New Program called "The Key"

ValerieJo

So i sent a email to RC asking about how the program has changed a heap and not as many extra sessions on the attractions, i attached two lists that people have posted one with lots of sessions and the second one more recent one thst didnt have many sessions and 3 of the 7 day cruise no extra sessions they sent back.

Thank you for contacting the Cruise Administration Department.

We have reviewed your email and about your query, We kindly inform you that one of the benefits of THE KEY is that you get daily private hours at onboard activities like FlowRider, Rock Climbing Wall and Ice Skating, If you would like to request an extra session in the FlowRider you can request it to our Staff members, however, it will be subject to the availability. Please see attached file with all The Key benefits.

(See attached file: The_Key_Trade_Flyer.pdf)

Thank you for giving us this opportunity to address your concerns. We hope this correspondence has been useful. 

We look forward to welcome you onboard soon, please visit our website to check out the extraordinary itineraries we have available to you.

Should you have further queries, do not hesitate to contact us.

So they obviously didnt even look at the pictures i sent as it shows many days with no extra sessions, such a dismissive email pretty much too bad so sad maybe you can book a private session.

I find their response to be annoying (because they didn’t really read your question) but also leverage!

If you don’t have daily sessions on your cruise and you purchased the key - you should use that to discuss with the Activities Manager and/or after your trip with Michael Bartley’s team! You might be able to get something for your disappointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Cel_cruise said:

I find their response to be annoying (because they didn’t really read your question) but also leverage!

If you don’t have daily sessions on your cruise and you purchased the key - you should use that to discuss with the Activities Manager and/or after your trip with Michael Bartley’s team! You might be able to get something for your disappointment.

Post 2021 says it all.

16 hours ago, Dmkaminski said: We did not have a separate line to go through security, but did to check in and separate waiting area (though is no longer by the star class waiting area/snack). 

Does anyone know if Jr. Suites wait and check in with real suites at Cape Liberty (as we have in past at other ports) or would that be same line as Key guests? If different lines, which has priority -- Jr. Suites or Key?

I was told on our last cruise that Jr Suites check in with real suites ( we were at Port Canaveral though) but when we got there I was told  my set sail pass would say "Suite" if I was supposed to use the suite line. This upcoming cruise we are a Jr Suite again and The Key, guess we will find out when we get there.

23 minutes ago, princesslondon said:

I was told on our last cruise that Jr Suites check in with real suites ( we were at Port Canaveral though) but when we got there I was told  my set sail pass would say "Suite" if I was supposed to use the suite line. This upcoming cruise we are a Jr Suite again and The Key, guess we will find out when we get there.

Thanks. Not sure when you're sailing, but would love to hear your experience when you return. Enjoy!

36 minutes ago, zooma said:

Does anyone know if Jr. Suites wait and check in with real suites at Cape Liberty (as we have in past at other ports) or would that be same line as Key guests? If different lines, which has priority -- Jr. Suites or Key?

We had a JS last summer at Cape Liberty and sat with the other suite guests.

33 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

We had a JS last summer at Cape Liberty and sat with the other suite guests.

Thank you! (Was "Suite" noted on your set sail pass?)

Edited by zooma

6 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

We just boarded Jewel on Friday, and there were Key signs at both check in at Chops.

The Jewel is on a repositioning/transatlantic cruise - Correct?  

Can you tell me how many seas days in a row that is?  A few of us were discussing this yesterday.  

How does the Jewel look?

11 minutes ago, tcmagnum said:

The Jewel is on a repositioning/transatlantic cruise - Correct?  

Can you tell me how many seas days in a row that is?  A few of us were discussing this yesterday.  

How does the Jewel look?

Yes, currently on TA.  Six sea days to Ponta Delgada, then two to Gibraltar, then one from Valencia to Civitavecchia.

Interior of ship is just fine.  Balconies showing a little age, but that's what salt water does to a ship.  

Day three at sea, and seas are relatively calm -- 3-6 ft swells, which is virtually nothing.  Weather good so far -- a little windy.  We're staying on for the B2B, Greek islands.  MDR menus pretty much the same as we had on Brilliance last Fall.  Food good, but Windjammer not so much.  Three mornings in a row I had to ask for English/Irish bacon.  They had it, but had to go back to the kitchen to get it.  

Now back to the Key -- too expensive for the number of days we are on, but getting it for our 7-night Brilliance in the Fall of this year basically because two of the ports are tender ports.   Want the priority embarkation along with priority tender.  Staying on for the B2B TA, but going to try breakfast in the morning.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cel_cruise said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking the exact same thing will print it out and take with me

Problem with set sail pass:

I have purchased The key for my B@B Explorer cruises April 13 and 24. Printed my set sail pass. wondered how they know I have Key, called C&A desk, took 45 minutes for them to tell me it should be on set sail pass, don't know why it is not there.

Anyone else had this problem?  how did you deal with it?

16 minutes ago, fnw said:

Problem with set sail pass:

I have purchased The key for my B@B Explorer cruises April 13 and 24. Printed my set sail pass. wondered how they know I have Key, called C&A desk, took 45 minutes for them to tell me it should be on set sail pass, don't know why it is not there.

Anyone else had this problem?  how did you deal with it?

I don't think it has been printed on anyone's Set Sail pass.  Through all the previous hundreds of posts, people have reported just looking for a sign or asking to be pointed to the right check in (it doesn't normally work for the security line you go through to then get in to the building to do your check in).  Printing off your confirmation might help if you want to have it to show when going to the check in line once you get past security.  You'll get your Sea Pass card once you check in and it should have the Key icon on it.  

25 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I don't think it has been printed on anyone's Set Sail pass.  Through all the previous hundreds of posts, people have reported just looking for a sign or asking to be pointed to the right check in (it doesn't normally work for the security line you go through to then get in to the building to do your check in).  Printing off your confirmation might help if you want to have it to show when going to the check in line once you get past security.  You'll get your Sea Pass card once you check in and it should have the Key icon on it.  

Thank you

33 minutes ago, rockmom said:

my set sail pass confirmation actually has a Key icon on it, so I would imagine when we get the card it will as well.  

Just now, MissLittle1959 said:

my set sail pass confirmation actually has a Key icon on it, so I would imagine when we get the card it will as well.  

Great to know!  Ours doesn't have it (we are sailing on May 19th on Allure), but it sounds like perhaps they are starting to add it to the set sail pass finally. 

19 minutes ago, renysmom said:

I looked but could not find, has anyone posted the Giovanni's lunch menu from Allure now that you have a choice?  Would like to compare them.

Thanks

Just now, rockmom said:

Great to know!  Ours doesn't have it (we are sailing on May 19th on Allure), but it sounds like perhaps they are starting to add it to the set sail pass finally. 

I don't know about just starting bc I printed mine out weeks ago.  We are sailing next week on the 13th.  It appeared after I purchased it.  I had printed it out before buying The Key.  Then reprinted and it was there.

24 minutes ago, renysmom said:

I looked but could not find, has anyone posted the Giovanni's lunch menu from Allure now that you have a choice?  Would like to compare them.

Thanks

Here's the menu that I found on Google. I'm thinking it's same for dinner and lunch but sorry if it is not and this isn't the right one.

https://images.r.cruisecritic.com/pdfs/rci-giovannis.pdf

Just now, MissLittle1959 said:

I don't know about just starting bc I printed mine out weeks ago.  We are sailing next week on the 13th.  It appeared after I purchased it.  I had printed it out before buying The Key.  Then reprinted and it was there.

We did our check in on the app, so maybe that's different. We purchased the Key in December for our May cruise, well before the set sail pass was open for checking in, so I guess it's hit or miss?  But you're the first person I've seen post that it has shown up on the pass--so hopefully that will soon be the 'norm'.  

1 minute ago, MissLittle1959 said:

Here's the menu that I found on Google. I'm thinking it's same for dinner and lunch but sorry if it is not and this isn't the right one.

https://images.r.cruisecritic.com/pdfs/rci-giovannis.pdf

That's the full dinner menu.  For lunch it will be more limited--and if it's like Chops, for Key guests it will be even more limited.  Chops has a lunch menu for those that buy it separately, it's a smaller menu for the lunch that comes with The Key on embarkation day.  

Which Greek Isles are you guys stop at for the second part of your B2B?  We are doing the Greek cruise in June this year and looking for do's/don'ts for ports.  Which ones can we do on our own?  Beach day or walking around town.  And which ones we should book tours?  

We've also signed up for the key for our Greek Cruise as we were going to get internet anyways and love to try Chops.  

Also if you get a second can you let me know how much the following cost?  Just an average...

Bottle Water?

Frozen Mocktails?

Frozen Alcoholic drinks?

Mixed drinks?

Trying to decide we I get the deluxe drink package or just the refreshment package.  I'm a huge bottle water drinker.  And I really like the idea of not owing anything when I get off ship.

Thanks for answering my questions...