Cruise Critic Community
Jamman54

Our Carnival Pride to Bermuda cruise (with pics) - 10/21/2018

Hartley's Helmet Dive sounds awesome!  I so want to do it!  Thanks for the info pacruise804!

16 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Helmet dives are so much fun. I did one with the boys at Coral World in St. Thomas. Now a days Calico Jack's is my speed. 😁

Jumping off the plank, right 😉 

@boltpeople, you will need to search directly for the company since they don't do ship excursions.  They offer a picture package too (thumb drive), which had a small discount since we pre-purchased.  

Sorry for the thread drift, Jamman54.

1 hour ago, pacruise804 said:

Jumping off the plank, right 😉 

@boltpeople, you will need to search directly for the company since they don't do ship excursions.  They offer a picture package too (thumb drive), which had a small discount since we pre-purchased.  

Sorry for the thread drift, Jamman54.

Hey, we're talking about Bermuda so no worries! 😀

On 7/17/2019 at 3:29 PM, boltpeople said:

I read your review with much anticipation and was saddened to hear that you do not recommend going to Bermuda in October.  😔  I am seriously considering the Pride cruise to Bermuda this October.  My schedule is hard to get a week away but I can actually get away during this time frame and was looking forward to going to Bermuda, but now I wonder if it’s worth it???  I may not get a chance to go in spring or summer months for years.  Do I risk it and go now?  If I do go now, should I splurge on a balcony or extended balcony or is the weather too bad to enjoy the balcony?  Thank you for any advice you have for me.  

We are going to Bermuda on the Pride late this October, then staying on for the Journey Cruise the next two weeks as a B2B. We have been to Bermuda in October before and loved it. Not being big beach people we found it pleasant weather for walking around and simply enjoying all things Bermuda, and plan to do so again. We plan on visiting the Crystal Caves, the Aquarium, Swizzle Inn (I need a new cap, my old Swizzle Inn hat is wore out) and I want to visit the Gosling Rum store in Hamilton. (Lord Hawke in the Ted Bell Hawke series of books is a Gosling rum drinker, and it is referenced frequently in his books. I'm not a big rum drinker, but since Bell's next book in the series won't be out until next year this will be my Hawke fix for this cruise.) I am positive you will have a wonderful time should you decide to go.

HiJamman54

I am sailing on the Magic 09/28 for my first visit to Bermuda and I have to tell you that I really enjoyed your review! 

The pictures are great, and I am even more excited than I was before.  I also appreciate the tips and the information in your posts.  I think this is going to be one awesome cruise!

4 minutes ago, DaisyGirl55 said:

HiJamman54

I am sailing on the Magic 09/28 for my first visit to Bermuda and I have to tell you that I really enjoyed your review! 

The pictures are great, and I am even more excited than I was before.  I also appreciate the tips and the information in your posts.  I think this is going to be one awesome cruise!

Glad that you enjoyed the review and found it helpful. Thanks for reading! Enjoy your cruise on the Magic.  :classic_cool:

2 hours ago, Luke Dawg said:

Hi, 

Do you have pictures of the bar menus.

I believe I posted bar menu pictures in a couple of places. The Red Frog menu on our second sea day, and the Lobby Bar menus on our last sea day. :classic_cool: