Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
kcwiak

Independence of the Seas Grand Suite Questions

Recommended Posts

I have just booked a Grand Suite for a girls trip in February. I know one of the perks is breakfast in a specialty restaurant...is this complimentary? Are all specialty restaurants complimentary when in a suite?  Is there anything else that is recommended to take advantage of while in a suite?

 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kcwiak said:

I have just booked a Grand Suite for a girls trip in February. I know one of the perks is breakfast in a specialty restaurant...is this complimentary? Are all specialty restaurants complimentary when in a suite?  Is there anything else that is recommended to take advantage of while in a suite?

 

Thank you!

 

Some Royal ships have suites that include all meals at specialty restaurants, but Indy is not one of those.  They will likely offer breakfast in a speicalty restaurant.

 

Enjoy free room service, including ordering off the MDR menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Free Happy Hour drinks in the Suite Lounge. Free espresso machine up there as well. Runs 24/7 unless its broken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Complimentary breakfast menu in Chops, includes Eggs Benedict etc.

Reserved seating in Chops during the busy Windjammer lunch period.

Small buffet in Suite lounge throughout the day, with complimentary tea/coffee

Concierge can sort out Dining reservations for you, but the meals are not complimentary

Free room service

Ask the Concierge about getting onto one of the ship tours at no charge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As others have said, Suite guest have the luxury of breakfast in chops by ordering off a menu with table service. You can also get your food from the windjammer and bring it into chops to eat if that is your preference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, cb at sea said:

Or, you can use the MDR for breakfast, if you'd like.

This is not a suite perk - anyone can eat there. Why would someone want to eat in the MDR when they have access to Chops?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also make use of the concierge with whatever requirements you have whilst on board. They can even assist you with being one of the first off the ship at ports of call and on the first tender where the ship tenders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, George C said:

You should have a limited lunch on sea days in chops also. 

 

On Liberty earlier this month, the Suite breakfast and sea-day lunch were in Giovanni's, and we were able to eat complimentary off the Giovanni's lunch menu - that was new to me.  They were serving a Specialty-restaurant lunch in Chops on sea days, I don't recall if it was $10 or $15.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MichaelCMTX said:

 

On Liberty earlier this month, the Suite breakfast and sea-day lunch were in Giovanni's, and we were able to eat complimentary off the Giovanni's lunch menu - that was new to me.  They were serving a Specialty-restaurant lunch in Chops on sea days, I don't recall if it was $10 or $15.

Interesting I had the same on navigator but it was in chops full lunch menu , I thought they had stopped that perk of the full menu. In 2014 my first grand suite they had just started the free lunch in specialty restaurants for suite people. 

When we did liberty April 2017 lunch was Giovanni’s but smaller menu. 

Edited by George C
Add info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, George C said:

Interesting I had the same on navigator but it was in chops full lunch menu , I thought they had stopped that perk of the full menu. In 2014 my first grand suite they had just started the free lunch in specialty restaurants for suite people. 

When we did liberty April 2017 lunch was Giovanni’s but smaller menu. 

 

There were maybe 8 or 9 items listed.  When they brought over the menus I was wondering if there was going to be a charge.  Not like $15 is going to break us but, ya know...  Nope, our waiter told us "If you have the Gold sea pass card, it's complimentary."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...