marycruz

PH on Symphony

Hi. 

We are looking into an upcoming cruise on the Symphony.   Not many staterooms available but we can get PH 1029.   Does anyone have any knowledge on this stateroom regarding noise or anything else of interest?   We have not had a PH before.   It appears to be under part of the pool area so could be noisy there.

Thanks.

Edited by marycruz

marycruz,  we were in 1031 right next door for the 2nd half of July (Hawaii r/t from San Francisco).  NO noise whatsoever from above nor from elevators nor from laundry, both directly across the hall.  This was our first time in a PH.  If you book it, prepare to be pampered!  (Super-Crystalized??).  Bob & Bob:classic_biggrin:

marycruz, the room is perfect.  I would book it in a heartbeat.  Location is terrific.  Being near the laundry room and its location is great.

Keith

We stay in 1024. Occasionally we hear chairs being moved right above us (Grill and Silk) but it is usually during mealtimes and not every day and has never bothered us. We like the convenience of the laundry being close by and a short trip to either the forward or midship elevators/stairs. We have never been bothered by elevators. We continue to book this PH.

Edited by suzeluvscruz

I've stayed in 1030 and found it very quiet and convenient to the laundry room and midship stairs/elevators.

nancy

Thanks everyone!  This more than addresses my concerns.  I would have no problem booking this cabin now.

We’ve only sampled Crystal Symphony in PH both times in the stern, and loved it - except for the price.  Next time we’re sampling a standard cabin on Serenity just to compare and see if we can “handle it”.

Hi, I just booked a SeaBreeze Penthouse on the Symphony and now after reading this thread, I am left wondering if the older ones are preferred?

I have sailed on the serenity in a regular penthouse and I am kinda hoping the Seabreeze Penthouse feels similar on Symphony.( I know they are all a bit smaller than the Serenity)

Would Symphony regulars book the regular penthouse over the new seabreeze? 

Any opinions will help.( glad I stopped by this board to see whats new!)

thanks, 

Lisa 

Lisa we do most of our Crystal Cruises on Serenity in a PH.

On Symphony we do prefer the PS over the Symphony PH.

With that said we have stayed in a Symphony PH a couple of times (original one).

On our last cruise we stayed in a SeaBreeze PS (loved it) but visited the Symphony PH during an open house and also had friends who stayed in one.

This is one that people will have different views.

If a bathtub is important to you the I would go with the original PH because the Seabreeze doe nos have one.  In our case we don't use the bathtub so we very much appreciate the design of the Seabreeze Bathroom (both the PH and PS) as you will have a rainfall shower head and we loved that. 

The other downside IMHO of the Seabreeze PH is the size of the furniture.  The couch is very large as are the desk chairs so there is less floor space and if someone is at the desk and the other person is at the bed and wants to get by them they will likey have to get up whereas in the Serenity PH because it is a little larger that is not a problem.

With that said I like the fact that the Seabreeze PH's are all new, the decor is light and more contemporary and I like little things such as the refrigerator.

So for me I would go with the Seabreeze PH but I full understand someone recommending the traditional one.

Keith

We have stayed in a Seabreeze PH on Symphony and I agree with all that Keith said. We looked at the older penthouses and for us I would choose the Seabreeze. The original PH's on Symphony are looking very tired in my opinion. On the Serenity I think I would prefer the original PH's as they still look great.

We prefer the older PH on Symphony, it feels more spacious without the larger furniture in Seabreeze PH. Personal preference.

Thank You everyone for your help in choosing a PH, I know we will be happy in either one! We will stick with the Seabreeze for now, I think the newer bathroom seals the deal for me. Our cruise is a long way off, and I will keep an eye on reviews etc.

I have been trying to talk my husband into trying both as we are on a back to back, but he thinks that sounds like way too much work. ( In my mind, nothing can feel like work if it’s happening on a crystal cruise)

thanks again,

Lisa 

If you do not care about the bathtub the Seabreeze PH wins for a wonderful shower and it's sparkling "newness". Floor space is at a premium due to the large furniture. I am sort of a big guy and had a little trouble finding space to lie on the floor to do my back stretching exercises. LOL I usually just went to the gym...but definitely would choose Seabreeze PH again!

On 11/1/2018 at 9:03 AM, roxy1000 said:

Thank You everyone for your help in choosing a PH, I know we will be happy in either one! We will stick with the Seabreeze for now, I think the newer bathroom seals the deal for me. Our cruise is a long way off, and I will keep an eye on reviews etc.

I have been trying to talk my husband into trying both as we are on a back to back, but he thinks that sounds like way too much work. ( In my mind, nothing can feel like work if it’s happening on a crystal cruise)

thanks again,

Lisa 

Lisa, some people have done just that and tried both rooms.  Crystal does make the move relatively easy but at the same time I can understand your husband's reluctance to go through all of that.

Once on board if you decide that the SeaBreeze is not working for you see the concierge and if a PH is available they might be able to move you into it.

Keith

If you decide to move your butler and stewardess will make it seamless.  We have done this a few times and it was easy and they will assist you setting up in your new suite.