Jump to content

New Program called "The Key"


ValerieJo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Priority debarkatiom from Liberty of the Seas is a joke. We were supposed to debark at 8:30am, but they are still holding us in the dining room and only allowing self-debarkation people to leave. There is no priority in this. (It’s now 9:15). 

 

There was also no special debarkation in ports. That’s likely different in tender ports,  but I wouldn’t count on it, based on our experiences.

 

i would say if flowrider is your “thing,” the Key might be worth it for that. But there hasn’t been priority anything in this trip, really.

Edited by 3bzmom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 3bzmom said:

9:50 and we are finally being allowed to disembark. Keep in mind that the ship was not delayed and self-debarkation started on time.

 

total crap.

I would have told them at 8:30am. I need to get off the ship NOW, I have a flight to catch.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I would have told them at 8:30am. I need to get off the ship NOW, I have a flight to catch.

 

Oh, we did. They told us they were sorry, there was nothing they could do. In fact, at 8:15 we told them we needed to be out at 8:30 for a flight.

 

So we found someone else and my husband blew up at him and told him it was BS, and all documentation said we could leave at 8:30 (it was 9 at that point). He said luggage wasn’t ready. Hubby said BS. There were maybe 40 of us waiting to leave. Hubby told him we missed our shuttle, but because it wasn’t a Royal shuttle, they didn’t care.

 

Hubby waited a little bit, then complained to yet another person (other people were complaining too.)

 

Finally, my husband said they had no right to hold us hostage on the ship while other people were allowed off. At this point, they were on letter F for self debarkation. That’s when they finally let us leave, at 9:50.

 

When we got down to customs, we did bypass part of the line, but you could’ve done that by getting a porter. Customs took about half an hour.

Edited by 3bzmom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 3bzmom said:

 

Oh, we did. They told us they were sorry, there was nothing they could do. In fact, at 8:15 we told them we needed to be out at 8:30 for a flight.

 

So we found someone else and my husband blew up at him and told him it was BS, and all documentation said we could leave at 8:30 (it was 9 at that point). He said luggage wasn’t ready. Hubby said BS. There were maybe 40 of us waiting to leave. Hubby told him we missed our shuttle, but because it wasn’t a Royal shuttle, they didn’t care.

 

Hubby waited a little bit, then complained to yet another person (other people were complaining too.)

 

Finally, my husband said they had no right to hold us hostage on the ship while other people were allowed off. At this point, they were on letter F for self debarkation. That’s when they finally let us leave, at 9:50.

 

When we got down to customs, we did bypass part of the line, but you could’ve done that by getting a porter. Customs took about half an hour.

Sounds strange, almost seems like something was going on with the dockworkers, like they were not taking bags off. Makes me wonder if you had left the dining room and just walked off with the self debarking people...........Would your bags have even been down there at 8:30pm ???? I think there is more behind this as to what happened, it's just the RCCL people weren't telling you the whole issue behind why you were let off so late.

 

I know if your luggage is not down there, it is best not to get off because what would happen is just people would keep ganging up in numbers getting in the way of the dockworkers bringing off the bags.

 

If you were the first ones getting off the ship at close to 10am, who had bags down there to pick up, you can surely bet the next sailings people won't board the ship intil after 1pm........I'm sure the port area is a mess with everyone backed up.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm having lunch with a friend and she got a message from a friend who was caught up in this too.  She said it there were drugs discovered and that is why everyone was held.  They missed their flights and are working on getting rebooked. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I'm having lunch with a friend and she got a message from a friend who was caught up in this too.  She said it there were drugs discovered and that is why everyone was held.  They missed their flights and are working on getting rebooked. 

Thats explains it, thanks for the information.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 3bzmom said:

Finally, my husband said they had no right to hold us hostage on the ship while other people were allowed off. At this point, they were on letter F for self debarkation. That’s when they finally let us leave, at 9:50.

There's your issue, like the suggested check in time, simply ignore what everyone tells you - walk off whenever you want. Now, your luggage may not be in the terminal, but you can just walk off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At no point did my husband swear. He said it was BS. In those words. Yes, he got upset, but he didn’t “verbally abuse” anyone. The representatives did not care that we had missed our shuttle or were close to missing our flight.

 

Also, no we actually couldn’t “just leave.” There was a representative at the dining room who was preventing anyone from leaving. Even after pleading our case several times. That’s why my husband got upset and said they had no right to hold us hostage, which is what they were doing, while other people were allowed off the ship with self debarkation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, rockmom said:

I'm having lunch with a friend and she got a message from a friend who was caught up in this too.  She said it there were drugs discovered and that is why everyone was held.  They missed their flights and are working on getting rebooked. 

If there were drugs found, and that’s why they wouldn’t let us off, why did they continue to let self-debarkation people off?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, 3bzmom said:

If there were drugs found, and that’s why they wouldn’t let us off, why did they continue to let self-debarkation people off?

 

If drugs were found in checked bags, it wouldn't matter if self-debarkers got off - they didn't check any bags, so they wouldn't be picking any up (or be the possible culrpits)...

 

But, I'm not sure the excuse was true...it does seem The Key's stated benefits may be oversold and underdelivered on some ships...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

 

If drugs were found in checked bags, it wouldn't matter if self-debarkers got off - they didn't check any bags, so they wouldn't be picking any up (or be the possible culrpits)...

 

But, I'm not sure the excuse was true...it does seem The Key's stated benefits may be oversold and underdelivered on some ships...

Good point about the drugs.

 

my experience on Liberty is they underdelivered on the program. Someone else’s experiences may vary, but even at $19.99/day, I didn’t find it worth it.

 

just my $.02

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 3bzmom said:

Also, no we actually couldn’t “just leave.” 

Excuse yourself to go some place or simply start walking - it would take a very brave soul to actually physically restrain you. 

 

Biker, who would excuse just about anything, but not not being able to walk off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Excuse yourself to go some place or simply start walking - it would take a very brave soul to actually physically restrain you. 

 

Biker, who would excuse just about anything, but not not being able to walk off.

My husband grabbed our carryon from the area they had us put them, and we walked towards the exit. The representative physically blocked us from leaving and told us we could not leave “for our own comfort” because the terminal was too busy. That was the excuse they kept using. Then it was that our luggage wasn’t ready. To have tried to have gotten past him would certainly have escalated things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Friends!  Sorry, I gave up on the 59 page post about The Key.  Couldn't find my needle in the haystack.  LOL

 

Has anyone who purchased The Key so far been able to use their Diamond or above coupons for your free internet days?  Or did you forfeit that by purchasing your internet through The Key?

 

New concept for me (well, for all of us I guess) and I'm weighing purchasing The Key for our May 31st Adventure sailing.  Husband and I along with our four year old daughter who doesn't need They Key yet.  I have a feeling we will still be tendering to CocoCay but I also seem to remember getting a priority tendering ticket in the DL.  So not sure that benefit is worth it.  We also have a junior suite so we won't really be needing that priority boarding or exit on the final day.  I doubt my husband will want to sit down for a nice breakfast.  He's usually ready to jump ship the last sea day.  (I could sail for months!)  We don't do the flow rider or rock climbing wall.  We do purchase high speed internet for both us.  The Chops lunch sounds nice and I'd happily hand over my carry on luggage with the heavy wine....but is all that worth the extra above the internet?  Sounds like I just made my decision, huh?  But I'm still curious how anyone made out with The Key and the Diamond internet coupon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Shellyoder45 said:

Hi Friends!  Sorry, I gave up on the 59 page post about The Key.  Couldn't find my needle in the haystack.  LOL

 

Has anyone who purchased The Key so far been able to use their Diamond or above coupons for your free internet days?  Or did you forfeit that by purchasing your internet through The Key?

 

New concept for me (well, for all of us I guess) and I'm weighing purchasing The Key for our May 31st Adventure sailing.  Husband and I along with our four year old daughter who doesn't need They Key yet.  I have a feeling we will still be tendering to CocoCay but I also seem to remember getting a priority tendering ticket in the DL.  So not sure that benefit is worth it.  We also have a junior suite so we won't really be needing that priority boarding or exit on the final day.  I doubt my husband will want to sit down for a nice breakfast.  He's usually ready to jump ship the last sea day.  (I could sail for months!)  We don't do the flow rider or rock climbing wall.  We do purchase high speed internet for both us.  The Chops lunch sounds nice and I'd happily hand over my carry on luggage with the heavy wine....but is all that worth the extra above the internet?  Sounds like I just made my decision, huh?  But I'm still curious how anyone made out with The Key and the Diamond internet coupon.

 

You can still use your D internet vouchers.  You may need to go to the internet kiosk that they have set up and get them to override it but you can definitely still use them.

 

we had a similar situation at Christmas.  We had purchased the soda and Voom package so out D voucher did not show as I already had a package.  The staff at the kiosk were able to add it to any other account that I wanted.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I'm not sure I understand your question.... do you mean can you still "purchase" a free day of internet on board with your Diamond coupon and let someone else use it?

 

No, my question was would I still receive my free day for myself even though I purchase the internet through The Key package.  I'm not much of a risk taker.  I play by the rules.  We both purchase our own internet package if that's what confused you about my question.  No one's looking to take advantage here...other than making good use of my internet coupon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

 

You can still use your D internet vouchers.  You may need to go to the internet kiosk that they have set up and get them to override it but you can definitely still use them.

 

we had a similar situation at Christmas.  We had purchased the soda and Voom package so out D voucher did not show as I already had a package.  The staff at the kiosk were able to add it to any other account that I wanted.  

 

Perfect, that's exactly the answer I was looking for.  If we decide to go with The Key I'll head on down to the kiosk to have my Diamond coupon applied.  Thanks so much!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Shellyoder45 said:

 

Perfect, that's exactly the answer I was looking for.  If we decide to go with The Key I'll head on down to the kiosk to have my Diamond coupon applied.  Thanks so much!

Not sure I’m following you.

 

are you going to use your Diamond coupon for another account or did you want to be able to access 2 acoounts.  You won’t get any money back.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shellyoder45 said:

 

Perfect, that's exactly the answer I was looking for.  If we decide to go with The Key I'll head on down to the kiosk to have my Diamond coupon applied.  Thanks so much!

 

If you have the Key or the Internet package, your Diamond internet coupon for one day goes away -- That's because you don't need it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not sure I’m following you.

 

are you going to use your Diamond coupon for another account or did you want to be able to access 2 acoounts.  You won’t get any money back.

I'm guessing I misunderstood your original answer.  Moot point now as we're not going to purchase the key.  We made our decision tonight.  For the record, I was just looking to see if could get my single day of internet service credited to my account if I purchased the key.  And based on your answer about going down to the kiosk to get a credit I assumed that's what you were telling me to do.  I wanted the credit for my day of free internet applied if I was able to use it to save myself money.  If I'm not able to do that, that's fine.  But that was my question.  Never once did I mention the intention to let someone else use the credit.  Maybe I didn't make that clear enough.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Virgin Voyages. It's Go Time
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...