Jump to content

Our Carnival Pride to Bermuda cruise (with pics) - 10/21/2018


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

 

Helmet dives are so much fun. I did one with the boys at Coral World in St. Thomas. Now a days Calico Jack's is my speed. 😁

Jumping off the plank, right 😉 

 

@boltpeople, you will need to search directly for the company since they don't do ship excursions.  They offer a picture package too (thumb drive), which had a small discount since we pre-purchased.  

 

Sorry for the thread drift, Jamman54.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pacruise804 said:

Jumping off the plank, right 😉 

 

@boltpeople, you will need to search directly for the company since they don't do ship excursions.  They offer a picture package too (thumb drive), which had a small discount since we pre-purchased.  

 

Sorry for the thread drift, Jamman54.

 

Hey, we're talking about Bermuda so no worries! 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 3:29 PM, boltpeople said:

I read your review with much anticipation and was saddened to hear that you do not recommend going to Bermuda in October.  😔  I am seriously considering the Pride cruise to Bermuda this October.  My schedule is hard to get a week away but I can actually get away during this time frame and was looking forward to going to Bermuda, but now I wonder if it’s worth it???  I may not get a chance to go in spring or summer months for years.  Do I risk it and go now?  If I do go now, should I splurge on a balcony or extended balcony or is the weather too bad to enjoy the balcony?  Thank you for any advice you have for me.  

We are going to Bermuda on the Pride late this October, then staying on for the Journey Cruise the next two weeks as a B2B. We have been to Bermuda in October before and loved it. Not being big beach people we found it pleasant weather for walking around and simply enjoying all things Bermuda, and plan to do so again. We plan on visiting the Crystal Caves, the Aquarium, Swizzle Inn (I need a new cap, my old Swizzle Inn hat is wore out) and I want to visit the Gosling Rum store in Hamilton. (Lord Hawke in the Ted Bell Hawke series of books is a Gosling rum drinker, and it is referenced frequently in his books. I'm not a big rum drinker, but since Bell's next book in the series won't be out until next year this will be my Hawke fix for this cruise.) I am positive you will have a wonderful time should you decide to go.

Link to post
Share on other sites

HiJamman54

 

I am sailing on the Magic 09/28 for my first visit to Bermuda and I have to tell you that I really enjoyed your review! 

 

The pictures are great, and I am even more excited than I was before.  I also appreciate the tips and the information in your posts.  I think this is going to be one awesome cruise!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DaisyGirl55 said:

HiJamman54

 

I am sailing on the Magic 09/28 for my first visit to Bermuda and I have to tell you that I really enjoyed your review! 

 

The pictures are great, and I am even more excited than I was before.  I also appreciate the tips and the information in your posts.  I think this is going to be one awesome cruise!

 

Glad that you enjoyed the review and found it helpful. Thanks for reading! Enjoy your cruise on the Magic.  :classic_cool:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Luke Dawg said:

Hi, 

 

Do you have pictures of the bar menus.

 

I believe I posted bar menu pictures in a couple of places. The Red Frog menu on our second sea day, and the Lobby Bar menus on our last sea day. :classic_cool:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...

Ahoy Jeff!!

 

Just off our third time on the Pride but our first time in Bermuda!!

 

First the ship, thanks to Patti there are always new shots!!! And they are awesome!!

 

Now Bermuda, I actually felt like I was with you!!   Thanks for letting me tag along.

 

I am about to join you on my first time on the Inspiration and I believe our forth on that gorgeous ship the Splendor.

 

If I haven't thanked you lately, I am now!! Thank you, thank you!!

 

Hugs,

Nicki

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2020 at 3:18 AM, Jamman54 said:

 

Okay Jamman and Patti,

 

I haven't been on NEARLY as many cruises as you.  I'm a relative newbee (or Bluebee, as you like to say)

however, I enjoyed the PRIDE more than any other ship I've sailed and while I'm tempted to try a huge new ship with all the bells and whistles, the idea of "fighting" the masses at buffets etc, doesn't tickle my fancy.  And when I think of my few (less than 10) cruises, PRIDE always sticks out as the best trip, by far.  I love the size and layout.  I love the serenity deck.

 

NOW, here's my actual question.... I'd like to see an in-depth "Jamman54 type" review of the PRIDE post dry dock FEB 2020.  Did they sail?  If so, do you know of a good review that highlights some of the upgrades and polishes she received?  I'm willing to look to YouTube or Critic.

 

As always, enjoy the heck out of your reviews!  

 

Amanda Young

SIngleMommaCruiser2020

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SingleMommaCruiser2020 said:

Okay Jamman and Patti,

 

I haven't been on NEARLY as many cruises as you.  I'm a relative newbee (or Bluebee, as you like to say)

however, I enjoyed the PRIDE more than any other ship I've sailed and while I'm tempted to try a huge new ship with all the bells and whistles, the idea of "fighting" the masses at buffets etc, doesn't tickle my fancy.  And when I think of my few (less than 10) cruises, PRIDE always sticks out as the best trip, by far.  I love the size and layout.  I love the serenity deck.

 

NOW, here's my actual question.... I'd like to see an in-depth "Jamman54 type" review of the PRIDE post dry dock FEB 2020.  Did they sail?  If so, do you know of a good review that highlights some of the upgrades and polishes she received?  I'm willing to look to YouTube or Critic.

 

As always, enjoy the heck out of your reviews!  

 

Amanda Young

SIngleMommaCruiser2020

The last dry dock was February 2019. It was mostly cosmetic, but they eliminated the Holmes library and the Chapel and replaced them with the arcade. The former arcade was changed to Circle C. Also they changed the cabins on deck 4 that had the French doors over to windows. The Pride remains our favorite ship. 👍😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

The last dry dock was February 2019. It was mostly cosmetic, but they eliminated the Holmes library and the Chapel and replaced them with the arcade. The former arcade was changed to Circle C. Also they changed the cabins on deck 4 that had the French doors over to windows. The Pride remains our favorite ship. 👍😀

Thanks so much!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...

i know this is a little after the fact, but thanks for this review. We are scheduled on the Pride in January 2022(hopefully), and I know you have stated she is your favorite. Have always followed your reviews, and this was great as always

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sampsonsmom said:

i know this is a little after the fact, but thanks for this review. We are scheduled on the Pride in January 2022(hopefully), and I know you have stated she is your favorite. Have always followed your reviews, and this was great as always

Thanks for reading and hope you found it helpful. Sad that she's leaving Baltimore, but we do like the Legend as well. I'm sure we'll do the Pride out of Tampa at some point. 😎

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Azamara - We are back with New Greece Voyages
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...