Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
pinkie60

Question about Classica sign and sail card

Recommended Posts

So I’ve sailed on the Celebration many times and they have an old fashion key that is separate  from your sign and sail card. On those of you who have sailed on the Classica is your sign and sail card you Hotel Key like on the Carnival lines?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pinkie, we have been on Classica twice, they do not use the key punch card like Celebration. Which is good, we lost a key card, cost $25.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is good to know - I've only been on the Celebration, and we are going on the Classica (due to the Celebration being deployed up to Boston)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'll like the Classica, the layout of the ship is quite different from Celebration, but the rooms are larger than Celebration, lots of marble flooring in lobby areas. 

We prefer Celebration, maybe because we have sailed her 7 or 8 times. We sail again in December for my BD, splurged for concierge on that cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rikitikitavii said:

You'll like the Classica, the layout of the ship is quite different from Celebration, but the rooms are larger than Celebration, lots of marble flooring in lobby areas. 

We prefer Celebration, maybe because we have sailed her 7 or 8 times. We sail again in December for my BD, splurged for concierge on that cruise.

I miss the Celebration. I’m sailing on the Classica on Friday (11/2) for the first time. I hope I like her suites. I loved the suites on the Celebration. I guess I’ll find out soon enough. I wish they had a model of the Classica in the gift shop, I collect them and I was told they don’t have them. I know I sound like a jerk but I wish they would have sent the Classica up to Massachusetts instead of the Celebration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2018 at 5:58 PM, pinkie60 said:

 I know I sound like a jerk but I wish they would have sent the Classica up to Massachusetts instead of the Celebration.

 

I might be concurring with your sentiment (I sail on 11/22).  But on the other hand, I'm taking it as a "forced" trial - LOL!

I hope I really like it (friends who sailed Celebration once and Classica once love the Classica!  Said it's very pretty.  They didn't have to fight the "comfort factor" of knowing one ship already, so I'm going with their optimism)

 

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bibble said:

 

I might be concurring with your sentiment (I sail on 11/22).  But on the other hand, I'm taking it as a "forced" trial - LOL!

I hope I really like it (friends who sailed Celebration once and Classica once love the Classica!  Said it's very pretty.  They didn't have to fight the "comfort factor" of knowing one ship already, so I'm going with their optimism)

 

Good luck!

Hi Bibble good to talk to you again. I just got off the Classica yesterday. I truly had a great time and it is beautiful. I will be critiquing it on the boards and do a review too. The marble, the shops, the pizza place, the Lido, the casino and the many lounges out class the Celebration. However, the balcony suites and Admirals Club leaves a lot to be desired. If you booked a regular cabin, I don’t think you will be disappointed. I booked the balcony suites and they do not compare to the Celebration. I would definitely recommend the ship but you’ll see what really needs improvement and I believe the cruise line will be able to improve the changes I think would bring this ship way over the top. She has a magnificent interior. More to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, pinkie60 said:

Hi Bibble good to talk to you again. I just got off the Classica yesterday. I truly had a great time and it is beautiful. I will be critiquing it on the boards and do a review too. The marble, the shops, the pizza place, the Lido, the casino and the many lounges out class the Celebration. However, the balcony suites and Admirals Club leaves a lot to be desired. If you booked a regular cabin, I don’t think you will be disappointed. I booked the balcony suites and they do not compare to the Celebration. I would definitely recommend the ship but you’ll see what really needs improvement and I believe the cruise line will be able to improve the changes I think would bring this ship way over the top. She has a magnificent interior. More to come.

 

That's all great to hear!  We have three oceanview cabins, so it sounds like we'll be happy :)
I'm excited to see it! Hoping to get used to a new ship pretty quickly.

looking forward to your review!!! 

It's always nice chatting with someone who gave the Celebration a try and liked it!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...