Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
gmbhardy

Bliss Vibe

Recommended Posts

Is the Vibe on the Bliss the same as the other big ships or does it have any unique features? Any impressions from those that have experienced Vibe on the Bliss would be appreciated.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The response to my question has been overwhelming. Should have asked something more controversial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It could be no one has done the Vibe on multiple ships (or at least the ones that have done it haven't read this query yet).  Your best bet is to view videos on YouTube on various Vibe clubs and try to see if there are any differences or are they similar on all ships.   Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i will be sailing the Bliss in a few weeks, and plan on getting a Vibe pass... One thing I can gather from the deck plans is that the bar is much smaller than others I've experienced on Escape and Getaway... I will be doing a Live Review of the December 1st sailing, and will include photos then... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d like to know that too. On the Getaway, the bar was quite large so they allowed smoking at one end of it. If the Vibe bar is smaller on the Bliss, I assume smoking is not allowed, or at least I hope it’s not allowed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2018 at 11:07 PM, gmbhardy said:

Is the Vibe on the Bliss the same as the other big ships or does it have any unique features? Any impressions from those that have experienced Vibe on the Bliss would be appreciated.

 

From the pics I have seen as well as a short video, it's exactly the same as on the Escape.  With the only difference being the cost increase from 99 to 129. :classic_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2018 at 8:21 PM, BirdTravels said:

Purchase Vibe Passes at The Social, Deck 6, Mid (Headliners on other -away class ships)

 

image.thumb.png.81eda7218e6806e3011dd09f80dc7edd.png

image.thumb.png.bac441f38252331143c172dd2273cd46.png

image.thumb.png.3b55d1aec126c16983120fb8e49e4ab6.png

Not last week. They sold them at guest services, even though there were signs at Social Club. 

Edited by CruisinHarvey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CruisinHarvey said:

Not last week. They sold them at guest services, even though there were signs at Social Club. 

thanks  will have to figure out where to go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, coopster said:

thanks  will have to figure out where to go

Wish I could help. It was a mess last week. Not one person standing in line at the social club got a pass. Staff just walked in and said sold out. That's because they sold them at the guest services desk, although they didn't say that. They said they were all taken by B2B passengers. Lots of unhappy people in line. So we stopped at the Atrium bar to say hi to a crew member we know, and watched 4 people putting on Vibe bracelets. I asked if they were B2Bers. The answer was - Nope, got them at guest services but they're sold out now.  I told Jocel, an assistant HD, they needed to fix a problem.  Told her they needed one place and one place only. She never said which place it would be.  But, she did offer to get passes for us. Good luck!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the photos the Bliss Vibe looks like the Escapes Vibe.......

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CruisinHarvey said:

Wish I could help. It was a mess last week. Not one person standing in line at the social club got a pass. Staff just walked in and said sold out. That's because they sold them at the guest services desk, although they didn't say that. They said they were all taken by B2B passengers. Lots of unhappy people in line. So we stopped at the Atrium bar to say hi to a crew member we know, and watched 4 people putting on Vibe bracelets. I asked if they were B2Bers. The answer was - Nope, got them at guest services but they're sold out now.  I told Jocel, an assistant HD, they needed to fix a problem.  Told her they needed one place and one place only. She never said which place it would be.  But, she did offer to get passes for us. Good luck!  

what grouping were you on and what time did they tell you it was sold out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, coopster said:

what grouping were you on and what time did they tell you it was sold out

 

We were not in a group. We're platinum plus, so we get priority boarding. Boarded around 11:10  It was only a couple minutes after we arrived the social club, that they said was it was sold out.  We were 3rd in the Vibe line at Social club, with other platinum/platinum plus cruisers. No one got a pass there. I'm sure the folks that went to guest services were priority boarding too.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CruisinHarvey said:

 

We were not in a group. We're platinum plus, so we get priority boarding. Boarded around 11:10  It was only a couple minutes after we arrived the social club, that they said was it was sold out.  We were 3rd in the Vibe line at Social club, with other platinum/platinum plus cruisers. No one got a pass there. I'm sure the folks that went to guest services were priority boarding too.   

wow  we are on the bliss on the 17th  we plan on getting there early . we are not platinum so we will hopefully get the passes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got passes last week, and it was money well spent.  My husband sprinted to guest services and I met him there; the two ladies behind him in line got the last two passes.  There was some confusion there, though.  When it was our turn at the counter, the lady there said the passes were at the Social.  We called the employee over that had said we got the passes to correct her, and it all worked out.  We were Group 1, but the side of the waiting area where we were sitting had awful sound or broken speakers or something, so you couldn't hear the boarding group announcements.  We could tell people were going on the other side, so we went on our side, and they let us through.  Not sure if we were really supposed to board then or not because we couldn't hear what the announcements were saying.  I think it was slightly before 11 that we were boarding.

 

This was our first time in Vibe, so I don't know how it compares to other ships, but I thought there was a lot of space, and it never seemed crowded.  The staff was fantastic.  Although now I feel like I need it on every cruise.

PA300173.JPG

PA300174.JPG

PA300175.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, claireruth said:

We got passes last week, and it was money well spent.  My husband sprinted to guest services and I met him there; the two ladies behind him in line got the last two passes.  There was some confusion there, though.  When it was our turn at the counter, the lady there said the passes were at the Social.  We called the employee over that had said we got the passes to correct her, and it all worked out.  We were Group 1, but the side of the waiting area where we were sitting had awful sound or broken speakers or something, so you couldn't hear the boarding group announcements.  We could tell people were going on the other side, so we went on our side, and they let us through.  Not sure if we were really supposed to board then or not because we couldn't hear what the announcements were saying.  I think it was slightly before 11 that we were boarding.

 

This was our first time in Vibe, so I don't know how it compares to other ships, but I thought there was a lot of space, and it never seemed crowded.  The staff was fantastic.  Although now I feel like I need it on every cruise.

PA300173.JPG

PA300174.JPG

PA300175.JPG

Thanks for the photos. Wow, the bar is much smaller than the other Vibes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

How was Shot O'Clock and who was bartending?

 

It was fine. Whenever someone wanted it. It was mostly little beers. Ruby is the primary bartender. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can any recent cruisers clear up the issue concerning where to purchase Vibe passes on the Bliss (Social or Guest Services)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

Can any recent cruisers clear up the issue concerning where to purchase Vibe passes on the Bliss (Social or Guest Services)?

 

We were on the 10/27 sailing and got ours at Guest Services.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...