Celebrity Apex's Blocks Are In The House!

Tall-Cruiser

8 hours ago, taznremmy said:

But someone will have already slept in "my" bed and used the facilities.  

As pretty likely there will be at least one pre inaugural for travel agents, media and other invited guests someone definitely will have slept in your bed 😉

steamboats

1 hour ago, steamboats said:

As pretty likely there will be at least one pre inaugural for travel agents, media and other invited guests someone definitely will have slept in your bed 😉

steamboats

LOL ..... I didn't think of that.

• 4 weeks later...

An interesting aerial view of the Apex. I tried to see if the RTG and MC had additional wind screens, but both are covered. 🙁  The aft is getting a more finished look - can't wait to be there!

Does the Sunset Bar look a little wider? I know the starboard side of the Sunset Bar is wider,  but almost looks a little wider (likely just looks that way due to not having furniture in place). No offense to the smokers here, but I do hope they change the smoking to the port side of the Sunset Bar. There is more space on the starboard side and less people were sitting there, likely because it was the smoking side and there didn't seem to be as many smokers as non-smokers. Maybe it is different for different itineraries, but that was how it was on our cruises.

Edited by vtcruising

I have just about given up on getting inside reveals. Hoping Eden is different or that they at least forgot the incense thing so my wife can enjoy the area. Just have seen lots of exterior pictures on Instagram. 

9 hours ago, cgolf1 said:

I have just about given up on getting inside reveals. Hoping Eden is different or that they at least forgot the incense thing so my wife can enjoy the area. Just have seen lots of exterior pictures on Instagram. 

Hi cgolf1:

I haven't heard about incense being used lately. They have cut the Revelation at Eden show to 4 times a week for about 45 minutes (around 10:15). The other nights on a recent cruise they had live music at 5:00 and again at 11:15. The nights there wasn't the Revelation they had Live Lounge and Eden Unplugged with Dos Duo and  other performers. The 11:15 music looked varied - something for everyone: Unplugged Adele, Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, Best of the 90's, Rat Pack, Rock and Roll, House of Pop, Best of James Taylor, Dance Anthems and Latin Hits.

The Edge Eden changes sound good to me. It allows everyone to see the Eden show, but it isn't so long and drawn out and having other live music (and dancing) there at night will work well for us as a choice. I'm guessing there could be some changes to Eden on the Apex, but they may just keep it the same. They still haven't listed Eden Restaurant as a choice on my Apex Inaugural Cruise Planner (all others are there), but that may not mean anything. It makes sense to me to do a different type of theme for Eden on the Apex to distinguish them and maintain sales for each ship. They could leave the garden theme, but do a different show (or maybe just use it as a lounge without an Edenist-like show). I hope they have more choices on the dinner menu in the restaurant and have some cooking demos there and a wine and food pairing dinner.

They will likely reveal any changes to Eden and Eden Restaurant soon, if there are any, if they want us to pre-book the restaurant (only 7 months until she sails). Either they are still trying to finalize everything or they are trying to drive us crazy. 😉

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

Posted by Vt cruiser: 

Hi cgolf1:

I haven't heard about incense being used lately. They have cut the Revelation at Eden show to 4 times a week for about 45 minutes (around 10:15). The other nights on a recent cruise they had live music at 5:00 and again at 11:15. The nights there wasn't the Revelation they had Live Lounge and Eden Unplugged with Dos Duo and  other performers. The 11:15 music looked varied - something for everyone: Unplugged Adele, Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, Best of the 90's, Rat Pack, Rock and Roll, House of Pop, Best of James Taylor, Dance Anthems and Latin....

So music starts at 11:15  in EDEN. How long are the sets.  May have to pack earplugs.

Not great news for us  if we can  hear any of the  music, bass or vibrations  right above in   SV  cabins in 7, or through outdoor  speakers.  Even mellow music has  bass...Bruno Mars and others listed are  not mellow acoustic  guitar music.     11:15 is  when we are winding down  our day in our cabin, as we are early risers. Amplified music should be in the CLUB at that hour, but folks nearby there have complained . 

hoping the EDEN  rampway will absorb sound,   but have to wait til Nov to see what's up. Will def let everyone know 

4 minutes ago, hcat said:

Posted by Vt cruiser: 

Hi cgolf1:

I haven't heard about incense being used lately. They have cut the Revelation at Eden show to 4 times a week for about 45 minutes (around 10:15). The other nights on a recent cruise they had live music at 5:00 and again at 11:15. The nights there wasn't the Revelation they had Live Lounge and Eden Unplugged with Dos Duo and  other performers. The 11:15 music looked varied - something for everyone: Unplugged Adele, Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, Best of the 90's, Rat Pack, Rock and Roll, House of Pop, Best of James Taylor, Dance Anthems and Latin....

So music starts at 11:15  in EDEN. How long are the sets.  May have to pack earplugs.

Not great news for us  if we can  hear any of the  music, bass or vibrations  right above in   SV  cabins in 7, or through outdoor  speakers.  Even mellow music has  bass...Bruno Mars and others listed are  not mellow acoustic  guitar music.     11:15 is  when we are winding down  our day in our cabin, as we are early risers. Amplified music should be in the CLUB at that hour, but folks nearby there have complained . 

hoping the EDEN  rampway will absorb sound,   but have to wait til Nov to see what's up. Will def let everyone know 

Nobody has complained about Eden noise in the aft S1's or SV's yet - think if it were an issue, we would have heard something by now. No one has complained about hearing the speakers in the aft S1's or SV's - they are pretty far from those cabins, with the enclosed area of Eden deck in between, so hopefully not an issue.

In addition to the reviews in the cabin sticky, there have been quite a few in the CC reviews and no one has mentioned Eden noise. I hope it will be nice and peaceful for us back there! 🙂

There is a set at 10:15 - 11:00 -  either Revelation or other musicians and one at 11:15, likely until midnight.

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Nobody has complained about Eden noise in the aft S1's or SV's yet - think if it were an issue, we would have heard something by now. No one has complained about hearing the speakers in the aft S1's or SV's - they are pretty far from those cabins, with the enclosed area of Eden deck in between, so hopefully not an issue.

In addition to the reviews in the cabin sticky, there have been quite a few in the CC reviews and no one has mentioned Eden noise. I hope it will be nice and peaceful for us back there! 🙂

There is a set at 10:15 - 11:00 -  either Revelation or other musicians and one at 11:15, likely until midnight.

Thanks Vt...You  have made me feel better....hope it works out .  When we booked,  it was just the EDEN show. One or two late nights should not be bad.   We' d drop in for the 10: 15 set.  Too bad no direct stairway  or elevator up to deck 7. 

The Club is nice but an interior  space..Most of us predicted EDEN was too big and nice a space to be limited to one format and they had nothing to take the  place  of the Sky lounge. Can step outside and see the stars!

The EDEN  Bar  is our favorite.  Nice for daytime music as well if the sun is not coming in too bright.  Getting excited for Nov...just one quick  trip to Fla in Sept,.then we'll be on  EDGE  countdown!

• Like 1

On 6/5/2019 at 5:48 PM, Texed said:

I believe I know someone that would be very interested.  I will try to contact them.  😊

That person contacted me few months ago saying she is interested about the Aft S1,but I lost her email .if you read this message please write to me again because I may want to release the cabin.

1 hour ago, verizon said:

That person contacted me few months ago saying she is interested about the Aft S1,but I lost her email .if you read this message please write to me again because I may want to release the cabin.

That would be me. 😊

Thanks. I will send you an email right now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

That would be me. 😊

Thanks. I will send you an email right now.

I found her email and contacted her and now she is very happy with that cabin I released.

Are we on the same cruise to Sydney? seeing you going to Hawaii.

I will be flying out on the 22nd. to Hawaii.

Edited by verizon
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, verizon said:

I found her email and contacted her and now she is very happy with that cabin I released.

Are we on the same cruise to Sydney? seeing you going to Hawaii.

I will be flying out on the 22nd. to Hawaii.

Yes, I'm very happy, thanks again. 😊

We're going to Hawaii on Eclipse from Los Angeles this October.

Looks like sea trials will be in January. Not much else out there about the ship. From Sea and Marine:

" Meanwhile, the Celebrity Apex (K34), launched last May, is still buoyant in the Penhoet Basin. Its trials are scheduled for early January for delivery to the US company Celebrity Cruises in March. The K34 is the sistership of the Celebrity Edge (J34), a 306 meter long and 39 meter wide vessel, 129,500 GT gauge and 1467 cabins delivered last October. Three other larger units (327 meters, 140,600 GT) are then planned (L34, M34 and N34)."

Some links to some  pretty shots - you can almost imagine her without the drapes...

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

On 9/7/2019 at 9:42 AM, Joeghartman said:

What a beauty! I’ve been faithful to NCL since 2012, but have been determined to sail Apex next year. It’s time to switch it up. Saving up to book the Mediterranean cruise. 

We are looking at this cruise as well.  Any idea what a realistic budget for this type of cruise would be?  Would include airfare from the US. We  have only cruised Caribbean cruises and want to branch out.  Not sure where to start as far as budgeting.

Just wanted to check in and let my fellow roll callers know we survived Dorian here in Charleston, SC.  Lots of gusty winds and tons of rain and we lost power for 30 hours, but we are up a running again now!! Hope everyone in this hurricane's path in the US is slowly getting up and running.  Prayers and support for the people in the Bahamas!

4 minutes ago, SCGirl3211 said:

We are looking at this cruise as well.  Any idea what a realistic budget for this type of cruise would be?  Would include airfare from the US. We  have only cruised Caribbean cruises and want to branch out.  Not sure where to start as far as budgeting.

Best bet would be to go to the website of Celebrity and do a booking quote for the type of Cabin you would like and work from there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SCGirl3211 said:

I’m not sure either. I’ve never been to Europe. I travel from Philly and just did an Alaskan cruise last month with several days before and after in Seattle. I have a feeling it will cost around the same. I’m thinking $4k total.

3 minutes ago, Joeghartman said:

I’m not sure either. I’ve never been to Europe. I travel from Philly and just did an Alaskan cruise last month with several days before and after in Seattle. I have a feeling it will cost around the same. I’m thinking $4k total.

I think Sauspud had a great idea to do some dummy booking for cruise and flights! We were thinking in the 4k-5k range.  It also depends on how many days pre and post cruise we choose to stay.  Thanks

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, SCGirl3211 said:

I would come up with a max amount you would spend and then look at prices and see what you can get for that amount. You could start by researching this board regarding what type of cabin you want and then price it out on the Celebrity website. We booked the flights through Celebrity - they were about $900 each RT (and Economy Plus one way - working on upgrading return flight) - had to fly from Fort Lauderdale to London after another cruise and then will fly from London to VT after. We will have been cruising > 2 weeks so flying straight home (have stayed in London before). If we hadn't needed to get home, would probably have stopped at Stonehenge (my DH hasn't seen it) and spent a few days in London. Last time we flew into Paris and stayed a few days, took the train to London and stayed a few days and then headed to the port for a British Isles cruise. You can search for flight costs on their website or check airlines.

The cost will all depend on what you might want to do before and after the cruise. I know we wanted to get our money's worth for the flight so stayed a few days before the cruise. The Edge is a wonderful ship and we expect the Apex to be even better. We can't wait! 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

14 minutes ago, SCGirl3211 said:

Just wanted to check in and let my fellow roll callers know we survived Dorian here in Charleston, SC.  Lots of gusty winds and tons of rain and we lost power for 30 hours, but we are up a running again now!! Hope everyone in this hurricane's path in the US is slowly getting up and running.  Prayers and support for the people in the Bahamas!

Glad you are doing well - the US was lucky this time - my heart goes out to the Bahamians.

• Like 2

Saw this Wellness on the Waves ad for the Apex Preview Cruise on 4/1/19. The Preview Cruise apparently is a spa-themed cruise. Celebrity is partnering with Spabreaks.com. I don't think this means that the Spa on the Apex will be an Elysium Collection spa - it was a bit confusing.

https://www.spabreaks.com/venues/celebrity-apex-by-celebrity-cruises?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Edited by vtcruising