MS Nieuw Amsterdam and Zuiderdam in Port Everglades and MS Rotterdam in Tampa

rafinmd

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I'm a bit puzzled by that too.  You would think if it was a genuine emergency she would have stopped somewhere like the Bahamas to discharge the person.  They are apparently on a cruise to nowhere today. 

The patient's condition could have taken a turn for the worse overnight, requiring a stop at the nearest trauma facility ashore. Most helo's performing medevacs, incl. the USCG assets (MH-65 Dolphins) from CGAS Opa-locka (Miami) have to wait for daylight conditions and therefor do not operate at night

1 minute ago, Copper10-8 said:

The patient's condition could have taken a turn for the worse overnight, requiring a stop at the nearest trauma facility ashore. Most helo's performing medevacs, incl. the USCG assets (MH-65 Dolphins) from CGAS Opa-locka (Miami) have to wait for daylight conditions and therefor do not operate at night

Yesterday about 2:30 when I tried to post the sail-away thread, Reflection was already on the port schedule for 11 am today.

Somebody wants to leave early.

There has been discussion on the Celebrity Board about the need for Celebrity Reflection needing to arrive for a medical disembark.  There were two guests who needed to be disembarked, but apparently it was not life-and-death issues.  The ship then was going back to sea to finish their scheduled sailing by doing a "Cruise to Nowhere" program and return to Port Everglades as planned.  Reportedly, the Captain told the guests that the increase in speed from 20 to 22 knots would cost Celebrity $250,000.  

15 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I wonder if CG Spencer will be docked for a while or is just taking a break.

Roy

She's been there in the past (2x in 2017) to off-load ceased dope (heroin & coke) an oldie (1986) but a goodie! 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Quick pop quiz; from what organisation, eh, did Carnival draw their inspiration for their logo?

Image result for Carnival Cruise Line logo

Either I'm getting dumber or your pop quizzes are getting harder.

Roy