New Program called "The Key"

ValerieJo

Q...

so I checked in today, have the Key/Allure, arrival time 2pm and no indication of the Key listed. Clearly I’d miss the included lunch with that time.  

Can I just show up earlier.. say 11 to try for 1130 restaurant opening? Should I be concerned the Key not showing on the check in page. Suppose I’ll just print out my confirmation.. 

anyone that’s Experienced this? Thx!

3 minutes ago, cre8tiv said:

Q...

so I checked in today, have the Key/Allure, arrival time 2pm and no indication of the Key listed. Clearly I’d miss the included lunch with that time.  

Can I just show up earlier.. say 11 to try for 1130 restaurant opening? Should I be concerned the Key not showing on the check in page. Suppose I’ll just print out my confirmation.. 

We traveled in February an our document said 12:30 but people here said to go earlier.  We arrived only a little early, at noon but no one said anything.   I was told, but I wouldn't bank on it, if you miss the lunch you can use that another day.

7 minutes ago, JRondo said:

We traveled in February an our document said 12:30 but people here said to go earlier.  We arrived only a little early, at noon but no one said anything.   I was told, but I wouldn't bank on it, if you miss the lunch you can use that another day.

Hmmmm..When u checked in, did ur Key show?? I just re-read some of the posts saying they “see” the Key on their set sail pass. 

Hope mine will pop up at some point and I’ll re-print. And then at pier, just look for the Key signage. We did the xtra dining so I’d really like to keep the tentative plans we have, and not “ hope” they ll give us the lunch another day with that 2 pm time. 

Edited by cre8tiv
Updated

11 minutes ago, cre8tiv said:

Q...

I would never wait till 2 to show up but that's me.  Not sure your email says this but mine said don't show up any less than 2 hours before the scheduled time, which would mean if I chose 11:30 to 12, then I'm to be there by 9:30 to 10. I plan to be at the cruise terminal by 9:30.  I also wouldn't trust you could use the free lunch on another day.

1 hour ago, rockmom said:

That's the full dinner menu.  For lunch it will be more limited--and if it's like Chops, for Key guests it will be even more limited.  Chops has a lunch menu for those that buy it separately, it's a smaller menu for the lunch that comes with The Key on embarkation day.  

Yeah, I kind of thought it was but i still say that gives you an idea.  I know I watched a youtube video of a couple that had the key program and they ate at Chops and had filet mignon, salmon and shrimp cocktail.  So if that's my choices, I'm good with that! lol

Edited by MissLittle1959

17 minutes ago, cre8tiv said:

Q...

You can go earlier for sure.  I have never been turned away, they actually have never even checked. I'll have my Key confirmation printed out (unless it shows up if I reload my Set Sail pass again), but the check in people know that the Key comes with lunch. I don't think you'll have any issues.  

I just printed our set sail passes and  don’t see anywhere on there that we have the key.  It says our board time is 1:30.  We’re planning on getting there at 10 but how will they know if we have the key?

When we sailed in March with the Key on Symphony, the Key was not on our printed Set Sail Pass. But when we went to drop off our luggage in the Theater, they check the list and we were on the list. We got our Internet codes at the Theater. 

58 minutes ago, Lindanuf said:

I just printed our set sail passes and  don’t see anywhere on there that we have the key.  It says our board time is 1:30.  We’re planning on getting there at 10 but how will they know if we have the key?

Just tell them when you are getting in the check in line 🙂

1 hour ago, MissLittle1959 said:

I would never wait till 2 to show up but that's me.  Not sure your email says this but mine said don't show up any less than 2 hours before the scheduled time, which would mean if I chose 11:30 to 12, then I'm to be there by 9:30 to 10. I plan to be at the cruise terminal by 9:30.  I also wouldn't trust you could use the free lunch on another day.

They mean 2 hours before sail away but truly it doesn't matter what time it says on your pass - you can show up at any time, theirs is just a suggestion 🙂

12 minutes ago, siempredescalzo said:

For those that the key appears on the set sail pass, where does it show up?

Okay, I'm now not sure this is the right "KEY" picture, but right beside the word Gold on my pass printout there is a picture of a key.  Am I now wrong to think that means the Key Program? lol  Anyone else have that?

2 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

They mean 2 hours before sail away but truly it doesn't matter what time it says on your pass - you can show up at any time, theirs is just a suggestion 🙂

Well, I've never shown up at their suggested time of arrival. lol  Ive read where after noon is worse for showing up with long lines whether that's true, I have no idea cause I don't ever plan on finding out! 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MissLittle1959 said:

Well, I've never shown up at their suggested time of arrival. lol  Ive read where after noon is worse for showing up with long lines whether that's true, I have no idea cause I don't ever plan on finding out! 🙂

Same page, we always aim for 10-10:30AM 🙂

31 minutes ago, MissLittle1959 said:

Okay, I'm now not sure this is the right "KEY" picture, but right beside the word Gold on my pass printout there is a picture of a key.  Am I now wrong to think that means the Key Program? lol  Anyone else have that?

I printed mine out from the website and I don't have a key picture, but the closest I have is a gold dot next to my gold status. I just assumed that was related to my C&A level since it's the same color. 1185590695_AllureMay2019GoogleDrive.png.663347d2e5fc2c043e1205fc022385c5.png

Edited by siempredescalzo

4 minutes ago, siempredescalzo said:

I printed mine out from the website and I don't have a key picture, but the closest I have is a gold dot next to my gold status. I just assumed that was related to my C&A level since it's the same color. 1185590695_AllureMay2019GoogleDrive.png.663347d2e5fc2c043e1205fc022385c5.png

No, I have an actual black Key next to the word Gold, so then I'm correct about mine having the emblem.  I'm pretty sure the first time I printed it out there was no key and then after I purchased, i reprinted and saw it there.

thanks for doing that. I don't know how to get a picture on here yet from my phone. lol

Edited by MissLittle1959

3 minutes ago, MissLittle1959 said:

No, I have an actual black Key next to the word Gold, so then I'm correct about mine having the emblem.  I'm pretty sure the first time I printed it out there was no key and then after I purchased, i reprinted and saw it there.

thanks for doing that. I don't know how to get a picture on here yet from my phone. lol

Ah ok I wonder if it's not showing up since I bought the key far in advance of the 90 day check in. If I wasn't grandfathered into the $20/day price I'd try cancelling and rebooking to see if that made a difference. Def not worth the price increase just to (maybe) see it on my set sail pass! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, siempredescalzo said:

Ah ok I wonder if it's not showing up since I bought the key far in advance of the 90 day check in. If I wasn't grandfathered into the $20/day price I'd try cancelling and rebooking to see if that made a difference. Def not worth the price increase just to (maybe) see it on my set sail pass! 

No way would I take that chance either.  If I saw no signs of having the Key I would show my confirmation of purchase.  I also have that with me just in case.  Or it's on my phone as well.  I have no idea why they do some of the things they do.  Right now it's showing my documents aren't even available.  Not sure why since you have up till you leave to print them off.  maybe just a glitch.

2 hours ago, cre8tiv said:

Hmmmm..When u checked in, did ur Key show?? I just re-read some of the posts saying they “see” the Key on their set sail pass. 

Hope mine will pop up at some point and I’ll re-print. And then at pier, just look for the Key signage. We did the xtra dining so I’d really like to keep the tentative plans we have, and not “ hope” they ll give us the lunch another day with that 2 pm time. 

I am pretty sure it did show.  I can't quite remember but I had something in my hand that I kept showing people to direct me to the key line at the check in counter.  I would just print your receipt for the Key if it doesn't show on your set sail pass and show them that.  I would go around 12 like we did.  It wasn't crowded at all and we were the only one in the key line so you could go right up to the counter.  Seemed like we got there after the big crowds and great time to eat lunch.  Good luck.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JRondo said:

I am pretty sure it did show.  I can't quite remember but I had something in my hand that I kept showing people to direct me to the key line at the check in counter.  I would just print your receipt for the Key if it doesn't show on your set sail pass and show them that.  I would go around 12 like we did.  It wasn't crowded at all and we were the only one in the key line so you could go right up to the counter.  Seemed like we got there after the big crowds and great time to eat lunch.  Good luck.

Were you able to get a place at Chops or Giovanni's even arriving that late?  

Just watched a YouTube video blog about the Key and its benefits and the picture of the black key on the card that the guy showed is exactly what I have on  my sail pass so it's definitely confirmed that that's what mine shows.  I'm glad I got that all straightened out. lol

On the Anthem right now and have not seen much of Key people.  There were some saved seats the first night at We Will Rock You but have not seen them at Flow Rider or iFly.  I was wondering if or how they would impact the suites guests but so far you would not know they were around.