Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
neilkear

On Breakaway now, course change.

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

USCG inspection of what? the Escape?

 

As per NCL's robo-calling, everyone started getting those automated messages since 1 PM yesterday, hopefully it will be smooth in the morning - nothing close to the events today.  We rescheduled our 2 car services pickup time going to the pier in the morning to get there later than usual - those on our Roll Call got notified, fingers crossed.  VM transcript of the messages they left for us - didn't push email or SMS messages out, however ... some folks will probably end up getting there at 8:30 or 9 AM. 

 

 

Screenshot_20181026-131407.png

Edited by mking8288

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Screenshot_20181026-131407.png

 

as google voice user too, i love how horrible google does transcribing the voicemails to text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shof515 said:

 

as google voice user too, i love how horrible google does transcribing the voicemails to text

im google voice as well.

it's free so i cant knock it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on the Gen this morning and was wondering where the BA was. We had our problems with about five different passengers being injured and ambulances being called. Then as we are pulling in to dock, a barge was in out spot and it was a 1.5 hour delay. These two cruises had problems. Hopefully the new passengers on both trips have a better time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, OBSESSIVEWORLDTRAVELER said:

I was on the Gen this morning and was wondering where the BA was. We had our problems with about five different passengers being injured and ambulances being called. Then as we are pulling in to dock, a barge was in out spot and it was a 1.5 hour delay. These two cruises had problems. Hopefully the new passengers on both trips have a better time.

what happened with the 5 passengers?

how did they get hurt?

 

what do you mean the barge was in Gem's spot?

and there's no central traffic control for the harbor??

 

Edited by fstuff1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate to say it, but another medivac, right on the pier...an ambulance came screaming in to pick some one else up...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bob brown said:

Hate to say it, but another medivac, right on the pier...an ambulance came screaming in to pick some one else up...

 

No food or booze since 4pm what do you expect!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bob brown said:

Hate to say it, but another medivac, right on the pier...an ambulance came screaming in to pick some one else up...

geez!

someone leaving or one the passengers waiting to embark?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jenn_m said:

My parents are onboard and texted me that they're helping search for a man overboard.

 

Sandy Hook Pilot station suspended harbor entrance and had all ships including breakaway  search for a man overboard from a commercial ship. We had Coast Guard helicopters also searching and the word is that he was rescued.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No wonder they’re having so many pier-side medevacs, the pier terminal is about 100 degrees. Even the old people are sweating and they’re never warm enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were picking up my parents from that ship tonight and found a passport on the street. Poor man lost it after all he is been trough.. Very common name, William Martinez.. I guess from NY. Is there a chance,  someone from their party is reading this..  I'll turn it in to the authorities tomorrow or Monday,  meanwhile maybe someone does know him here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not trying to be judgemental, but knowing the importance of a passport on an international trip and there being very little time for this man to get it back, why are you waiting until “tomorrow or Monday”? Wouldn’t it simply be easiest to bring it into the pier and give it to a NCL representative?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, so....

 

At 1:57AM an announcement from the bridge is indicating that the emergency/muster drill is taking place immediately. So, I was wrong, it won’t be a 4AM drill, just a 2:30AM drill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

Muster 215am

Oh good grief.  There will be a lot of people at the make up muster drill tomorrow.  The poor crew and passengers.  Everyone is exhausted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FrequentFlyKid said:

I am not trying to be judgemental, but knowing the importance of a passport on an international trip and there being very little time for this man to get it back, why are you waiting until “tomorrow or Monday”? Wouldn’t it simply be easiest to bring it into the pier and give it to a NCL representative?

All indications are, the person who lost it, was leaving the ship,  not boarding. Person, who found is 80 y.o., told us later, on the highway,  so.. I understand,  it's not ideal,  but I was hoping someone knows someone.. before I give it to cops or mail it whenever.. Does anyone know if he will be contacted or it just security measures,  so a passport wouldn't land in a wrong hands?.. I'll call NCL, maybe they can help, feel sorry for the guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mdwcruises said:

Crazy experience for sure.   Muster at 2am?    The b2b cruisers are the lucky ones. 

 

 

this sort of messes 2 days for you guys....hope things settle and you enjoy the rest of your cruise....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took this photo of the Breakaway at 7:09am in my bathroom shower (18120) on the Escape just before we got to the Verrazano. Would have gone out to the balcony, but it was way too cold. 

822AFA13-C1ED-4163-9258-0AABC24B88DE.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole embarkation and disembarkation was an absolute shambles ... announcement was made at 8.30 pm to say garden cafe was open for snacks but nobody wanted to give up their spaces on the stairwells or wherever they could find a spot . We were walk off passengers and didn't get off till 11pm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We received today a letter in our stateroom notifying us that an additional pro-rated credit for the first day of the cruise had posted to our account. They simply took the total cruise fare paid, divided by 15 and have that back as a credit. This is in addition to the $75. 

 

I know now many will disagree, but things happen and I think NCL did the best they could given a host of challenges coming back to NY. Crediting back the day that was lost was a necessary step and now that they’ve done that, I think they made it right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FrequentFlyKid said:

We received today a letter in our stateroom notifying us that an additional pro-rated credit for the first day of the cruise had posted to our account. They simply took the total cruise fare paid, divided by 15 and have that back as a credit. This is in addition to the $75. 

 

I know now many will disagree, but things happen and I think NCL did the best they could given a host of challenges coming back to NY. Crediting back the day that was lost was a necessary step and now that they’ve done that, I think they made it right. 

I’m sorry for everyone involved. That sounds awesome!! So basically you got one day credited PLUS $75/person? This was not NCL’s fault so I think it’s VERY GENEROUS! Just curious if you can collect all this AND something from your travel insurance for trip delay?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, imagine the ones that were disembarking on that day...could be quite a financial burden to them with perhaps no reimbursement...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they probably got something .... they just haven't said yet

 

besides....insurance policies vary widely so everyone should put in a claim

and reread your ticket policies NCL might be on the hook for more but one has

to investigate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My parents were on the cruise,  didn't hear anything about reimbursement of any kind. Also, with NCL help I found the person who lost his passport! We talked already,  working out details of returning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...