Independence of the Seas Grand Suite Questions

kcwiak

I have just booked a Grand Suite for a girls trip in February. I know one of the perks is breakfast in a specialty restaurant...is this complimentary? Are all specialty restaurants complimentary when in a suite?  Is there anything else that is recommended to take advantage of while in a suite?

Thank you!

1 minute ago, kcwiak said:

I have just booked a Grand Suite for a girls trip in February. I know one of the perks is breakfast in a specialty restaurant...is this complimentary? Are all specialty restaurants complimentary when in a suite?  Is there anything else that is recommended to take advantage of while in a suite?

Thank you!

Some Royal ships have suites that include all meals at specialty restaurants, but Indy is not one of those.  They will likely offer breakfast in a speicalty restaurant.

Enjoy free room service, including ordering off the MDR menu.

Complimentary breakfast menu in Chops, includes Eggs Benedict etc.

Reserved seating in Chops during the busy Windjammer lunch period.

Small buffet in Suite lounge throughout the day, with complimentary tea/coffee

Concierge can sort out Dining reservations for you, but the meals are not complimentary

Free room service

Ask the Concierge about getting onto one of the ship tours at no charge

23 minutes ago, cb at sea said:

Or, you can use the MDR for breakfast, if you'd like.

This is not a suite perk - anyone can eat there. Why would someone want to eat in the MDR when they have access to Chops?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, George C said:

You should have a limited lunch on sea days in chops also. 

On Liberty earlier this month, the Suite breakfast and sea-day lunch were in Giovanni's, and we were able to eat complimentary off the Giovanni's lunch menu - that was new to me.  They were serving a Specialty-restaurant lunch in Chops on sea days, I don't recall if it was $10 or $15.

8 hours ago, MichaelCMTX said:

On Liberty earlier this month, the Suite breakfast and sea-day lunch were in Giovanni's, and we were able to eat complimentary off the Giovanni's lunch menu - that was new to me.  They were serving a Specialty-restaurant lunch in Chops on sea days, I don't recall if it was $10 or $15.

Interesting I had the same on navigator but it was in chops full lunch menu , I thought they had stopped that perk of the full menu. In 2014 my first grand suite they had just started the free lunch in specialty restaurants for suite people. 

When we did liberty April 2017 lunch was Giovanni’s but smaller menu. 

Edited by George C
Add info

2 hours ago, George C said:

Interesting I had the same on navigator but it was in chops full lunch menu , I thought they had stopped that perk of the full menu. In 2014 my first grand suite they had just started the free lunch in specialty restaurants for suite people. 

When we did liberty April 2017 lunch was Giovanni’s but smaller menu. 

There were maybe 8 or 9 items listed.  When they brought over the menus I was wondering if there was going to be a charge.  Not like $15 is going to break us but, ya know...  Nope, our waiter told us "If you have the Gold sea pass card, it's complimentary."