Cruise Critic Community
Kween Karen

Swimming with Dolphins....Caribbean Ports

I will be in both the Eastern and Western Caribbean in the fall of 2019.  There are many dolphin excursions offered.  I don't want to just be in a small murky pool if possible.  I want the best most natural experience.  Does anyone have experience or recommendations???

We went in St Kitts.  It was amazing.  We ordered direct with the company and it was over 50% less than what they were charging on RCCL

4 hours ago, Kween Karen said:

I will be in both the Eastern and Western Caribbean in the fall of 2019.  There are many dolphin excursions offered.  I don't want to just be in a small murky pool if possible.  I want the best most natural experience.  Does anyone have experience or recommendations???

We did the Royal Dolphin Swim at Chankanaab Park in Cozumel.   Truly enjoyed it.  It was a 2 dolphin experience, in the ocean, not a pool.  

If if one of your stops is in Cozumel check it out.

I think that is one of the options.  I will check it out....that you.  What do you mean by "2 dolphin experience".  Did they take pictures and how expensive were they?

Another I have read about is Anthony's Key in Roatan......it looks good but I like to find opinions from those who have done it.

16 minutes ago, Kween Karen said:

I think that is one of the options.  I will check it out....that you.  What do you mean by "2 dolphin experience".  Did they take pictures and how expensive were they?

Another I have read about is Anthony's Key in Roatan......it looks good but I like to find opinions from those who have done it.

When you are out in the water you “swim” with 2 dolphins.   Really it’s more like they push/pull you around the water than actually swim, but it was really fun.   For example, you float with arms stretched out, palms facing back and a dolphin swims up on each side of you, their fins meet up with your hands and they take you for a ride.

They do take pictures, we had a water camera and got some amazing photos so we did not purchase them.  I do remember thinking that they were expensive but I’m sorry cannot recall the actual cost.

This year we did the dolphin swim, push and pull in St. Kitts. It was a great experience but I have nothing to compare it to since this was our first time swimming with dolphins. You are not allowed to take your own pictures and the pictures they take are expensive in my opinion.

We did it in Nassau.  It was fun, but quite expensive, and the photos you just have to buy almost double the price.

Did anyone get a "With Memories" package that includes a photo and memory stick?  Is it a more economical way to purchase photos, or do they still find a way to make you buy them?

We did it at Anthony's Key in Roatan and it was amazing.  You have an interaction and then snorkel with them.

We did this in Grand Caymen and I did not enjoy it. There was no "swimming with dolphins". It was taking turns from a group of 12 to swim out to the middle of the water and pose, then the dolphin swam up to complete the pose so they could take a picture. Really just a photo shoot with overprice photos.