Port Pool Cost

cruisefan0110

I have been reading about the pool in the Costa Maya port and am getting some conflicting information as to cost.  Is there a charge to use the pool?   I understand there is something called a Port Pass for about $39 that includes other activities in the port.  Does anyone have any information on either of these.  

2 hours ago, cruisefan0110 said:

I have been reading about the pool in the Costa Maya port and am getting some conflicting information as to cost.  Is there a charge to use the pool?   I understand there is something called a Port Pass for about $39 that includes other activities in the port.  Does anyone have any information on either of these.  

As far as i know the pool is free but haven’t used and I cannot confirm.

This link may help with pass

https://costamaya.com/4-experiences-included-in-the-port-pass/

and reviews on TA

Was there today on our way back from the beach.  We put our bags down on lounge chairs and a waiter walked up.  We told him we didn’t need anything and we’re just going to use the pool.  He asked that,if we decided to order something to please order it from him instead of walking over to the bar as he was working that area.  We spent about 30 or 40 minutes in the pool and left.  No one ever asked us for money and I’m pretty sure if there was a cost he would have informed us when we got there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lifes-a-beach said:

Was there today on our way back from the beach.  We put our bags down on lounge chairs and a waiter walked up.  We told him we didn’t need anything and we’re just going to use the pool.  He asked that,if we decided to order something to please order it from him instead of walking over to the bar as he was working that area.  We spent about 30 or 40 minutes in the pool and left.  No one ever asked us for money and I’m pretty sure if there was a cost he would have informed us when we got there.

Good to know! We are going with children in the near future and will probably spend some time at the pool. 

Were there different depths, was it clean and how was the temperature? Normally we just go to the beach but if the seaweed is bad they may want to spend dome time at the pool.

On 11/1/2018 at 9:30 PM, lifes-a-beach said:

Yes the pool has several tiers from inches to maybe 4 foot.  It was fairly clean given it was at the end of the day.  My wife got in and she is pretty sensitive to such things where I am not.  5he temperature was cool but not cold. 

17 minutes ago, Tapi said:

It looked murky when we were there last November. Too many people in the pool. We took a quick look and left. Grossed us out.

Thanks! I guess we’ll decide on the day. Probably end of the day after the beach is not the best time!

Edited by c-leg5

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2018 at 11:36 PM, Tapi said:

It looked murky when we were there last November. Too many people in the pool. We took a quick look and left. Grossed us out.

Right!?  I don't trust their sanitation.  I also don't see the point of getting off the ship to sit in the port area and use the pool.  If you want a pool, the ships option is almost certainly less crowded and better.  Especially since food is included and drinks if you have a package.  I don't understand why people get off and use the Costa Maya pool at all.

2 hours ago, BNBR said:

Right!?  I don't trust their sanitation.  I also don't see the point of getting off the ship to sit in the port area and use the pool.  If you want a pool, the ships option is almost certainly less crowded and better.  Especially since food is included and drinks if you have a package.  I don't understand why people get off and use the Costa Maya pool at all.

To each their own, it’s a choice. 

FWIW in 20 years of sailing I have maybe used a ship pool once and the hot tubs, zero.

I haven’t used the pool at Costa Maya either,  but I am not saying I wouldn’t. I have used many resort pools. You take your chances whenever you use a public facility.