Cruise Critic Community
LrgPizza

Izumi sushi on Mariner

Is there a sushi counter at Izumi on Mariner of the Seas where one can purchase à la carte sushi rolls? 

(I apologize that my search here and google isn’t helping me, since I’m sure this has been asked before.)

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:26 PM, LrgPizza said:

Is there a sushi counter at Izumi on Mariner of the Seas where one can purchase à la carte sushi rolls? 

(I apologize that my search here and google isn’t helping me, since I’m sure this has been asked before.)

Yes.

On 11/5/2018 at 8:26 PM, LrgPizza said:

Yes, there is a sushi bar but it has only 5 or 6 seats and it does not take reservations.  The few seats there are first come first served.

You can order sushi rolls ala carte at a table also.

4 hours ago, SRF said:

You can order sushi rolls ala carte at a table also.

Wouldn't you have to pay the cover to take up space at a table?  I mean, I've rarely had sushi in my life other than at a sushi bar, since that's the best spot to eat it, but still...

Cover???  No cover charge for a table.

Izumi is all ala carte.

You get a table, you order, you pay for what you ordered.

If you sign up for a dining package, you get a certain amount of credit for dinner at Izumi.

4 minutes ago, SRF said:

Cover???  No cover charge for a table.

Izumi is all ala carte.

You get a table, you order, you pay for what you ordered.

If you sign up for a dining package, you get a certain amount of credit for dinner at Izumi.

They changed Mariner.  It is now only Hibachi other than the 5 or 6 barstools and a counter for Sushi.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

You can always order your sushi to go from Izumi. We do this at least one night on every cruise:classic_smile:. We stop by in the afternoon and order what we want, and let them know when we will be coming back that evening to pick it up.

Edited by orville99

26 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They changed Mariner.  It is now only Hibachi other than the 5 or 6 barstools and a counter for Sushi.

Thanks for clarifying that. That was how I understood it, and the previous post confused the heck out of me. LOL!  I didn't know it had ever been any different.

12 minutes ago, orville99 said:

You can always order your sushi to go from Izumi. We do this at least one night on every cruise:classic_smile:. We stop by in the afternoon and order what we want, and let them know when we will be coming back that evening to pick it up.

I'll do everything I can to grab one of those seats at the counter, or I'll probably pass. Sitting alone in my inside cabin eating sushi doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. 

12 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

Thanks for clarifying that. That was how I understood it, and the previous post confused the heck out of me. LOL!  I didn't know it had ever been any different.

I'll do everything I can to grab one of those seats at the counter, or I'll probably pass. Sitting alone in my inside cabin eating sushi doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. 

You can always take it to the Promenade and people watch while you enjoy it - or watch people try to figure out where the sushi bar is on the Promenade:classic_biggrin:

9 minutes ago, orville99 said:

You can always take it to the Promenade and people watch while you enjoy it - or watch people try to figure out where the sushi bar is on the Promenade:classic_biggrin:

LOL!  That would be funny.  However, I absolutely love sitting at sushi bars. Watching the sushi artwork being made is half the sushi experience. (Eating it is the other half).

1 hour ago, LrgPizza said:

LOL!  That would be funny.  However, I absolutely love sitting at sushi bars. Watching the sushi artwork being made is half the sushi experience. (Eating it is the other half).

And, we often find that if we sit at the bar and focus on the artistry that goes into what's being made, the sushi chef makes us extra creations that we never ordered.:classic_biggrin: