Grandeur of the Seas best interior cabin?

I'm not sure I've ever seen a universally acclaimed "best" inside stateroom on Grandeur.  However, I would stay away from deck 8 to avoid potential noise from the pool deck directly above.

Just general guidance from our perspective unrelated to particular ship. Look for one mid-ship with cabins on decks above and below to avoid noise from some public-space source.  (As per the example in Bob's comment.)

Enjoy.

I was concerned when decided to do an inside on Grandeur.  Fortunately 8529 (a sideway cabin) was quiet except for a short time  when they were working on a spa on deck 9 above.

That good experience led to more Grandeur insides:  8581, 2057, and 2625.   To my surprise they were all quiet, and well maintained.

Would we prefer a nice balcony midship?  Sure, but we would not  hesitate to stay in any of the above insides again.

"Best" depends on what is important to you.  Close to elevators/stairs for convenience, or far away for less foot traffic nearby?  Midships and low for less sea movement, or higher and forward or aft for more? Close to public rooms, or further?

We've cruised over 50 times, so I'm familiar with what to look for when it comes to selecting a cabin.  But since we've never been on this particular ship, I was curious if anybody had input into any particular cabins that are particularly good, e.g., larger than the average, away from noise, etc.  The cabin we selected is below the dining room, which doesn't bother me, but the rep at RCI did say there is a large "blank area" above us that she doesn't know what it is.  We're currently booked in 3121, so if anybody has any particular input, I would appreciate it. We have plenty of time to change cabins.

23 minutes ago, dutchclogs said:

Are they all the same size? Or is it the sideways cabins have a different lay out?

We stayed in one on the 7th deck.  You enter right by the foot of the bed facing the dresser.  There was a chair right as you entered.  Our chair was on the right and bed on the left.  We turned right and there was the bathroom on the right of hall and closets on the left. Blank wall at the end. (This would be the entrance door in a normal cabin).  . I would say you loose space since you could only have a chair, which seemed to always get in the way. I was always stubbing my toe on the leg.

Would I get one again. Yes if the cost was right.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

We've cruised over 50 times, so I'm familiar with what to look for when it comes to selecting a cabin.  But since we've never been on this particular ship, I was curious if anybody had input into any particular cabins that are particularly good, e.g., larger than the average, away from noise, etc.  The cabin we selected is below the dining room, which doesn't bother me, but the rep at RCI did say there is a large "blank area" above us that she doesn't know what it is.  We're currently booked in 3121, so if anybody has any particular input, I would appreciate it. We have plenty of time to change cabins.

Doesn't look like anything to worry about.  There is a blank space beside your cabin.  We have had them before and never heard any noise.  Usually crew supplies.  I am going to try and post a snip I took to show a side by side comparison. Deck 4below.........                           Your deck below

deck plan.GIF

Edited by retiredgram
addition

21 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Any input into the best interior cabin?  Specifically Grandeur of the Seas.

Having cruised on the Grandeur many, many times, our best cabin is mid ship, deck 4. Maybe that is because we are so familiar with getting to everything from that particular deck.

I personally don’t like the “sideways” cabins. Therefore, I prefer the cabins on decks 2, 3 or 4.  There are regular size interior cabins and large interior.  I prefer the large cabin.  It’s not much bigger, but, still better and more room at the bottom of the bed.  Also, if you have the bed separated, it seems so much larger and better to get in and out of bed. Especially for a potty break diring the night.

That being said, I’d take any cabin if it was the last one available on a cruise I wanted to go on........😉

Gwen 😀

• Like 1

5 hours ago, retiredgram said:

Having cruised on the Grandeur many, many times, our best cabin is mid ship, deck 4. Maybe that is because we are so familiar with getting to everything from that particular deck.

This is our experience and choice as well.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2018 at 5:52 PM, cruzinlady1947 said:

I personally don’t like the “sideways” cabins. Therefore, I prefer the cabins on decks 2, 3 or 4.  There are regular size interior cabins and large interior.  I prefer the large cabin.  It’s not much bigger, but, still better and more room at the bottom of the bed.  Also, if you have the bed separated, it seems so much larger and better to get in and out of bed. Especially for a potty break diring the night.

That being said, I’d take any cabin if it was the last one available on a cruise I wanted to go on........😉

Gwen 😀

I wasn't aware that some of the interior cabins are larger than others.  Can you give me an example?

• 5 weeks later...

Our preference is Deck 3, either between the forward and aft stairs, or just aft of the aft stairs.  We had a problem with 3111 on 12/1 cruise - some light leaks through closed connecting door to 3109 and relatively louder neighbors resulting in more noise than we expected (masked at bedtime by playing music from iPad).  Friends on Deck 4 exterior forward experienced a lot of up/down movement on days with rough seas (Day 11 on our 12/1 12-day).  

Based on experience on Enchantment, I'd avoid interior cabins on 3 directly under the Centrum - you will hear the big party nights; it will get quiet as soon as they end.  So an issue if you go to bed early/have children with you.