Cruise Critic Community
Crusinsusan2

Eurodam cabin 4178

Booked this cabin for our upcoming Sea of Cortez. Can't seem find any info on the balcony size or what type of patio furniture will be provided. 

Thanks much for any information you could provide.

Susan  

Thanks KK. It appears on the deck plan the balcony might be larger than average since it's an aft cabin do you know if that is the case?  

I believe the lower the deck for the aft-cabins the slightly larger the balconies. How will any slight size difference of the balcony matter that much to you?

Edited by OlsSalt

OlsSalt-because I have not yet sailed the Eurodam nor in an aft cabin on a deck 4 and would like to know what to expect in anticipation of our upcoming trip. Seems a fairly straightforward cabin question.           

1 hour ago, Crusinsusan2 said:

OlsSalt-because I have not yet sailed the Eurodam nor in an aft cabin on a deck 4 and would like to know what to expect in anticipation of our upcoming trip. Seems a fairly straightforward cabin question.           

Agree a straight forward question but a hard one to answer with specific detail since they often give only a range of total cabin sizes including the balcony and not the specifics for any one cabin. The slope of the bank of aft facing cabins works to your advantage as the lower the deck will make yours larger than ones on the higher decks. However, this will not changes your use or deck furnishings in any material way that I can think of. But  there is a bit of a perk in its slightly extra spaciousness as well as sun and rain exposure.

We once had a great suite on the Prinsendam with one of the  tiniest balconies of all and we ended up loving it, since we felt we were perched right over all the action. So you never know whether initial sq ft size will matter or not. 

I often just google the ship and cabin number and find some surprising information ..some times .. from others who have posted about those specific cabins which can take you past the more generic ship information.  There are websites like the private HalFacts, which have posted photos of various cabins on your ship and her sister ship that can give you a good idea too. 

Edited by OlsSalt

Susan, 

Halfacts does indeed show 4178 on the Nieuw Amsterdam

http://halfacts.com/4178-nieuw-amsterdam/

having a tall-back wicker-type chair, a wide footstool (that could be shared if you positioned the two chairs just right), a metal framed clubchair and the previously mentioned tiny table. Both chairs have seat cushions.

Photos of other aft balconies on the membership site that shows Cruise Deck Plans, shows similar configurations for most of them, but some odd furniture as well, such as one lounge chair, and one balcony with a second adjustable table like in the room.

We have Eurodam cabin 4187, on a March 9, 2019 28 day cruise.   We love the aft cabins because of their size, and not just the balcony size.   In the cabin, there is the usual bed, night table and 2 seater couch.   In most veranda cabins on either side of the ship, there is almost no space between the left side night table and the couch.   On the aft cabins, there is about 3 ft extra room between the left night table and the couch.   The balconies are a bit deeper.  But nowhere as deep as the stern balconies on the Vista class ships.   Due to the greater slope of the aft decks, a deck 4 aft balcony on a Vista class ship has enough room for 2 full length lounge chairs, plus a table, and you still have room before you get to the railing.   The Eurodam has less of a slope on the stern, so there is less balcony depth.

Taosjellybean 

i am booked as a single in eurodam cabin VB 6036. It is a quad I want to know how the fourth bed works. Where is it and can it be put away so it is not visible 

Jo Ann

44 minutes ago, taosjellybean said:

i am booked as a single in eurodam cabin VB 6036. It is a quad I want to know how the fourth bed works. Where is it and can it be put away so it is not visible 

I'm not sure on the E'dam, but on a Vista ship the 4th bed hung a few inches from the ceiling when not in use.

34ihgm8.jpg

Edited by catl331

I found this pic of E'dam 6035 which appears to show the bunk over the head of the main bed.

EurVer603-73154-1538677888.jpg

Edited by catl331

Thank you catl331 for taking the time to find the picture for cabin 6035 eurondam. Most helpful. Where did you find these pictures?

Jo Ann