Unread posts button

jsf

What has happened to the unread post button on each thread and roll calls? I don't want to read through all the posts to find new posts. Am I over looking or is that feature hidden?

J.

16 minutes ago, jsf said:

What has happened to the unread post button on each thread and roll calls? I don't want to read through all the posts to find new posts. Am I over looking or is that feature hidden?

J.

To the left of the thread title there is a blue dot or a star. Click on it and it will take you the first unread post.

Edited by davekathy

6 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Dave Kathy, the font you chose for your answer is so thin and light, I can’t make it out.  Could you please re-post with a bolder choice? Thanks

Can you see it now? To the left of the thread title there is a blue dot or a star. Click on it and it will take you the first unread post.

Edited by davekathy

32 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Can you see it now? To the left of the thread title there is a blue dot or a star. Click on it and it will take you the first unread post.

If you use that font maybe you can make it bigger and use the bold feature..

I found  the blue dot.  This will be helpful...I hope

Edited by hcat

3 hours ago, hcat said:

If you use that font maybe you can make it bigger and use the bold feature..

I found  the blue dot.  This will be helpful...I hope

Just for my own curiosity are you logged  into CC using a laptop or phone? All my post are done on a laptop. Just as an FYI once you've posted to a thread the dot changes to a star. Same function as the dot.

4 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Dave Kathy, the font you chose for your answer is so thin and light, I can’t make it out.  Could you please re-post with a bolder choice? Thanks

Just for my own curiosity are you logged  into CC using a laptop or phone? All my post are done on a laptop.

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Just for my own curiosity are you logged  into CC using a laptop or phone? All my post are done on a laptop. Just as an FYI once you've posted to a thread the dot changes to a star. Same function as the dot.

Phone and tablet..both Android

Dot works well

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Are you able to view this post without any issues? Currently I'm using the standard default font size and style.

Yes......Much easier than the script... I sometimes use the bold so folks can read it...I think the default is a bit small but the bold helps.  I might try to make the print size one step larger....

Nothing I clicked on seemed to make it larger.

I also see the  big letter A has color choices...( using my tablet now) but I cant get that to engage,,,,,

Edited by hcat

7 hours ago, davekathy said:

To the left of the thread title there is a blue dot or a star. Click on it and it will take you the first unread post.

That works for the main boards but there is nothing to take you to first unread post on content you are following (used to be called subscribed threads).  

Mary in NC aka durangokid

37 minutes ago, durangokid said:

That works for the main boards but there is nothing to take you to first unread post on content you are following (used to be called subscribed threads).  

I also can't get it to work on the Roll Calls

17 hours ago, davekathy said:

Thanks for the info!  I still don't know my way around the 'new' site layout....and wondered what had happened to some familiar features.

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

You're welcome. And just when we get it all figured out...:classic_wacko:

Something I've noticed...the dot doesn't change to a star to my posts??

Oops...yes they do...just checked this posting.  Still more to learn.

Edited by oceangoer2

18 hours ago, durangokid said:

That is where I miss it the most.

My work Around is I click the >>  next to page on the top of the message thread and it take you to the last page.   Then I scroll to the bottom.    Not as good as Last Unread button but I can live with it until the Unread button comes back.   I am sure it will.

18 hours ago, durangokid said:

If you get email notifications about posts to your 'followed' threads, the link in the email will take you directly to the new post.

49 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

That is where I miss it the most.

My work Around is I click the >>  next to page on the top of the message thread and it take you to the last page.   Then I scroll to the bottom.    Not as good as Last Unread button but I can live with it until the Unread button comes back.   I am sure it will.

If using a keyboard, you can also use the End key to quickly go to the bottom and then the Page Up key will put you somewhere around the last post.  

Edited by bEwAbG