Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
vtcruising

Taste of the Edge: Food Photos

Recommended Posts

It's time to start a food porn thread for the Edge. Now that the crew is sending back some actual photos of dishes they have had in the restaurants onboard (Mcampo posted a couple on the Dining thread), it is time to start posting those actual pictures. It looks like some are old favorites for those who have sailed on X before. We will be onboard in less than 3 weeks and plan to sample the amazing variety of dishes onboard, so it is great to get a preview!  :classic_smile:
 
I'll get it started with a few dishes that some of the crew have posted:
 
CREAM OF WILD FOREST MUSHROOM SOUP
 
image.thumb.png.405d29d7ef38246f3ef13c3a03dfb191.png
 
CHILLED SHRIMP COCKTAIL
image.thumb.png.03cf905c5c40a2759b37782e5fce0d28.png
 
 
 
 
 
image.png.dea946b1b3b7515eb8071ae96e90b7ee.png
 
 
image.thumb.png.6b0dd7f57aafb3cfaefce56e7b66ebac.png
 
Seared Salmon:
 
image.png.0c3b762f19ec64e4f51547ca3910e3ea.png
 
 
Heavenly Sin from Eden?
 
image.png.eb8c758e8354108391257d2f3c1e5a9f.png
 
Opera House Cake:
 
image.png.0ffaf9675d72fe692e8b871c7463f9be.png
 
I think the last one looks the best! :classic_smile:🍴

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks VTcruising for the food photos, I also, enjoy taking food photos of our dining meals. That lamb meal looks so good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a video from Le Petit Chef at the Bistro. I think the green dessert in VT’s post is from Le Petit and not Eden based on the table colors.

 

 

Edited by Mcampo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mcampo said:

Here is a video from Le Petit Chef at the Bistro. I think the green dessert in VT’s post is from Le Petit and not Eden based on the table colors.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the green one was from Le Petit Chef - it was labeled as such in the post now that I look back. I looked at the menus for LPC last night and didn't see anything to match (didn't see any chocolate sauce), but did find the Heavenly Sin from Eden that sounded like it could be that. :classic_smile:

 

Le Petit Chef menu - not sure if it is the Sundae at the bottom left or if they changed the menu. They may have a different menu on the Edge than other ships.

 

I&DEb8=Om1.jpg

Edited by vtcruising

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cruise47 said:

Thanks VTcruising for the food photos, I also, enjoy taking food photos of our dining meals. That lamb meal looks so good.

The lamb does look good! I hope you will add some of your food photos here when you return. :classic_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s definitely a different version of Le Petit Chef than we had on Reflection in April - blast I had eliminated it from our choices as we had done it before! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wendyam76 said:

That’s definitely a different version of Le Petit Chef than we had on Reflection in April - blast I had eliminated it from our choices as we had done it before! 

Looks like you might consider adding it back! I personally was not interested in it but now after seeing this video, I want to try it on our 12/9 cruise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The version we did was wonderful! They’ve now eliminated one of the dessert courses (too much food but the video was fun) so I will wait to check the new menu on Edge. I’m lucky enough to be doing a B2B and bought a 4 night package before the price increased for the first cruise - may just look for discounts on the day the second week! 

Wendy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TexSea said:

Here's an Eden video from Instagram. Can't wait!

 

 

What is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question for everybody:  Which food item are you most excited to try on the Edge?  (or which meal?)

 

 

For me, it is the "Beef Tenderloin En Croute" in the Normandie restaurant.  

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2018 at 11:33 PM, wendyam76 said:

That’s definitely a different version of Le Petit Chef than we had on Reflection in April - blast I had eliminated it from our choices as we had done it before! 

 

In the new Celebrity app, the LPC menu listed for my Edge cruise is the one in this screenshot below. 

 

Interestingly, Le Grand Bistro is listed again as open for breakfast, lunch AND dinner with the dinner menu available in the app being an extended version of the lunch menu. The lunch menu doesn't mention any a la carte pricing as its a flat fee of $20 but the dinner menu has several individually priced items, see the other two screenshot. 

 

Perhaps they have changed their minds about only doing LPC at night and will offer a more traditional dinner after all. 

 

Screenshot_20181109-103953.thumb.jpg.3508a99a686b7fcdaaf04674033cdc0e.jpg

 

Screenshot_20181109-104850.jpg

Screenshot_20181109-104840.jpg

Edited by [g]cruiserke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, [g]cruiserke said:

 

In the new Celebrity app, the LPC menu listed for my Edge cruise is the one in this screenshot below. 

 

Interestingly, Le Grand Bistro is listed again as open for breakfast, lunch AND dinner with the dinner menu available in the app being an extended version of the lunch menu. The lunch menu doesn't mention any a la carte pricing as its a flat fee of $20 but the dinner menu has several individually priced items, see the other two screenshot. 

 

Perhaps they have changed their minds about only doing LPC at night and will offer a more traditional dinner after all. 

 

Screenshot_20181109-103953.thumb.jpg.3508a99a686b7fcdaaf04674033cdc0e.jpg

 

Screenshot_20181109-104850.jpg

Screenshot_20181109-104840.jpg

Maybe they will have some nights of LGB menu  - I looked at my Jan 20th cruise and every night was still available for LPC.  It would be nice to have that choice, but I've found other errors on the App so won't count on it. :classic_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CanadianTourist said:

Question for everybody:  Which food item are you most excited to try on the Edge?  (or which meal?)

 

 

For me, it is the "Beef Tenderloin En Croute" in the Normandie restaurant.  

 

 

 

It's too hard to say - so many things and so little time! I'm looking forward to the menu at the FCSH the most, I think.  :classic_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

It's too hard to say - so many things and so little time! I'm looking forward to the menu at the FCSH the most, I think.  :classic_smile:

 

Me too FCSH.. I also a few items at the Bistro Cafe ( daytime and daily special  menu),   and of course BLU offerings.

 

 Hoping for some great  non salty soups.  We have the recipe for the Celery soup that they used to serve at our fav lunch spot,  Bistro on  5,  given to  DH by  Chef from Jamaica ,  We served it for Thanksgiving that Nov ,and  everyone wanted more,, more, more..literally slurping from the bowls!

 

For our  non BLU cruise, I have  looked at the menu  for each MDR...I think there are some nice choices... includung  the menu that is the same at each,  but especially the ones unique to each place,  Hoping X does as good a job with the food and service as it has with the decor of the venues!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Maybe they will have some nights of LGB menu  - I looked at my Jan 20th cruise and every night was still available for LPC.  It would be nice to have that choice, but I've found other errors on the App so won't count on it. :classic_smile:

 

The Bistro does have a couple of "outside" tables on the sidewalk where presumably it won't be possible to install the projectors for Le Petit Chef. Perhaps these'll be open in the evenings for a la carte dining. Better than leaving them empty and missing revenue. 

GetImage.jpeg

Edited by [g]cruiserke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, truelovewasborninastable said:

Suggestion to a new thread “Taste of the Edge: Drink Photos” 

It’s on my list. I’ve collected about  a dozen photos so far. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...