Elite cocktail hours extended...permanent change

ghstudio

On 10/29/2018 at 9:28 AM, jelayne said:

We are E+ only went to the Elite cocktail hour once and have never used a coupon,  the reasons were the same that many complained about: 

- most days hours to early for us as we are later diners and don’t want cocktail at 5 or 6

- cocktails had to be consumed in the Lounge, so not able to go just before 7 and grab a glass of wine to take to dinner, or grab a drink to take to the cabin and enjoy on the balcony 

-had to be properly dressed to go to the Lounge.

IMHO extending the hours and allowing coupons to be used in almost all venues is an improvement to the Elite/E+  benefits.

We will have our first cruise as elite coming up. Can we use the coupons at the Martini bar?

11 minutes ago, Pilgrim70 said:

We will have our first cruise as elite coming up. Can we use the coupons at the Martini bar?

When you get on board you will have a letter in your stateroom that will tell you where you can use your seapass coupons.  Most likely, not the Martini Bar.

On 11/29/2018 at 7:08 AM, 4774Papa said:

Perhaps it was a bit sanctimonious, but my doctor advises me that I should drink no more than two alcoholic drinks a day.  I stick to that pretty well when at  home (sometimes don't drink alcohol for several days).  However, while on a cruise, I do drink more, probably about 4 glasses of wine on average.  It is a personal choice.

Than that’s what you need to do. And others should do as they wish to do. That’s what a vacation is about, just as you try 4 drinks (or maybe more!!) and enjoy. Drinks can be part of our enjoyment, as can so many other things, that don’t include drinking. 

Den

We have always had a drink package when sailing on Celebrity, but will soon be Elite so need to figure out if the drink package is still worth it to us.  A couple of questions:

- when we have wine at dinner they just keep refilling our glasses - don't wait for it to be empty.  How do they determine how many coupons this is worth?

- can you choose which drinks go against your coupons vs which you pay for, or is it the first 3 drinks you order each day that use up your coupons?  Trying to figure out if you can be strategic and use the coupons for a more expensive drink vs a beer for example.

- is there a list somewhere of what drink are covered by the coupons?

TIA 🙂

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 3:53 PM, DUTRAVEL said:

The drinks they serve in the bars (at least the Cosmos at the Martini Bar and the glasses of wine) are smaller than the non-Captain's Club drinks.

I was on Infinity last week and that was not my experience at all.  I ordered drinks at the HH in the Constellation Lounge as well as at bars around the ship.

While some consider the three-drink limit to be a cutback of the Elite benefit, I consider the ability to order drinks in most bars on the ship to be an enhancement of the benefit.  Between having the ability to have unlimited Mimosas, Bloody Mary's or champagne for two-hours in the morning at the Elite breakfast, and then three more drinks at any bar or lounge between 5-7pm in the afternoon/early evening, I think Celebrity goes above and beyond when it comes to providing enhanced benefits to their Elite members.

4 hours ago, bebe08 said:

We have always had a drink package when sailing on Celebrity, but will soon be Elite so need to figure out if the drink package is still worth it to us.  A couple of questions:

- when we have wine at dinner they just keep refilling our glasses - don't wait for it to be empty.  How do they determine how many coupons this is worth? 

- can you choose which drinks go against your coupons vs which you pay for, or is it the first 3 drinks you order each day that use up your coupons?  Trying to figure out if you can be strategic and use the coupons for a more expensive drink vs a beer for example.

TIA 🙂

We get the BP when it's offered as a perk (so to speak) and still do the CC HH gatherings in the lounge. We like the BP as it's good for anytime of day, everyday and a larger selection of drinks. Not just alcohol.

Using your Seapass card with the three CC drinks loaded, every time you order a drink and your glass is refilled your Seapass card is taken and swiped. The three drinks on your Seapass card can only be used in the evening during the CC HH which is from 5 PM to 7 PM in the lounge or at most other bars and MDR. I've seen a few recent post saying the Seapass card drinks were not excepted in the MDR (?). We did not experience that on our last Infinity cruise in September. The CC drinks are listed on a drink menu in the lounge and at the bars. There is no CC HH on the first evening or during the Senior Officers Party later on in the cruise. You will receive in your stateroom a list of all your Elite benefits, and times and places for the events. 

Edited by davekathy

4 hours ago, bebe08 said:

TIA 🙂

Celebrity, unlike RCI doesn't allow you to use HH coupons at dinner.

Not sure about buying drinks during happy hour.

There is a list for happy hour.  I usually drink wine, but I know a martini is on the list as well as scotch.

10 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

Celebrity, unlike RCI doesn't allow you to use HH coupons at dinner.

Not sure about buying drinks during happy hour.

There is a list for happy hour.  I usually drink wine, but I know a martini is on the list as well as scotch.

Unless I'm reading this incorrectly, Celebrity is allowing you to use the CC drinks on your Seapass card in the MDR. 

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Unless I'm reading this incorrectly, Celebrity is allowing you to use the CC drinks on your Seapass card in the MDR. 

You are correct.  At least the Captain's Club handout distributed on the Summit clearly stated

"Electronic Drink vouchers can be used at all bars and restaurants"

I hope that other passengers posting here can verify whether or not this policy is consistent across the fleet.

10 minutes ago, fleckle said:

You are correct.  At least the Captain's Club handout distributed on the Summit clearly stated

"Electronic Drink vouchers can be used at all bars and restaurants"

I hope that other passengers posting here can verify whether or not this policy is consistent across the fleet.

The CC three drinks on our Seapass cards were accepted in the MDR on our September 2018  Infinity cruise. Not allowed to use them for the mini bar and/or room service.  We didn't use them in the MDR as we had the BP.  

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

That is a change in policy.   Our last Celebrity cruise was on the Eclipse transatlantic October-November 2017 from Southampton to Miami and that was not the policy.

1 hour ago, 4774Papa said:

That is a change in policy.   Our last Celebrity cruise was on the Eclipse transatlantic October-November 2017 from Southampton to Miami and that was not the policy.

I think the policy has changed since 2017.  Seapass cards were accepted in Blu last month, Silhouette TA.

3 hours ago, TeaBag said:

I think the policy has changed since 2017.  Seapass cards were accepted in Blu last month, Silhouette TA.

This discussion seems to going in circles. Some recent cruisers report that the 3 CC complimentary drinks can be accessed in the dining rooms, but others report they have not been able to order the complimentary drinks in dining rooms. We'll be cruising on the Eclipse next week.  Was anyone who recently cruised on the Eclipse able to use their free CC drink coupons or  the seapass credits in the MDR? 

4 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

Yep. We experienced the new changes on our September 2018 Infinity cruise. The changes were not yet  implemented on our March/April 2018 Equinox cruise. But the CC hostess advised us at that time Celebrity was going to roll out some new changes later in the year but could/would not give us any details at that time. 

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, kathynorth said:

This discussion seems to going in circles. Some recent cruisers report that the 3 CC complimentary drinks can be accessed in the dining rooms, but others report they have not been able to order the complimentary drinks in dining rooms. We'll be cruising on the Eclipse next week.  Was anyone who recently cruised on the Eclipse able to use their free CC drink coupons or  the seapass credits in the MDR? 

Could be like RC. Consistently inconsistent. 

• 3 months later...

I just called the Captain's Club and asked if the drink vouchers were available during the HH in Luminea on the Summit since we're considering a good deal on a SS with the Resident Rate instead of our usual Go Best. I was advised after several supervisor confirmations that the HH is from 5-7 with a new expanded unlimited drinks menu that is NOT available in any restaurants and certain bars. She further advised that this new policy is not on the web.

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:47 AM, leaveitallbehind said:

My only point is only that the change with unlimited v three coupons is a change in a loyalty benefit which results in it being a lesser benefit.

We are all different but I see it as the opposite - a BETTER benefit because you are not limited to one venue.  I am not going to down more than three drinks in that time period anyway. 

We are all different but I see it as the opposite - a BETTER benefit because you are not limited to one venue.  I am not going to down more than three drinks in that time period anyway. 

Since the post you replied to the Elite Benefits were upgraded. Drinks are unlimited at most bars and lounges between 5-7. Not limited to three. Not extended hours.

I just called the Captain's Club and asked if the drink vouchers were available during the HH in Luminea on the Summit since we're considering a good deal on a SS with the Resident Rate instead of our usual Go Best. I was advised after several supervisor confirmations that the HH is from 5-7 with a new expanded unlimited drinks menu that is NOT available in any restaurants and certain bars. She further advised that this new policy is not on the web.

I received an email with that new policy going into effect in February. It does not mention restaurants, only lounges and bars having unlimited drinks between 5-7 so I would assume that means not in restaurants. Unless people on recent sailings report otherwise it is probably correct what they you when you called.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

I received an email with that new policy going into effect in February. It does not mention restaurants, only lounges and bars having unlimited drinks between 5-7 so I would assume that means not in restaurants. Unless people on recent sailings report otherwise it is probably correct what they you when you called.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Elite drinks were not available in any restaurant including MDR on Reflection in January. This was quite clearly stated on the welcome letter. 

Dear me- more than three drinks and I would not be able to find the Dining room- let alone my cabin...! The drinks where considerable smaler then the regular ones one has to pay for!

A good thing that the drinks can be taken in different bars- or lounges- but I am sure will go up to the beautyfull Sky Lounge anway- since I love that  lounge!

• Like 1