Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Crew News

New Club Orange

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, OlsSalt said:

 

Yes, I shall demand HAL now provide physical ambiance in direct contradiction of passenger's choice of apparel. The more they go low, the more HAL has to go high.

 

All kidding aside, it’s just puzzling that HAL’s Suite dining room (at least as it is now) is not as attractive as the Main Dining Room. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Caribbean Chris said:

 

All kidding aside, it’s just puzzling that HAL’s Suite dining room (at least as it is now) is not as attractive as the Main Dining Room. 

 

Agree.

 

And less attractive than the PG since that is where Suites used to have breakfast.

It's enough to discourage a person from booking a suite. 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Caribbean Chris said:

 

All kidding aside, it’s just puzzling that HAL’s Suite dining room (at least as it is now) is not as attractive as the Main Dining Room. 

 

Maybe HAL misread the clues - demands for casual dress for all dining did not mean passengers wanted less casual settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I passed by Club Orange this evening at 7:20, and there were 3 couples in there having dinner. 

 

CAFBB7F5-DA7C-48ED-A24F-6648F17F2EF2.thumb.jpeg.5ff65616740abc2a2cc5f3e1aac1dd21.jpeg

At least the entrance was being closely monitored!   Thanks for the pic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, OlsSalt said:

 

What does HAL offer that keeps you coming back, when you say Celebrity and RCCI offer everything you want? Why even bother with HAL.

We prefer the smaller ships.  RCI suites dining and lounge is on the Oasis Class only.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Club Orange only on the NS now, and if so, when will it be rolled out to rest of fleet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OH MY: Remember when airport boarding with PRE was special? Now, some of the PRE lines are longer than the regular line. So here we go with upcharges and fees that at the end of the day eliminate any deal we thought we may have secured. Add an upsell for a better cabin, now ORANGE, big bucks for a spot at the RETREAT, daily gratuities going up.. Best to just get a suite and savor the journey with those perks to begin with. I'm not quite sure I'll ever make 500 days with HAL since I sail on other lines and don't happen to have 50 days a year to cruise (although this year I did manage to spend 60+ days cruising.) Just my thoughts. I have no problem doing some wash at the launderette and frankly, any day at sea is better than PERIOD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, royal65 said:

Is Club Orange only on the NS now, and if so, when will it be rolled out to rest of fleet?

 

It's supposed to go to the rest of the fleet.

 

those lucky people will get to eat in the MDR. 😞 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, seaventurer said:

OH MY: Remember when airport boarding with PRE was special? Now, some of the PRE lines are longer than the regular line. So here we go with upcharges and fees that at the end of the day eliminate any deal we thought we may have secured. Add an upsell for a better cabin, now ORANGE, big bucks for a spot at the RETREAT, daily gratuities going up.. Best to just get a suite and savor the journey with those perks to begin with. I'm not quite sure I'll ever make 500 days with HAL since I sail on other lines and don't happen to have 50 days a year to cruise (although this year I did manage to spend 60+ days cruising.) Just my thoughts. I have no problem doing some wash at the launderette and frankly, any day at sea is better than PERIOD.

 

Why get a suite now? Embarkaton line will be even long between the * Mariners & now Club Orange.  

 

And who the heck wants to eat there?  I see no inducement at all.  The PG was nice for breakfast.  Other lines give much better treatment to suite passengers.

I never complained before but this, IMO is absolutely horrific.  I wouldn't sit in one of those chairs.  MIght as well go to the Lido.

It's not fitting for supposedly suite or people paying a surcharge at all.

 

JMO though.  With this new 'benefit' the only plus to a suite is the space. 🙂. One of the big benefits for some is gone.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nymich said:

At least the entrance was being closely monitored!   Thanks for the pic!

 

4 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

I passed by Club Orange this evening at 7:20, and there were 3 couples in there having dinner. 

 

CAFBB7F5-DA7C-48ED-A24F-6648F17F2EF2.thumb.jpeg.5ff65616740abc2a2cc5f3e1aac1dd21.jpeg

Not a good sign for this new concept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

 

Not a good sign for this new concept.

 

Looks like a Cafeteria with table clothes,  could be noisy with hard wood floor as well. Certainly could not be called Classy !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way to end this quickly? If your in a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite just don’t go to Club Orange or don’t sign up and pay to join the club.

 

That being said and with  discussions I had on our recent Koningsdam Cruise I feel this was a last moment decision to implement Club Orange. It allowed no time for the new build or the Koningsdam  drydock to redesign for what such a venue should be.

 

We will definitely miss the ambiance of the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast when we book a Neptune Suite. 

 

After years of asking for a eight or six tops tables in MDR we now prefer a two top by window. Though we still do larger tables when traveling with cruising friends. Will we get those preferences in Orange?  Question? Are Suite members required to eat in Orange? We are cruising with past cruising friends on the Maasdam next April and we are in SA but want to dine with them in the MDR. Can we?

 

With only a few cruisers dining in Orange it will probably take a long time to get a real feeling or review on what the Orange experience was like and was it above and beyond a dining in MDR dining experience.

 

Right now there is just not enough information to satisfy curiosities. Maybe Hal should give an in depth description on their Hal Blog.

 

We have the patience to wait and see but our curiosity is perked to what Club Orange really will encourage us to try.

 

I think I saw one post from Hal or a CC member that Club Orange would offer two more entre items a night vs the MDR.? That’s all? Hal needs to promote, advertise and explain what are the advantages of Club Orange.

 

Hal when you start a new program let your loyal customers know what your doing and why versus a three paragraph statement on your blog. Thanks I’m done.

 

Happy Holidays everyone; flying in the morning for our last cruise on the MS Prisendam Cruise Saturday. It’s the goodbye cruise.❤️🌲

 

 

Edited by aliaschief

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kazu said:

And who the heck wants to eat there?  I see no inducement at all.  The PG was nice for breakfast.  Other lines give much better treatment to suite passengers.

I never complained before but this, IMO is absolutely horrific.  I wouldn't sit in one of those chairs.  MIght as well go to the Lido.

It's not fitting for supposedly suite or people paying a surcharge at all.

 

JMO though.  With this new 'benefit' the only plus to a suite is the space. 🙂. One of the big benefits for some is gone.  

 

Maybe HAL will flip things and give Suites and Club Orange the MDR, and everyone else what is now CO.:classic_laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kazu said:

 

Why get a suite now? Embarkaton line will be even long between the * Mariners & now Club Orange.  

 

The only reason I would pay for a suite is for the space.  The rest is window dressing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Confused about the fuss. We do neptune about 50% of our cruises when the price works out. Has the neptune lounge been eliminated or is it just the ability to have breakfast in Pinnacle that has folks concerned? Have only ventured twice in 10 years to Pinnacle for breakfast and never went back. Is there something else I have missed here? Thanks in advance.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, aliaschief said:

I think I saw one post from Hal or a CC member that Club Orange would offer two more entre items a night vs the MDR.? That’s all? Hal needs to promote, advertise and explain what are the advantages of Club Orange.

 

Hal when you start a new program let your loyal customers know what your doing and why versus a three paragraph statement on your blog. Thanks I’m done.

From the limited information from HAL, it sounds like for $50pp/day a non Neptune Suite passenger can have most of the suite's amenities except the Neptune Lounge. IMHO I think that cheapens the Suite experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, aliaschief said:

The way to end this quickly? If your in a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite just don’t go to Club Orange or don’t sign up and pay to join the club.

 

That being said and with  discussions I had on our recent Koningsdam Cruise I feel this was a last moment decision to implement Club Orange. It allowed no time for the new build or the Koningsdam  drydock to redesign for what such a venue should be.

 

We will definitely miss the ambiance of the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast when we book a Neptune Suite. 

 

After years of asking for a eight or six tops tables in MDR we now prefer a two top by window. Though we still do larger tables when traveling with cruising friends. Will we get those preferences in Orange?  Question? Are Suite members required to eat in Orange? We are cruising with past cruising friends on the Maasdam next April and we are in SA but want to dine with them in the MDR. Can we?

 

With only a few cruisers dining in Orange it will probably take a long time to get a real feeling or review on what the Orange experience was like and was it above and beyond a dining in MDR dining experience.

 

Right now there is just not enough information to satisfy curiosities. Maybe Hal should give an in depth description on their Hal Blog.

 

We have the patience to wait and see but our curiosity is perked to what Club Orange really will encourage us to try.

 

I think I saw one post from Hal or a CC member that Club Orange would offer two more entre items a night vs the MDR.? That’s all? Hal needs to promote, advertise and explain what are the advantages of Club Orange.

 

Hal when you start a new program let your loyal customers know what your doing and why versus a three paragraph statement on your blog. Thanks I’m done.

 

Happy Holidays everyone; flying in the morning for our last cruise on the MS Prisendam Cruise Saturday. It’s the goodbye cruise.❤️🌲

 

 

 

Wow, some  great comments and questions.  I would not like to be in my SA cabin and  be forced to dine in    hat awful looking room  and not be permitted to dine inMDR.  If they could not do it correctly  why did they waste the effort and money and create that cold, barren unwelcoming looking space?  It has nothing invtging ab out it IMO

 

What designer thought it has any appeal?

 

AND?   No more suite breakfast in Pinnacle?  

What genious thinks  taking away one of the best features of being in a Neptune (suite breakfast in Pinnacle) is  great idea?    That is one of my favorite amenities we pay for by booking a Neptune.

 

 

BAD idea.   A  loser,

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, terrydtx said:

From the limited information from HAL, it sounds like for $50pp/day a non Neptune Suite passenger can have most of the suite's amenities except the Neptune Lounge. IMHO I think that cheapens the Suite experience. 

 

Totally agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Crusinsusan2 said:

Confused about the fuss. We do neptune about 50% of our cruises when the price works out. Has the neptune lounge been eliminated or is it just the ability to have breakfast in Pinnacle that has folks concerned? Have only ventured twice in 10 years to Pinnacle for breakfast and never went back. Is there something else I have missed here? Thanks in advance.   

 

 

HAL on the Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam want the Neptune and Pinnacle Suite passengers to have breakfast in Club Orange.  And soon those suite passengers on the other ships will have a special place to have breakfast in the main dining room. 

 

Doing away with our wonderful breakfasts in the Pinnacle Grill is sad.  JMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to deck plan the windows in Club Orange look out to the inside walkway from Ocean Bar to MDR.

 

Ann's picture was at dinner- lights appear to be brighter than Lido. The "Denny's at sea" description is close. She posted a picture from breakfast and saw no tablecloths on tables.  Looks like the Lido with "faux wood" floors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

 

Totally agree.

PLEase put me on the list of those who  don't like the suite experience keeps getting reduced by 'giving' things suite guests pay dearly for  to mariners and now whomever  will pay that small sum  for this  Club Orange thing.   I got a quote today for a cruise I have done many times.  I have the 'old' prices to use for comparison  and there is no lowering of the pric e.    for the "SA" cabin

Edited by sail7seas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sail7seas said:

PLEase put me on the list of those who  don't like the suite experience keeps getting reduced by 'giving' things suite guests pay dearly for  to mariners and now whomever  will pay that small sum.    I got aquote today for a cruise I have done many times.  I hve the 'old' prices to use for comparison  and there is no lowering of the pric e.    for the "SA" cabin

 

I feel it’s a slap in the face of Neptune suite guests.  No breakfast in Pinnacle-seriously?   Club Orange-hope it’s a big fail.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sail7seas said:

 

Wow, some  great comments and questions.  I would not like to be in my SA cabin and  be forced to dine in    hat awful looking room  and not be permitted to dine inMDR.  If they could not do it correctly  why did they waste the effort and money and create that cold, barren unwelcoming looking space?  It has nothing invit ing ab out it IMO

 

What designer thought it has any appeal?

 

AND?   No more suite breakfast in Pinnacle?  

What genious thinks  taking away one of the best features of being in a Neptune (suite breakfast in Pinnacle) is  great idea?    That is one of my favorite amenities we pay for by booking a Neptune.

 

 

BAD idea.   A  loser,

 

 

 

For those who do not care about suite breakfast in Pinnnale, that is, of  , course fine.  However, many of us think it  one of the  best benefits of being in a Neptune.  For $50,  it  seems, HAL's money grab for  such small sum is dismissing  those who like the limited number of guests having breakfast each morning in Pinnacle.

  If we want to go where there is a crowd, we can go to MDR or Lido.  We pay a great deal of money to avoid    that as  well as  for a few other amenities that attach to Neptunes and Pinnac le   suites.

 

Kindly   try to respect that   position .  🙂

 

 

Edited by sail7seas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, sail7seas said:

For those who do not care about suite breakfast in Pinnnale, that is, of  , course fine.  However, many of us think it  one of the  best benefits of being in a Neptune.  For $50,  it  seems, HAL's money grab for  such small sum is dismissing  those who like the limited number of guests having breakfast each morning in Pinnacle.

  If we want to go where there is a crowd, we can go to MDR or Lido.  We pay a great deal of money to avoid    that as  well as  for a few other amenities that attach to Neptunes and Pinnac le   suites.

 

Kindly   try to respect that   position .  🙂

 

 

It’s a perk I would miss not having breakfast in the Pinnacle where it’s nice,  quiet and relaxing.  

 

We have been talking about alternating between Neptune and Signature suites but also a regular balcony.  We have a Vista suite in February on the Koningsdam after being in their beautiful Signature suite last December.  In April we are back to a Neptune on the NA. After that we will have to decide if the Neptunes are worth it to us any longer.  I’m not liking some of the changes HAL is making but they are still my preferred cruise line, for now.  

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...