YC Drink Package Changes?

marcoigna

On 12/17/2018 at 5:43 PM, Beamafar said:

Up 'til now, what we've loved about YC was the "ship within a ship" concept - with access to all the amenities that a big ship offers.  For us, the idea of a smaller, luxury-focussed experience doesn't appeal.

I think their main goal, is to go after crystal, as other companies such as Virgin, Four Seasons & Ritz Carlton; are now getting into the luxury cruise & air charter game.

Edited by gkbiiii

On 12/19/2018 at 8:19 AM, kevinrobedm said:

In our case on the Seaview, the meals in the YC were very strange on our transatlantic. One Gala night it was 3 shrimp tomato sauce with plain white rice and french fries.  I didn't get how that was Gala.

The food in the main dining room was larger portions and in our case was just as good as what we got in the YC.  Most of the times the menu item ingredients were the same in the dining room as in the YC.  In the YC they tried to make them fancy, sometimes a win, sometimes a loss.  We are not really into the fancy small portions that look good on the plate.  I would rather have less fluff and show for a meal that actually tastes good and has some substance to it.

Again this was just our experience on the Seaview.  I will say that the YC restaurant had less and less people in it as the 18 days went on and more and more of us either did the main dining room or the Specialty Restaurants.

We were even told one night by the YC  Restaurant Manager that the food is better in the Specialty Restaurants, he was right.

My experience was that the "Italian Night" was the worst of the whole week, in the YC Dining Room.  Much of the rest of the week was outstanding, for both lunch & dinner.  True the Roy's and other Asian places were wonderful.  The old Italian specialty place on Posea, was MUCH better Italian, than anything I had all week!

4 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

I thin their main goal, is to go after crystal, as other companies such as Virgin, Four Seasons & Ritz Carlton; are now getting into the luxury cruise & air charter game.

Totally agree;  they've recognised there's increased demand for a more luxury experience.  It'll be interesting to see how competitive their prices will be.

WORLD OF CHOICE

Access to all ship’s facilities (bars and lounges, specialty restaurants, pools, etc.) 

Premium buffet 20-hours per day (gourmet menu for every moment of the day)

Does this mean that you get all Specialty Dining comped & that there is now a Special  Premium Buffet, where you can order off a Gourmet Menu?

file:///C:/Users/gkbii/Downloads/1384191935_NewDrinkpackage2019.pdf 

Edited by gkbiiii

8 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

WORLD OF CHOICE

Access to all ship’s facilities (bars and lounges, specialty restaurants, pools, etc.) 

Does this mean that you get all Specialty Dining comped & that there is now a Special  Premium Buffet, where you can order off a Gourmet Menu?

Love your optimism!

On 12/29/2018 at 1:21 AM, gkbiiii said:

WORLD OF CHOICE

Nope, it doesn't.....you have access i.e. you pay for specialty restaurants, if you choose to access them! With regard to the so-called premium buffet, we didn't eat outwith YC but had a wander through on one occasion and it looked to us the same as any other mass cruiseline buffet....not premium, but pick out the things that you would like to eat, and most of it less than enticing. 

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 8:21 PM, gkbiiii said:

WORLD OF CHOICE

Lets interpret this based on our recent Divina cruise.  The so-called "Premium" buffet is the relatively small, cold food, buffet that is in the Top-Sale Lounge.  The selection on the buffet is changed several times a day and is there for your use from 6am until 2am every day.  While we thought some of the items were pretty good, we were disappointed that they did not have any hot items or even the capability to have hot items.  So, they did have "Pigs in a blanket" at the evening cocktail time, but it was only good if you like cold pigs in a blanket.  They also had small (about 3 inch) pizza with blue cheese...which was fine if you like ice cold pizza.   We have suggested that the buffet could really benefit from a hot chaffing dish.

Specialty restaurants are not comped (other then Black Card folks getting a comped meal).  The language you quoted says you will have "access" but it does not say "free access."  In fact, they are taking some things away such as free Gelato (outside the yacht club).  We were still able to get free gelato on our two cruises, but the Concierge said that was a confusing situation as it was not supposed to be free on our cruise.  Two of the staff at the Deck 14 Gelato bar actually argued (in front of us) whether it was free or not...but gave it to us free.  On the Divina we could order pizza from the Eataly for room service delivery, but if we went to the Eataly to eat pizza we were charged the normal price.  Even one of our Concerge's could offer no suggestion as to the logic behind this other then "its company policy."

The small buffet and cooked to order eggs (breakfast) and pasta (lunch) up at the One Pool area was nice.  But we thought the cooked/grilled lunch items could easily be expanded beyond just Pasta (they could add burger and even hot dogs).  Other passengers claimed they used to offer a larger selection at this outdoor buffet (worthless if the weather is really bad) but we have no first hand knowledge if this was true.

Hank

On 12/20/2018 at 2:50 PM, sverigecruiser said:

It would be great to hear what MSC in the UK and/or Germany say about it.

Hi all 

I am on Seaside in May 2019 YC booked July 2018 and with all the changes I sent an email to MSC UK re what is included here is the reply I received

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

Please be assured that the items included in the Yacht Club experience at the moment of the booking will be honored, since the changes are only for the cruises booked after the 11th of November.

Should we be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. 

Kind regards
Stefania Esposito
Booking Management

MSC Cruises Ltd
5 Roundwood Avenue
Stockley Park – Uxbridge - UB11 1AF
Phone Travel agents (UK): 0203 426 3000  
Phone Direct (UK & IRL): 020 3426 3010

hope this helps 

2 hours ago, Scot born said:

Hi all 

I am on Seaside in May 2019 YC booked July 2018 and with all the changes I sent an email to MSC UK re what is included here is the reply I received

Good afternoon,

Please be assured that the items included in the Yacht Club experience at the moment of the booking will be honored, since the changes are only for the cruises booked after the 11th of November.

Kind regards
Stefania Esposito
Booking Management

MSC Cruises Ltd
5 Roundwood Avenue

hope this helps 

Thanks for sharing this information. It seems some recent cruisers are reporting they are getting the original drink package. I am guessing now this is why. 

5 hours ago, Scot born said:

Hi all 

Good afternoon,

Kind regards
Stefania Esposito
Booking Management

MSC Cruises Ltd
5 Roundwood Avenue

hope this helps 

That's good to know. The problem is that MSC doesn't confirm what was included when we booked the cruise! How shall we know what to expect when MSC doesn't tell us what was included when we booked the cruise?

Since we booked the cruise just a few days after we came home from a cruise I will expect to have the same things we had on that cruise included on our next cruise but I can't really know for sure.

Edited by sverigecruiser

3 hours ago, ashank1m said:

For drinks, check out my post above.  All drinks prior to the change should be this, 2018 Drink Package Comparison Guise with DRINKS ON US.  So, print this out and take it with you.

Can someone explain this to me like I'm a 5 year old, because I am STILL so confused, especially now after seeing your chart with a "Drinks on Us" column.  We board Seaside YC on 1/12.  (It's getting so close!  :classic_rolleyes:)

My booking confirmation says, Price Description:  Drinks on Us

Now that I see a Drinks on Us package, explain to me how that ISN'T the package we're going to get?  

(I thought we were going to be getting Deluxe - we booked 6/11/18)

Thanks in advance, and Happy New Year everyone!

Even if the booking shows "Drinks on Us" YC passengers will  get a Deluxe (Premium).  Not sure if they are going to honor based on the booking time.  Per some post, they are and some are getting what they booked with, not the latest changed Drink chart.  So,  Print this sheet and hope they will honor their commitment in getting you the Deluxe package that allows all the listed drinks and items.

12 minutes ago, ashank1m said:

Even if the booking shows "Drinks on Us" YC passengers will  get a Deluxe (Premium).  Not sure if they are going to honor based on the booking time.  Per some post, they are and some are getting what they booked with, not the latest changed Drink chart.  So,  Print this sheet and hope they will honor their commitment in getting you the Deluxe package that allows all the listed drinks and items.

Printing and will bring along.  Thank you.

Enjoy your cruise Jules815!  One thing I have experienced from few cruises, when the term of benefits/terms change after you booked your cruise, you can usually ask them to meet their term and they do meet your demand.  That is why concierge is there to help you.  I have had gratuity, drinks, and other benefits that I had prior to the change printed and ask them to correct at the Help desk and it has been met with my request.  Be nice, but get loudly when  they give you hard time.

13 hours ago, ashank1m said:

For drinks, check out my post above.  All drinks prior to the change should be this, 2018 Drink Package Comparison Guise with DRINKS ON US.  So, print this out and take it with you.

I appreciate that but can't see Yacht Club mentioned anywhere in the document. No package is mentioned anywhere in my documents for the cruise, only that drinks are included, so even if I print the guide what shall I expect to have included? I will print and bring the document but still don't really know what's included.

I have sent an e-mail to MSC, again, and asked what to expect but I still haven't got an answer about what's included. I will give them a few more days to answer and after that I will e-mail them everyday until they confirm what's included.

I don't really need any fancy drinks or icecream. If basic drinks and the cheapest Champagne (Nicolas Feuilatte?) is included I'm happy. I will drink Champagne everyday even if it isn't included but I prefer if it's included!

1 hour ago, ashank1m said:

Be nice, but get loudly when  they give you hard time.

This is exactly how I handle things like this. If I don't get what I shall get I may get loud but still nice.

(As said a few times already the problem now is that I don't know what I'm supposed to get.)

SC ... there never was anything officially indicated anywhere about what package was included with YC bookings when the policy was first introduced in April 2017.  However, it was very clear, when onboard, that it was the Deluxe package.  The comparison guide shows what's included in Deluxe (for US-based ships - which will apply in your case).  I'm afraid that's all you can go on.  I think it's unlikely you'll get a definitive answer on the subject, unfortunately.  We're in the same boat (pardon the pun!) for our cruises on Seaview and Meriviglia later this year.

2 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

I appreciate that but can't see Yacht Club mentioned anywhere in the document. No package is mentioned anywhere in my documents for the cruise, only that drinks are included, so even if I print the guide what shall I expect to have included? I will print and bring the document but still don't really know what's included.

Apologies to whomever originally posted this, I downloaded it and can't find the original to link to, credit to original poster.

SC, not everything is listed but you can see from this print the YC Experience is the same old/new, you will be OK.

The only thing included in Premium Plus and not YC is Champagne by the glass over €13 which according to the print it never was. 

menu 3.png

17 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

That's good to know. The problem is that MSC doesn't confirm what was included when we booked the cruise! How shall we know what to expect when MSC doesn't tell us what was included when we booked the cruise?

Since we booked the cruise just a few days after we came home from a cruise I will expect to have the same things we had on that cruise included on our next cruise but I can't really know for sure.

Hope this helps as this is the email I sent to MSC explaining my concerns, so therefore I expect to have everything that I have stated. 

Hi 
I have been reading that there is now changes to what I can expect to my YC experience. When I booked my cruise gelato, crepes, milkshakes and zip line were included, my husband does not drink alcohol at all and I was very please that he would be able to enjoy all the other benefits of the drinks package at no charge. I am concerned that this might be an additional charge. Can you please confirm if all of the above will still be included as of the time I booked. 
Thank You Christine

reply post#385 for anyone that missed it 

12 minutes ago, Scot born said:

Hope this helps as this is the email I sent to MSC explaining my concerns, so therefore I expect to have everything that I have stated. 

Hi 
I have been reading that there is now changes to what I can expect to my YC experience. When I booked my cruise gelato, crepes, milkshakes and zip line were included, my husband does not drink alcohol at all and I was very please that he would be able to enjoy all the other benefits of the drinks package at no charge. I am concerned that this might be an additional charge. Can you please confirm if all of the above will still be included as of the time I booked. 
Thank You Christine

reply post#385 for anyone that missed it 

I really appreciate your efforts to help and I thank you for that.

My problem is that MSC don't want to confirm what was included when I booked the cruise! If I don't know what was included when I booked the cruise I really can't "demand" to get anything!

1 hour ago, ziggyuk said:

Apologies to whomever originally posted this, I downloaded it and can't find the original to link to, credit to original poster.

SC, not everything is listed but you can see from this print the YC Experience is the same old/new, you will be OK.

The only thing included in Premium Plus and not YC is Champagne by the glass over €13 which according to the print it never was. 

menu 3.png

Thanks you! This document seems to be usefull since "YC EXP" is mentioned. I will defenitely print and bring this.