New Program called "The Key"

ValerieJo

We decided to try The Key for our next cruise mainly for FlowRider and show seating. We were going to get an internet package, so it works for us in that respect too. 

Question: Should our set sail pass show anything regarding The Key on it?

15 hours ago, Orsino said:

We decided to try The Key for our next cruise mainly for FlowRider and show seating. We were going to get an internet package, so it works for us in that respect too. 

Question: Should our set sail pass show anything regarding The Key on it?

LOL the Flowrider line is going to be sooo long because 200 key people want their perk... 😁👍🙄

8 minutes ago, Mushroomgav69 said:

Where as the line of 4900 other people is sooooooo much shorter. FYI only 100 key are to be sold.

Using the key perk at the flowrider is going to be a big draw to actually do it..so if only 40 show up in that limited hour to take "their" advantage... it will be fun👍😁

They do sell a lot more than 100 keys... that information was wrong from the beginning! 🙄

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

4 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Using the key perk at the flowrider is going to be a big draw to actually do it..so if only 40 show up in that limited hour to take "their" advantage... it will be fun👍😁

They do sell a lot more than 100 keys... that information was wrong from the beginning! 🙄

No it is only 100 sold. Everything I have read says 100. Even the Royal blog. I am sure you have some information to back this up🧐🧐🧐

And working on the same equation that you are using say 40 people turning up out of say 200... a fifth.

Now let’s use your equation for the Approx 5000 passengers less a fifth is 1000 passengers turning up. I also see this as ridiculous. Yea I am sure all 100 or 200 key passengers that have bought the Key will just buy it for the flowrider and will use the hour allocated everyday.😂😂😂

It does seem to me most of the people complaining are diamond members or similar. Are they scared someone is in their turf😂😂😂😎😎😎😎

i understand some people have paid a fortune for their rite of passage diamond/pinnacles but if some people want to pay for something extra.. why the hell not. We do this in everything else in life. Health care, flights, trains, theaters even the food we eat. Everyone has a choice on the price bracket they can afford.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mushroomgav69 said:

No it is only 100 sold. Everything I have read says 100. Even the Royal blog. I am sure you have some information to back this up🧐🧐🧐

There is only ONE person that said it is only sold to 100 people - his name is twangster and he posted the same information to several forums here AND the blog as he often double posts to get more attention ... 🙄

There have been several reports  that they do NOT have a limit and information was given that it is at least 100 CABINS maybe more...

So far there is no reliable information how many keys are sold.... and we all know RCI will sell as many as they can...

Your math is totally useless as many will buy the key to USE the perks they paid extra for...

People behave totally different when they paid for stuff...!

Good luck! 👍 🙃

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik
  • Like 1

Just now, Thorben-Hendrik said:

There is only ONE person that said it is only sold to 100 people - his name os twangster and he posted the same information to several forums here AND the blog as he often double posts to get more attention ... 🙄

There have been several repkrts that they do NOT have a limit and i formation has ot is at least 100 CABINS maybe more...

So far there is no reliable information how many keys are sold.... and we all know RCI will sell as many as they can...

Your math is totally useless as many will buy the key to USE the perks they paid extra for...

Good luck! 👍 🙃

Not my math. It was yours. I just applied YOUR math to the remainder passengers. Just read your previous post to verify.👍👍👍👍 

The Royal blog is not the only travel site in the entire world that is talking about “The Key program” other travel sites are also stating 100 key are to be sold. And yes I have read Twangsters review. Page one of this thread.

A few travel sites have stated there distrust, much like your own saying they could up the 100 but so far it is to soon to tell.

8 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

just as an FYI, I did see reference to a 100 key limit on the RCI blog...  it’s about a quarter of the way through here https://www.*****.com/category/category/the-key

TTBOMK that blog is a fan run site and not endorsed by Royal; the content is either fan supplied (menus, Compass, etc.), through press releases, or conjecture by content creators.   

3 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

just as an FYI, I did see reference to a 100 key limit on the RCI blog...  it’s about a quarter of the way through here https://www.*****.com/category/category/the-key

There is also a write up from “Travel market report” also states 100 tickets.

From reading the report it referred to information given to travel agents from Royal.

I am not saying that 100 tickets will only be sold in the future but information currently suggests it is.

So far it is only Chinese wispers saying otherwise.

8 minutes ago, Mushroomgav69 said:

Sonce they didn’t reference anything directly from Royal that information could have been gathered from a number of incorrect or incomplete sources...here on CC for example.

This is the only document I could find directly from Royal and it makes no reference to a cap of 100. 

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/18065383_The_Key_Trade_Flyer.pdf

We have purchased the Key but not for the flow rider.  My husband may try it but I know my knees will say no.  If that is the main thing I wanted I would just get a season pass to Schliterbahn and ride the same thing all day every day. 

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Sonce they didn’t reference anything directly from Royal that information could have been gathered from a number of incorrect or incomplete sources...here on CC for example.

This is the only document I could find directly from Royal and it makes no reference to a cap of 100. 

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/18065383_The_Key_Trade_Flyer.pdf

So you are saying the information they received and the information the travel agents received is wrong. Can you send a link to we’re it says no limit or 200 tickets etc.🧐🧐🧐🧐

i can only find were it refers to 100. And a lot of people who “Think” it could be more.

Just now, Mushroomgav69 said:

So you are saying the information they received and the information the travel agents received is wrong. Can you send a link to we’re it says no limit or 200 tickets etc.🧐🧐🧐🧐

i can only find were it refers to 100. And a lot of people who “Think” it could be more.

I am a travel agent (with a very large agency) and we have not received any information from Royal about this program.

i don’t have a link one way or the other, all I am saying is that I have not seen anything official stating that it is a certain number whether that is 100 or something different.

The evidence for saying it's 100 is so thin as to be useless for this discussion. The Key is still showing on the cruise planner for  my Symphony cruise 12 days from now. On a ship with 6000+ guests. So either it's selling very poorly or the cap, if any, is much higher than 100.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I am a travel agent (with a very large agency) and we have not received any information from Royal about this program.

i don’t have a link one way or the other, all I am saying is that I have not seen anything official stating that it is a certain number whether that is 100 or something different.

As you said you are from a very large agency I would have thought you would have received information on something that has been running for months.

As from a large agency I would have thought you would have all the up to date information.

i would have thought large agencies would be given this information so they could on sell it to their customers.

5 minutes ago, Pratique said:

The evidence for saying it's 100 is so thin as to be useless for this discussion. The Key is still showing on the cruise planner for  my Symphony cruise 12 days from now. On a ship with 6000+ guests. So either it's selling very poorly or the cap, if any, is much higher than 100.

So many people I think are pissed off that someone “god forbid” is going to end up with better service than themselves even if that person pays for that privilege.

There is not one thing that will make me buy it. It is most of it. 

Priority embarkation, priority debarkation. Getting priority on tenders or at ports. Saved seating for the shows. Not having to make bookings for shows.

i am going on Ovation and I am still unsure if many of the other things available on board will also be included. Dodgem cars, shows at 270 etc.

For half the price I am paying I would be already spending on internet so the other half by getting better service is worth the price.

if you are a pinacle or suite guest you would be already getting these services and a few more. It would not be worth paying for something you are already getting or is it that they wish we would go back to the oars and not bother them in their ivory towers.

20 minutes ago, Mushroomgav69 said:

As you said you are from a very large agency I would have thought you would have received information on something that has been running for months.

As from a large agency I would have thought you would have all the up to date information.

i would have thought large agencies would be given this information so they could on sell it to their customers.

It  been For sale for just under 2 months, it’s only been a couple weeks since the first reported sailing.

It is only in the testing phase right now.  I would not expect to receive information until they have all the details finalized.  Could you imagine the confusion on sending out all the information now and then making a few changes to it later and having to make sure all the agents know about the changes.