Level 7 PH wardrobes on Riviera and Marina

divingparent

We are booked on Riviera in cabin 7130 (PH1).  At the time of the booking we knew about the wrap around larger balcony, but after some research and reading reviews I now realise the cabin is smaller than a normal PH. We were not informed of this when we booked onboard Oceania last month.  The only concern I have is with the smaller wardrobe. Does anyone have pics of the wardrobe in these cabins? I've seen pics of the main cabin area and the balcony, but not the robe.

10 hours ago, divingparent said:

We are booked on Riviera in cabin 7130 (PH1).  At the time of the booking we knew about the wrap around larger balcony, but after some research and reading reviews I now realise the cabin is smaller than a normal PH. We were not informed of this when we booked onboard Oceania last month.  The only concern I have is with the smaller wardrobe. Does anyone have pics of the wardrobe in these cabins? I've seen pics of the main cabin area and the balcony, but not the robe.

Do they not have walk in closets?  I thought all of the PH on the O ships had them?  

1 hour ago, RJB said:

Do they not have walk in closets?  I thought all of the PH on the O ships had them?  

Yes they do, but as the OP mentioned the ones on deck 7 at the aft corners of the ship have smaller ones. They're still quite adequate. To me it seems the bigger issue is the space at the foot of the bed, which is already cramped a bit in the PH rooms, becomes even more in those 2 rooms. 

We have sailed in PHs on Marina, Riviera and Regent's Explorer. I don't recall a cramped area at the foot of the bed. The closet is walk in and much larger than the walk in on the Explorer. Our luggage fits into the closet as does everything else. Our larger bags were placed under the bed on the Explorer

Edited by warburg
missing info

9 minutes ago, warburg said:

We have sailed in PHs on Marina, Riviera and Regent's Explorer. I don't recall a cramped area at the foot of the bed.

Were you in one of the aft 4 PH's on deck 7 ?

Greetings, LHT28. No. All of our PHs have been on deck 10. I have never been in the ones on deck seven. When we booked our next cruise, I was offered one of them. I am not fond of their location.

Mary

9 minutes ago, warburg said:

Greetings, LHT28. No. All of our PHs have been on deck 10. I have never been in the ones on deck seven. When we booked our next cruise, I was offered one of them. I am not fond of their location.

Mary

well that may explain why you did not notice the  deck 7 cabins  were smaller

Those are the cabins being discussed  here

2 hours ago, warburg said:

Mary

Mary, why don't you like that location?  Because they are aft?

I haven't tried these cabins either, but I do like the aft cabins.  When we book an OC, we prefer the aft location.

From what I've heard about the Deck 7 PH cabins though, I suspect I wouldn't care for them either.  I do like a bigger veranda BUT I don't want to feel cramped inside the cabin either.

Mura

12 hours ago, Mura said:

Mary, why don't you like that location?  Because they are aft?

I haven't tried these cabins either, but I do like the aft cabins.  When we book an OC, we prefer the aft location.

From what I've heard about the Deck 7 PH cabins though, I suspect I wouldn't care for them either.  I do like a bigger veranda BUT I don't want to feel cramped inside the cabin either.

Mura

You also could have a lot more vibration in the aft.  That would be my biggest concern. 

Being my favorite PH cabins and having stayed in all 4, I can tell you that 7128 and 7133 are exactly the same as other PHs.

However, 7130 and 7135 have the massive balcony but are narrower than the rest of the PH cabins and because of that, the walk-in closet is still there but substantially smaller.  Unless you are really heavy packer, they are adequate for most people.

I don't have a picture of the closet but I do have before and after pictures of the cabin to show how I adjust for the narrower room. I ask the cabin steward to remove the small coffee table and low chairacross from sofa and move the breakfast table and chairs across from the sofa.  Now, you have no problems with the space at bottom of bed.

Riviera 7135 with small chair and coffee table removed.jpg

Riviera 735 with table moved to sitting area.jpg

Riviera 7135 without table at end of bed.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisingxpert said:

Being my favorite PH cabins and having stayed in all 4, I can tell you that 7128 and 7133 are exactly the same as other PHs.

However, 7130 and 7135 have the massive balcony but are narrower than the rest of the PH cabins and because of that, the walk-in closet is still there but substantially smaller.  Unless you are really heavy packer, they are adequate for most people.

I don't have a picture of the closet but I do have before and after pictures of the cabin to show how I adjust for the narrower room. I ask the cabin steward to remove the small coffee table and low chairacross from sofa and move the breakfast table and chairs across from the sofa.  Now, you have no problems with the space at bottom of bed.

Riviera 7135 with small chair and coffee table removed.jpg

Riviera 735 with table moved to sitting area.jpg

Riviera 7135 without table at end of bed.jpg

That is a GREAT idea!!

Is the closet still truly a "walk in"?  

If you put, say, a large foldover suitecase in there, would you be able to walk around it, or would it block the full end of the closet?  (Just trying to get some base idea of space.)

Thanks!

GC

2 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

I'm more than willing to give up some space and the larger closet for this balcony.

Riviera 7135 aft side of balcony.jpg

Riviera 7135 balcony.jpg

Great pictures that I never saw before.  We have been in a bunch of PH's but this gives me a better understanding of these rooms.   Thanks a lot for posting them.    

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

That is a GREAT idea!!

If you put, say, a large foldover suitecase in there, would you be able to walk around it, or would it block the full end of the closet?  (Just trying to get some base idea of space.)

Thanks!

GC

If you put the suitcase under the rack where you hang clothes which is to the left, you should  be ok.  The other side is the drawers.  No rack going the whole length of closet because closet is quite a bit shorter.

Thank you so much for your insight from someone who has stayed in one.  I think moving the furniture around solves the space problem in the cabin.  Is there space to get changed in the wardrobe, as that is what we did when we had a PH on level 10.

7 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

I'm more than willing to give up some space and the larger closet for this balcony.

Riviera 7135 aft side of balcony.jpg

Riviera 7135 balcony.jpg

Thank you so much for your insight. I'm glad to hear from someone who has stayed in the cabin.  I think moving the furniture around is a great idea. Is there still room to get changed in the robe, as that's what we did in the PH on deck 10 and is there still hanging rail the whole way down the robe and the same amount of drawers?

8 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

If you put the suitcase under the rack where you hang clothes which is to the left, you should  be ok.  The other side is the drawers.  No rack going the whole length of closet because closet is quite a bit shorter.

oops please ignore other post as I just saw you wrote this while I was typing!

6 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

That is a GREAT idea!!

Thanks!

GC

That's such a great idea

4 minutes ago, divingparent said:

oops please ignore other post as I just saw you wrote this while I was typing!

If you like a balcony, you'll love this cabin.  I had this one for my next cruise but they had a single supplement offer on Concierge cabins only so I reluctantly parted with the cabin.  I know I'm going to miss it.

Edited by cruisingxpert

6 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

If you like a balcony, you'll love this cabin.  I had this one for my next cruise but they had a single supplement offer on Concierge cabins only so I reluctantly parted with the cabin.  I know I'm going to miss it.

Sounds like you've been in these a few times.

Was Butler service ever a problem?

On the regular PH decks, I'm sure the Butlers are almost always "around", but they'd need to make a special trip to get down to Deck 7... Did that delay things noticeably, or was service seemingly the same?

It's always seemed that it would be really out of the way for the Butler.

GC

6 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

The closet is *shorter*, or *narrower*?

Thanks.

GC

5 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

Sounds like you've been in these a few times.

Was Butler service ever a problem?

On the regular PH decks, I'm sure the Butlers are almost always "around", but they'd need to make a special trip to get down to Deck 7... Did that delay things noticeably, or was service seemingly the same?

It's always seemed that it would be really out of the way for the Butler.

GC

You don't see the butlers roaming the halls the way you do on Deck 10 and 11 but just dial 2 if you need anything and they call back as fast as they would for any location.  I also learned from a fellow CC member about putting my breakfast order out the night before with no time on it and calling the Butler when I got up and wanted it delivered.  Just as fast on Deck 7 as the higher decks.

As far as shorter or narrower, it is a bit of both.  However, because the rack for clothes is at one end instead of running the whole length of closet, it doesn't feel narrower but is definitely shorter if you were standing in closet and looking at rack or drawers.

Just got home from the Marina and it was our first sailing on Oceania and upgraded to a Penthouse on deck 11. The best part of the room is the closet and I can honestly say, I will always splurge for all that extra room! 

Hello, Mura. I was influenced y the following: My family had a cabin cruiser when I was a child. My least favorite part was the stern. Sitting back there appealed to my two sisters. We had two engines, and the wake lacked the appeal of the the bow cutting through the water, Our anchor was on the bow. The coiled rope was my cushion, and the prongs, a footrest. I spent lots o time up there when we were underway. with my dog, Archie. At all times, We had to wear kapok life jacket up there. My mother made Archie's. (That dog lived to be 20 years old. Boating is good for longevity. I am still here, too.) Now that I know those PHs are smaller, I'm glad I rejected the offer.