Cruise Critic - Thanks for the updated Board

Duanerice1

It's taken a bit of time but I really like the new board.  Lot's of cool little features that make surfing around that much easier.  The only issue for me is our roll call disappeared and never came back (we were on our cruise when the switch took place).

But overall I like the look, the features and the ease of navigation.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I agree. Taking a bit to use the functions. At first I missed the ability to set the most recent post first at the top as a default for within threads but now click on the last post date to the right and go there. 

Learning more about other options and adding photos or attachments is much easier. Was a pain on the old one. 

Den

• Like 1

I also like the new format.  I am using an IPad.  I just open the thread by clicking on the dot or star that is left of the thread title and it takes me to the last read posting.

i have yet to discover how to search with a thread or sub topic, but I will figure it out someday.  Does anyone have a suggestion.

the bottom line is that IMO the new format is an improvement when using an IPad.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zoedokey said:

I can't use the app on my ipad anymore.  It doesn't allow a log in and I get an error message, so I am not on these boards as often as before.  I have deleted and reinstalled the app a couple of times, but still doesn't work.

Unfortunately the App has been discontinued and the new software is smart phone / Ipad compatible.   You can access using you Ipad browser.   It takes a little getting used to but I have learned to love it. 

The App was hosted by Tapatalk which is a Chinese company and they "own" and host all the pictures that were posted using the app.   The new software now allows CruiseCritic to host their own photos and will eliminate the problems like when PhotoBucket dumped free hosting and broke the connection to all photos they hosted.