Vow Renewal on Motu Mahana

TheDee

My husband and I are on the August 14, 2019 cruise, ( please join us on the Roll Call if you will be sailing with us.)  We will be celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary and have booked the Vow Renewal Ceremony on Motu Mahana.  Does anyone know what time of day these ceremonies take place?  We still would like to enjoy the motu activities, but would like to have time to get back to the ship to dress in our "wedding attire".  On our actual anniversary, we will be in Bora Bora.  We couldn't have found a more perfect setting for this milestone.  This will be our fourth time on the PG, ( we were on the last Reunion Cruise), and our seventh time to FP. 

Thanks.  Linda

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I will post after our "ceremony".  Three cruises ago, we did the Anniversary Celebration on the ship.  It was fun and a great photo opportunity.  For our 50th, we thought that weather permitting, the Motu Ceremony would be a great idea.

We are also just looking forward to getting back on the PG.  When you get the FP "flu", the only way to get rid of it is to go back. :-)  I think that you will love your cruise.

Linda

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, magroo said:

We recently booked our first PG cruise for our 30th. Love the idea of a vow renewal. Thanks for the heads up on this. I think I'm going to try to book this for our July sailing.

We have booked the Motu Mañana Vow Renewal for our 40th Anniversary on the July 10th PG cruise.  Which cruise in July are you on?  I wanted to let you know that they only let 2 couples celebrate the vow renewal on the Motu.  We were the 2nd one for our cruise.  

Hope you are on the July 10th cruise!

Oleta

Success! We booked the Vow Renewal!!

The PG rep I spoke with also mentioned that there is a special dining opportunity. It's dinner for 2 on the marina on the back of the ship. Only 1 per sailing. Our sailing's booking was already taken. Just an FYI in case you hadn't heard about it. I'm new to PG, so forgive me if this is old news.

:classic_biggrin:

Magroo,

Happy 30th Anniversary!  The PG is such a wonderful way to celebrate any special milestone.  We have booked that dinner for two on the dive platform.  It will be on our actual 50th Anniversary, so if the weather cooperates, it will be a lovely memory.

We love the PG and FP.  It's hard not to be "blown away" by the natural beauty that surrounds you. 

Linda :-)

• Thanks 1

Magroo, I just realized you are sailing in July 2020.  I want to wish you both a very happy 30th Anniversary.  Enjoy your planning time!  It gets more and more exciting each time you learn something new.  We have about 5.5 months to go.  Can't wait!  This will be our first trip to FP also!  So glad you also got the Vow Renewal!  It will be an incredible memory, I'm sure!

Oleta

On 1/21/2019 at 6:39 PM, fount said:

Magroo, I just realized you are sailing in July 2020.  I want to wish you both a very happy 30th Anniversary.  Enjoy your planning time!  It gets more and more exciting each time you learn something new.  We have about 5.5 months to go.  Can't wait!  This will be our first trip to FP also!  So glad you also got the Vow Renewal!  It will be an incredible memory, I'm sure!

Oleta

We're sailing 2019. It's the new Society Islands & Tahiti Iti itinerary. 186 days to go!

On 1/21/2019 at 9:39 PM, fount said:

Oleta

My wife and I are the ones sailing in July 2020 (4th of July embarkation date). We also want to book the Moto Mahana Vow Renewal. Sounds like great fun!

• 1 month later...

Since we are scheduled for the Motu Mahana Vow Renewal, would we even have time for an excursion?  I've read that snorkeling there is amazing.  Needless to say, we don't want to miss the BBQ!  

Thank you for your advice!

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:46 PM, fount said:

Since we are scheduled for the Motu Mahana Vow Renewal, would we even have time for an excursion?  I've read that snorkeling there is amazing.  Needless to say, we don't want to miss the BBQ!  

Thank you for your advice!

The snorkeling is great on the drift snorkel excursion which returns around noon and drops you off at the motu. Discuss your situation with the Captain or who will be performing the renewal, I would bet that they can do it in the afternoon  …. But …. you will need to take the tender back to the ship to change 😉

Congrats. We did our 40th vow renewal in June, 2015, and it was wonderful.

I'd urge anyone considering it to book early.

I wouldn't suggest going back to the ship to change, since time on the motu is short, and there are other things to do there.  The captain and cruise director were in Bermuda shorts, aloha shirts and flip-flops, so they don't stand on ceremony much. The heart of the event is wrapping the couple in a huge Tahitian blanket, a Tahiti tradition.  It was all quite wonderful.  We had a small bridal party we assembled from people we had met on board, and they had great fun, too.

Highly recommended.

Radio -- I've considered requesting a motu vow renewal as well but they still offer an abbreviated version... tahitian blanket burrito wrap... on board for free, right? I'm sure the moto renewal ceremony would be fun. Just trying to justify the ~$315 cost.

Honeymooners and anniversary celebration still offered; usually in Bora Bora about an hour before sundown on (I think) the first night. Tell your travel agent or pg directly that you’d like to attend and you’ll receive an invite. You don’t need one to attend but not sure they publish it anymore in the daily schedule...and no, your anniversary needn’t fail on the cruise week. We usual hand our camera to another participant in case we’re not crazy about the one taken by the ships photographer ..... champagne, cake and a photo wrapped up in the blanket wearing flower crowns and flanked by gauguines with the Mt. in the background. It’s a nice souvenir.

• 3 months later...

We were scheduled to renew on Motu Mahana, but the weather was looking like it might not cooperate with us. They decided it would be better if we waited until we got to Bora Bora, and we would be on the private beach there.  

The weather ended up fine both days, but I'm actually glad that it was pushed back, as I feel the beach at Bora Bora is prettier. 

The ceremony was beautifully done.  You'll be able to give input on the vows--I want to think there were two or three basic structures to choose from, and you could add a sentence or take one out if you preferred.  There was a ukelele player, the Captain and another officer, and a Champagne toast at the end.  This was the highlight of our trip.  Keep in mind when choosing your attire that these are wet landings.  I'd also bring a towel from your room to put down on the boat before you sit--the benches were pretty dirty and I was in a white linen dress.  Fortunately one of the crew managed to find a clean towel.  

PS--I think our ceremony was done early afternoon, but I'm not positive.  If you really want to know I'll pull out the paper work from it.

Edited by ducklite

On 3/17/2019 at 3:09 PM, Hutchinj said:

Radio -- I've considered requesting a motu vow renewal as well but they still offer an abbreviated version... tahitian blanket burrito wrap... on board for free, right? I'm sure the moto renewal ceremony would be fun. Just trying to justify the ~$315 cost.

We also did this--it's a group ceremony, there must have been 30+ couples when we were on the PG.  I probably wouldn't bother doing it again.  If there had been a handful of couples it would have been nice, but it took a long time to get through everyone, and before it was even our turn, we were over it.

We had our 30 th on the bridge at 3 pm. My cousin’s 40 th was also on the bridge at 3 pm.

You can decide the location and the time. Just discuss this with the cruise director.

We intend having our 40th on the PG. not sure where...MM? BB Motu? Thalasso? On the Marina in BB? On board a tender?

Whatever you wish PG will try their best to accommodate you.

$315 is a steal.

We paid $500.

• 1 month later...

Linda (TheDee) -- Anxious to hear about your latest voyage on the PG and especially your vow renewal experience on Motu Mahana. Be sure to fill us in upon your return!

Also, does anyone know if there is somewhere on the Motu to change from our vow renewal regalia to swimsuit attire?