Cabana on Eurodam on Alaska cruise

julie2s

I have read about Cabanas on the Eurodam.  We are cruising out of Seattle on 5/25/19 through 6/1/19. We have booked an Oceanview cabin. Wondering if a cabana makes sense.  Are they located where you could sit more comfortably and view the scenery? Also, there are 4 of us, do we need a family retreat cabana? 

I just booked a cabana for our upcoming Xmas cruise on the Eurodam. It was $399 for the whole week. If you want to just book a day or two, you need to do that once you get on board and you run the risk of them selling out to the weekly renters. Check out the flyer on Roger Jett's site:

https://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/cabana-club-menu

Also check out some of the Eurodam ship tour videos on YouTube to see what they look like. Basically the regular cabana has two loungers and a small table with two chairs. If you don't mind swapping and sharing seating, then a smaller one would be fine for 4 people. There are open air cabanas that overlook the lido pool if you are in the retreat section rather than Lido cabanas. The side cabanas in the retreat have plexiglass but face the ocean, so there are positives and negatives to each.

I'm pretty darn excited to have a cabana on this cruise, since we went cheap and booked an inside cabin. Most of the reviews I have read have been very positive about the excellent service from the cabana stewards.

10 minutes ago, Greysandy said:

I just booked a cabana for our upcoming Xmas cruise on the Eurodam. It was $399 for the whole week. If you want to just book a day or two, you need to do that once you get on board and you run the risk of them selling out to the weekly renters. Check out the flyer on Roger Jett's site:

https://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/cabana-club-menu

Also check out some of the Eurodam ship tour videos on YouTube to see what they look like. Basically the regular cabana has two loungers and a small table with two chairs. If you don't mind swapping and sharing seating, then a smaller one would be fine for 4 people. There are open air cabanas that overlook the lido pool if you are in the retreat section rather than Lido cabanas. The side cabanas in the retreat have plexiglass but face the ocean, so there are positives and negatives to each.

I'm pretty darn excited to have a cabana on this cruise, since we went cheap and booked an inside cabin. Most of the reviews I have read have been very positive about the excellent service from the cabana stewards.

Thanks so much.  I had found the roger jett photography post, which was very helpful. Thanks for responding. 

The retreat cabanas can get pretty cool for an Alaska cruise.  The lido cabanas are indoors with a big window to look out.  We paid 199$ per week.  I think 4 might be right if adults or older kids.  You could rent 2 and open the curtain in between

• 11 months later...

Julie2s, did you end up getting the cabana for Alaska.  We are on this cruise next July 4th and have booked a family cabana.  If so, wondering how it all worked out and how the weather was (realize that is never a guarantee).  Was it a good place for glacier day?  Thanks for any info!

My family, self, husband, 14 yr old and 12 yr old did Alaskan cruise this past July 2019 and rented Lido cabana for the week. We used it every day, was great for Glacier Bay and keeping out of the wind with full window view. Our cabana steward spoiled us rotten, and we just booked week rental for our March 2020 cruise coming up. I would highly recommend one.

Retreat cabanas are closed when it rains or is windy.  Both occur quite often during May, as it's early in the season.  If I were you, I'd get a Lido cabana where you're protected form the elements.  One word of caution, though, those cabanas can be noisy, especially if there are a lot of children on your sailing.  Some school systems who begin in August may have dismissed their students for summer break by the end of May.  How many may be on your cruise is an unknown factor.  

Make certain you view scenes in Alaska from all perspectives.  Go to the top of the ship and to the Promenade Deck (Deck 3 on most ships).  You'll be amazed at how different the same scenery can appear from varying heights.  Enjoy and treasure those moments in Alaska.

• 2 months later...