Cruise Critic Community
pinkie60

The Rock Restaurant is

Has anyone eatened at the Rock Grill on the Classica. I want to know if the food there is worth the upcharge.

I am going to answer my own question. Yes the Rock Grill is definitely worth the money. I loved it.

21 hours ago, pinkie60 said:

I am going to answer my own question. Yes the Rock Grill is definitely worth the money. I loved it.

Will you be more specific as to why you enjoyed the Restaurant?  What items on the menu would you recommend?  Thank you.

Yes, since the Rock Grill has been suggested, but is to pay there, what is good about it????  In other words, what is so good that they offer?

So going to the Rock Restaurant is similar to going to Tapenyaki on the NCL ship. They put a hot stone in front of you and proceed to cook whatever you order from the menu. The waiter does a performance while cooking your food. The items are like a stir fry type of food that include lobster, shrimp, shicken, filet mignon or pork. It’s pricey but a lot of fun. It’s done in a small section of the ship and secluded and intimate   I had my adult granddaughters with me and they loved it.

Pinkie60, good to know ahead of time what the Rock Cafe is all about.

16 hours ago, RaftingJeremy said:

What do you call pricey?  Like what are the prices? 

I’m sorry that I called it the Rock Restaurant. It’s called the Rock Grill. It is not complementary so there is an upcharge of, I believe, it was $30 per person plus an additional charge if you choose lobster. The lobster was an additional $18. It might not sound pricy to you and it wasn’t pricy for me but considering most people that sail on this ship it might expensive to them. 

I don’t think that’s pricey if the food is worth it.  Reading these boards to try and get an idea of what to expect from this deal. 

8 hours ago, RaftingJeremy said:

I don’t think that’s pricey if the food is worth it.  Reading these boards to try and get an idea of what to expect from this deal. 

Believe me the food was worth it and the presentation was entertaining. It was an experience not just a dinner. I’d do it again.

3 hours ago, pinkie60 said:

Believe me the food was worth it and the presentation was entertaining. It was an experience not just a dinner. I’d do it again.

Guess we could watch and see how it is. Problem being. We prefer the Grand Celebration. Wish the slots were a bit looser. Just us. The Grand Classica is a very beautiful ship though.