Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Coral

Alaska Deployment 2020

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, nukesubsailor said:

The connoisseur tours are definitely worth taking.  Take the 15 day cruise tour with the land tour before the cruise.

Thanks, that's what  I was hoping

 

Another question- with Princess is it better to book early or wait for a late deal?

TIA Cathy

Edited by Cathygh
to add more info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cathygh said:

Thanks, that's what  I was hoping

 

Another question- with Princess is it better to book early or wait for a late deal?

TIA Cathy

If you want a connoisseur tour, you need to book early. If you are in the US you can often re-fare, just make sure you book with a refundable deposit.

Edited by Coral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Coral said:

If you want a connoisseur tour, you need to book early. If you are in the US you can often re-fare, just make sure you book with a refundable deposit.

Coral thanks for your advice. Sadly I am in the UK where we are not able to refare.

Edited by Cathygh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oooh so the cruisetours do go on sale?  I was under the impression that those never were part of the deals like 3 for free and fare drops and such...will for sure keep my eye out for those drops!

6 hours ago, Coral said:

If you want a connoisseur tour, you need to book early. If you are in the US you can often re-fare, just make sure you book with a refundable deposit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Oooh so the cruisetours do go on sale?  I was under the impression that those never were part of the deals like 3 for free and fare drops and such...will for sure keep my eye out for those drops!

 

No not really - they don't go on sale. You may be able to go from promo to promo if there is still space open. My sister did a tour this summer and she booked it under an Anniversary sale. The tour itself you don't get anything but the cruise you do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok so I will keep an eye out for the sales and have my TA check to see if they can get me that deal...don't think there will be a deal out when I book as I plan on hopping right on this on nov 15th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you think the 3 for free that is on until the 19th of November will be available when booking these cruises?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dreamer115 said:

Do you think the 3 for free that is on until the 19th of November will be available when booking these cruises?

No, it is only good for cruises through Spring 2020. You would need to re-fare it next year (same time next year).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coral, I actually got the brochure in the mail today from Princess and the 3 for free is available on these cruises if booked before the 19th as well as free cruisetour cash. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dreamer115 said:

Coral, I actually got the brochure in the mail today from Princess and the 3 for free is available on these cruises if booked before the 19th as well as free cruisetour cash. 

What...how do I sign up for the brochures.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cruzrbachoua said:

What...how do I sign up for the brochures.....

I get them all the time in the mail.  Sometimes they are a nuisance but this time I am glad I got it.  If you have cruised with Princess before and have a Number go into your profile and you can find it there to receive online or in the mail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dreamer115...thanks..I do get some of the flyers..don’t recall getting the ones for sales...we have sailed with Princess numerous times..will go check my profile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Dreamer115 said:

Coral, I actually got the brochure in the mail today from Princess and the 3 for free is available on these cruises if booked before the 19th as well as free cruisetour cash. 

I would double check that. I think it is only good for cruises in 2019 through spring 2020. They have barely even announced the 2020 cruises.

 

3 FOR FREE FOR EVERYONE!

‭EVERYONE can enjoy all three on select cruises and cruisetours sailing Summer 2019 – Spring 2020.‬‬‬‬

EVERYONE in a stateroom enjoys:

FREE stateroom location upgrade

FREE gratuities††(valued at up to $15.50 per guest, per day)
FREE onboard spending money
‡‡(valued at up to $200 per guest, for ALL guests)

 

Edited by Coral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Dreamer115...thanks..I do get some of the flyers..don’t recall getting the ones for sales...we have sailed with Princess numerous times..will go check my profile.

I seem to get 3 per week from Princess alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea Coral me too.

Reguarding 3 for free - Alaska starts in May and they will qualify and who knows you can ask your TA or Princess if you book on your own.  But they will qualify for May absolutely.  That is when we are going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for posting the itineraries. Will the details for each itineraries-meaning the port times-be available before they are open for sale? Port times sometimes help me choose one over another. Wanted to try and narrow down my choice ahead of time so I can book as soon as they open.  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Secretlyfi said:

Thank you for posting the itineraries. Will the details for each itineraries-meaning the port times-be available before they are open for sale? Port times sometimes help me choose one over another. Wanted to try and narrow down my choice ahead of time so I can book as soon as they open.  Thanks!

Most of the one ways (time) doesn't change from year to year. It would be the RT out of SFO that I would want to double check times before booking.

Edited by Coral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:35 PM, Coral said:

What makes you Elite?  I've only cruised with Princess once before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, emckeeve said:

What makes you Elite?  I've only cruised with Princess once before.

Elite is the highest membership level in the Princess Captains' Circle loyalty club.  It requires that you complete a certain number of cruise credits or days cruising on Princess ships.  You can read about it on the Princess website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks! We've been wondering a lot if there was even going to be a ship based in San Francisco after the Grand goes to Vancouver in May 2020. 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2018 at 7:35 PM, Coral said:

 

I have looked at this information so many times my head is spinning and I cannot think straight.  Is the date listed (i.e Grand 5/22 for Connoisseur RB8) the date the cruise starts from Whittier/Anchorage or the date of land portion starting?   I have changed my mind 100 times already on which cruisetour we want to do in 2020  🙂

 

TIA

maryinnc aka durangokid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, durangokid said:

 

I have looked at this information so many times my head is spinning and I cannot think straight.  Is the date listed (i.e Grand 5/22 for Connoisseur RB8) the date the cruise starts from Whittier/Anchorage or the date of land portion starting?   I have changed my mind 100 times already on which cruisetour we want to do in 2020  🙂

 

TIA

maryinnc aka durangokid

How I read it - it starts in Fairbanks on 5/22. Be careful with this as you don't want to hit Denali before June 1. I would go for the next one on 6/5.

 

I found the reference flyer easier to read.

Edited by Coral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...