itscamparitime

Costa Victoria - Mauritius/Seychelles/Madagascar/Reunion Islands

Any members travelling on this cruise 10th Nov 18 , as usual most of the reviews on this ship are pretty unfavourable

We've travelled with Costa many times, and don't usually take too much notice of reviews and mostly we've had a good holiday.

Edited by itscamparitime

I'm going on this one over Christmas. 

I love the itinerary - my expectations are very low of the ship and the weather so hopefully things can only be better 🙂

Please let let me know how you get on, I'm especially interested in the shore excursions. 

On 11/2/2018 at 11:35 PM, Spambo2 said:

I love the itinerary - my expectations are very low of the ship and the weather so hopefully things can only be better 🙂

Please let let me know how you get on, I'm especially interested in the shore excursions. 

Hi there we have travelled many times with Costa and we really haven't had a real problem only once and it was sorted out very quickly for us! I realise that the weather could be a bit of a issue but tbh we've had a few rainy days in European ports in summer/autumn seasons we have just made the best of the situation and always go prepared with our umbrella /raincoat just in case! Food entertainment cleanliness has always been very good as are the staff! In fact our worst cruise ever was last year with Royal Caribbean it was dreadful! Tired ship, the smallest cabin ever with bed up against the bulk head so I had to scramble in and out of bed, lack of storage, rude cabin lady the entertainment was so bad the highlight was when the Captain came armed with guitar and sang Mustang Sally the highlight of our holiday on board! We've never been on Victoria before and from some pictures that where posted on one of the forums on here it looks fine to us it's not quite as glitzy as some of their other ships but we don't mind that. Keep posted to this forum as sure that you'll get some info on the excursions! Hope some other people enroll soon on your roll call! Belle 

Hi Spambo. We didn't take any Costa excursions because we thought they didn't represent good value. In the Seychelles you can get a minibus or taxi, or even the public bus (22 or 21) to beautiful Beau Vallon beach for a fraction of the Costa price.

In Reunion we rented a car from Avis which is about 10 minutes walk from the port exit. You can also get a shuttle from the port exit to the bus station in the nearest town, Le Port, from where you can get another bus to St Denis, St Paul or St Gilles (where there is a good beach).

In Diego Suarez we used a local agency called Madabest (they have a website) for a whole day tour to Amber Mountain national park and Three Bays around the city. They provided a good 4x4 with driver and knowledgeable and friendly guide - again for a fraction of the Costa price.

In Nosy Be we used another local agency to do a tour to Nosy Komba where there is a park with lemurs and then on to another island for swimming and lunch. There are lots of operators waiting on the quayside when the tenders arrive.

Don't worry about the ship. Yes, it's old and the classic inside cabins are tiny, but the crew are wonderful and the food is good.

Thank you so much - you've made me feel much better about things 🙂

Please please let us know how you all get on as I’m considering this cruise for 2020

Wishing I had the March repo booked instead of Deliziosa Transatlantic !