Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
eroller

She's back!

Recommended Posts

It's a beautiful day in South Florida and I did a bit of ship spotting at PortMiami today.  It was a pleasure to see this old friend returning today for another season of Caribbean cruises.  Bon Voyage to all sailing on MSC DIVINA.  She looks great!  

 

I'll also mention she was the only ship in port dressed in her "flags", and it's a nice touch.  

 

 

IMG_1114.jpg

Edited by eroller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

3 weeks until I will be on her!!!!!😁

 

Lucky stiff...I have to wait until January !!!  ☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, champagne123 said:

 

Lucky stiff...I have to wait until January !!!  ☹️

Well I will let you know how we like her when we get back.  Won't be until Christmas though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to cruising on the Divina (2nd time) this coming January......can't get here soon enough 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Ernie, about a month and I'll be happily back on the Divina.  Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

November 29 can't get here fast enough.  We love the Divina!!!  We're looking forward to a wonderful B2B in the YC.  IMHO the YC is the only way to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, dgakers said:

November 29 can't get here fast enough.  We love the Divina!!!  We're looking forward to a wonderful B2B in the YC.  IMHO the YC is the only way to go.

 

First reviews in from people on the Divina are not good.  Many new inexperienced staff who don't know what they are doing.  Estimated at 25% new personnel.  Sure hope they can learn in a month.  Shouldn't be a problem in YC.  See you at the M&M.  Check out our Roll Call 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without any prompting from me (truly!) Matt was looking at cruises in the Med for next year... and before he could change his mind I was on the phone to MSC...and now happily booked on Divina for the 25th May from Genoa...Happy days!

And exactly one year from now we are on the Megraviglia as in to the hour UK time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, nikkiw60 said:

Without any prompting from me (truly!) Matt was looking at cruises in the Med for next year... and before he could change his mind I was on the phone to MSC...and now happily booked on Divina for the 25th May from Genoa...Happy days!

And exactly one year from now we are on the Megraviglia as in to the hour UK time!

 

Quick Q about Genoa - I note you are in South Yorkshire. We're near Edinburgh and it's proving a total nightmare to get to Genoa for our cruise next year - so we're going via Gatwick which seems daft for such a short hop!

 

Presume you have the same dilemma?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes we are going via Gatwick I am assuming with BA as MSC have not yet confirmed our flight. I am note sure if you have flown from here yet but it’s easy to get to from Kings Cross, just walk across to St Pancras and the train is direct to Gatwick. We are going down after work and staying at the Hilton in Gatwick which is right on the terminal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bob ... There are always going to be new staff on contract turnarounds and with the amount of ships now sailing many new ones as well. Gee them up for us so they are well versed in time for our Xmas sailing ... :classic_biggrin:

 

Nikki ... We can no longer fly to Gatwick as we have done previously to get to Genoa from Manchester but can via LHR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2018 at 8:10 PM, nikkiw60 said:

Yes we are going via Gatwick I am assuming with BA as MSC have not yet confirmed our flight. I am note sure if you have flown from here yet but it’s easy to get to from Kings Cross, just walk across to St Pancras and the train is direct to Gatwick. We are going down after work and staying at the Hilton in Gatwick which is right on the terminal.

 

Hmm - we are flying Edinburgh - Gatwick the night before. I looked at the Marriott Courtyard as well as the Hilton but have yet to decide. Marriott working out much cheaper but don't want to be in a dump......

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We used points to stay at the Hilton earlier this month. It is a typical airport hotel. But we had a real how much moment! A glass of wine was £15!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2018 at 10:32 PM, CTBob said:

Thanks Ernie, about a month and I'll be happily back on the Divina.  Bob

 

 

Lucky you Bob!  Enjoy.  No MSC cruises at the moment.  QM2 next month on a crossing then a Royal Caribbean cruise to Cuba.  February is up for grabs, so perhaps SEASIDE again (non-YC) or maybe even HAL's NIEUW STATENDAM.  I really want to sail on CELEBRITY EDGE but prices are sky high.  I'll let the hype die down.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...