Anything to do other than sit in beach bars or ruins?

jean87510

I've been reading about costa maya and what I can gather is either you use native choice for a tour to the ruins or you try to figure out which beach bar to sit at all day. Is there any good snorkeling tours or reefs around? Does anyone do anything different then the ruins or a beach bar? I'm not criticizing anyone. I just cant find anything else here to do and was wondering if anyone has done anything differently. I'm in port in January from 8a to 5.

18 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I've been reading about costa maya and what I can gather is either you use native choice for a tour to the ruins or you try to figure out which beach bar to sit at all day. Is there any good snorkeling tours or reefs around? Does anyone do anything different then the ruins or a beach bar? I'm not criticizing anyone. I just cant find anything else here to do and was wondering if anyone has done anything differently. I'm in port in January from 8a to 5.

These are the most popular but there are segway, snorkel tours, fishing, Baclar Lagoon - you just have to search, maybe try TripAdvisor?

Offshore snorkeling is a great option. Gets you away from the seagrass along the malecon. The dive operators along the malecon will most likely have snorkeling excursions.  Doctor Dive and  Nomad Divers are two good PADI operators.  Mahahual Dive Centre has a good rep too.  You can google these for information.  Shoreexcursioner offers a snorkeling excursion but I don't know who they use.  There is usually a ship sponsored shore snorkeling excursion to Uvero Beach which is north of the cruise port and offers somewhat better snorkeling than the beach along the malecon as it's nearer the Sian Ka'an biosphere preserve.

• 3 weeks later...