Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
george35

credit card check-in

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, cruisecrazy82 said:

 

Thank you!  Did you have any trouble using your key cards?  

No, we didn't have any trouble using the cards though I was half expecting to. lol

Edited by OneParticularHarbour 71

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, OneParticularHarbour 71 said:

No, we didn't have any trouble using the cards though I was half expecting to. lol

 

Lol! That’s why I asked 😂Good to hear! Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't we register our credit card when we check in with a person, for all of our onboard charges?  Why do we need to re-register at a kiosk?  Why do we need a PIN?  My credit card company said there is no reason to use a PIN when you want to charge the amounts.  PIN is only needed for cash advances or ATM's.  I don't want our account to be a cash advance because interest accumulates as soon as the charge is put through.  Who can help me with this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, cruisue said:

Don't we register our credit card when we check in with a person, for all of our onboard charges?  Why do we need to re-register at a kiosk?  Why do we need a PIN?  My credit card company said there is no reason to use a PIN when you want to charge the amounts.  PIN is only needed for cash advances or ATM's.  I don't want our account to be a cash advance because interest accumulates as soon as the charge is put through.  Who can help me with this?

You'll only register at 1 of the onboard Kiosks.  Not on check in. There'll be no cash advances, only temporary holds put on the card which you won't even notice and they'll dissapear once final payment is taken at end of cruise (mine was 4 days later).

I witnessed 1 couple who did not know their Pin and were still able to register their card with assistance by one of the staff working at  reception no  problem.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, cruisue said:

Don't we register our credit card when we check in with a person, for all of our onboard charges?  Why do we need to re-register at a kiosk?  Why do we need a PIN?  My credit card company said there is no reason to use a PIN when you want to charge the amounts.  PIN is only needed for cash advances or ATM's.  I don't want our account to be a cash advance because interest accumulates as soon as the charge is put through.  Who can help me with this?

You no longer register credit card at check in.  There are several kiosks around and you have time to find one without a line and use that one.  There is one by guest services.  Our Credit cards don't require a PIN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to read you can register different credit cards per guest as that is likely what we will do.

Quick question: does anyone know how it works if have OBC from TA? Does that automatically get split between guests? Only to one person in room (which one)? Totally configurable at kiosk to assign differing $$$ to different guests?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, onlineangel said:

Glad to read you can register different credit cards per guest as that is likely what we will do.

Quick question: does anyone know how it works if have OBC from TA? Does that automatically get split between guests? Only to one person in room (which one)? Totally configurable at kiosk to assign differing $$$ to different guests?

Thanks!

The amount of OBC from TA shows in our confirmation docs.  If you want it to go to specific guests, then that is between you and your TA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...