. But it is the same breakfast in either location. As a suite passenger, you have the choice of locations for breakfast - you can eat the "Complimentary Specialty Dining Mimosa Breakfast" in Sabatini's or Crown Grill, the Club Class breakfast, or a room service breakfast in your suite using the full MDR breakfast menu (not the Sabatini's or Crown Grill breakfast menu).

Thanks for that info.  Really looking forward to it. 

Besides all the breakfast options mentioned above, one of my all time favorite things is the almond croissant that is offered at breakfast from the International Café.  Decisions, decisions! 

Edited by metairiegal

15 hours ago, metairiegal said:

Are we able to make the embarkation dining reservation now?  Or, do we have to wait until we are on-board to book it?

Once you are on board you can stop by the restaurant of your choice or call the dine line. I forget which we did, but we were able to get the approximate time and location we requested. The sea bass in Crown Grill was really good!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, donswife said:

Once you are on board you can stop by the restaurant of your choice or call the dine line. I forget which we did, but we were able to get the approximate time and location we requested. The sea bass in Crown Grill was really good!

Thanks!

I was actually thinking about having the sea bass.  Or, the lobster.  :classic_smile:

Dh will definitely go for the ribeye.

On 10/24/2018 at 10:24 AM, amypete said:

I always forget that you can "tweak" that breakfast menu....good reminder for about 10 days from now! Breakfast is one of the perks we like the best, but I'd have to say the CC dining is a close second, if not a tie. Especially when you read all those long threads about ATD versus TD! 

A while back seems like I remember someone in Sabatini's asking for and getting scrambled eggs and lobster for breakfast every morning. No that sounds wonderful!:classic_smile: 

• Like 1