Cruise Critic Community
colesc15

Looking to do something different

Hi all. We've been to st Thomas a number of times. We'll be there again in March on symphony and looking to do something different. We've been to Megan's bay many times. We've also done a city tour. What else could we do? We like to be adventurous as we're still young! Thoughts? 

Edited by colesc15

Have you been to St John? Have you been to Water Island? Have you been to Hassel Island? Have you rented a kayak? Have you been horseback riding? Have you tried the zip line?

We have booked an excursion through Carnival, for a kayak, hike and snorkel trip.  It looks like fun and something different.....to us anyway.

Taxi to Red Hook.  Ferry to Cruz Bay, St. John.  Then you have decisions to make.  

If you want solitude, hike from the Cruz Bay ferry dock to Solomon Beach (1.25 miles one way).  Prior to Irma/Maria, Solomon Beach was my #1 favorite place in the world.  Hope to be back to see it next year.  I know it won't be the same (my two palm trees for my hammock are gone), but in recent pictures it is healing quickly.

If you don't mind crowds, taxi from Cruz Bay to either Trunk Bay, Hawksnest, or Cinnamon.  My personal favorite of the three is Hawksnest.

Beach for a few hours, then walk/taxi back to Cruz Bay for some food and a frozen painkiller at Longboard, or get some really good Asian food at 420 to Center (it's a hidden gem in Cruz Bay). Then ferry back to Red Hook.  Taxi to the ship.