Lobster Night Question

sh2738

3 hours ago, wytygr8 said:

The big deal is that lots of people never order lobster at a restaurant due to the price.

Agree. We're fortunate to live near the coast in Rhode Island so we buy them off the boats and cook them ourselves. Is there a big difference? Yes, usually in the size of the tails and flavor plus add the claw meat. The ship's lobsters are still pretty tasty and I'll still order them on a cruise.

Edited by Big_G

We are on the second leg of a B2B on the Allure. We eat in the Coastal Kitchen. There were no lobster tails served last week that I could see. I don’t eat lobster but my wife does. The lobster was served in chunks, I’m assuming they de-tailed them in the kitchen rather table side. my wife ordered two and the waiter didn’t blink an eye. He even stopped by and asked if she wanted another one. We’ll see what happens tomorrow night.

Prime Rib wasn’t on the menu any night not just Lobster night. I asked the matre de

(excuse my spelling) about it and was told, if it’s on the dining room menu they would get it for me. I’ll just have to suffer through Filet mignon, rib-eye, or NY strip.

6 hours ago, wytygr8 said:

The big deal is that lots of people never order lobster at a restaurant due to the price.

They sell tiny lobster at the super market also.  Same thing as on the ship.  Not to mention, the restaurants, when you order Lobster, is usually not the same as you see on the ship, where you need a magnify glass to see.

On 10/31/2018 at 11:01 AM, orville99 said:

If you are on a ship with a solarium bistro, they also serve lobster tails there on the second formal night.

On 10/31/2018 at 11:01 AM, orville99 said:

If you are on a ship with a solarium bistro, they also serve lobster tails there on the second formal night.

As a Buffett or you need to order them with your waiter? 

We live in New England and do the whole Maine lobsters often. We still enjoy the lobster tails on RCL and always make sure to do the MDR on lobster (tail) night. The diamond lounge always has the menus to check.

Earlier this month on Serenade our waiter pushed back a little when we wanted two each. He said he would wait until others had a chance to get them first and then maybe he would bring us seconds.  He did eventually bring seconds.

3 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

We are on the second leg of a B2B on the Allure. We eat in the Coastal Kitchen. There were no lobster tails served last week that I could see. I don’t eat lobster but my wife does. The lobster was served in chunks, I’m assuming they de-tailed them in the kitchen rather table side. my wife ordered two and the waiter didn’t blink an eye. He even stopped by and asked if she wanted another one. We’ll see what happens tomorrow night.

Prime Rib wasn’t on the menu any night not just Lobster night. I asked the matre de

(excuse my spelling) about it and was told, if it’s on the dining room menu they would get it for me. I’ll just have to suffer through Filet mignon, rib-eye, or NY strip.

We were on the Allure last week. Lobster tails were served in CK on the second formal night. They were very good. They were in the shell not cut up

Edited by molly361

The point was, which obviously sailed over your head, is that "common names" vary from place to place.

That is why professional use scientific names, to make sure what they are talking about the same plant or animal.

Longustina in one country is not the same thing in another country.

And if you haven't noticed, Royal DOES sail to/from a number of non-US countries.