Strange

Guest ccpm

I am on a Ventura cruise departing 9/12/2018. Nothing strange about that. I originally was going as I usually do pre Xmas to the Caribbean but family problems meant I needed to be close to home so changed. All fine so far. Booked my usual aft balcony for single occupancy. Booked my select dining for every night always do. Nothing really very different other than I have posted a bit on the drinks package thread other than that not sure anyone anywhere would have known much less cared what I was doing.

Today I have had a slew of emails citing problems with my luxury car transport (*****), my pre cruise stay (nope not happening), my post cruise stay (nope) and oh yes you have won multiple things on board. Also click here we have problems cancelling your Azura cruise (been cancelled weeks ago). Need to note that I am an experienced cruiser and very very internet aware if not always the most tech savvy. I know this is some sort of scam they all ask for confirmation of banking details etc. I would I think never get sucked into this but for it to continue in this relentless way people must. What do others think? I am very much aware that my sister would be easily scammed by this sort of email. She would not want to bother me or even think she needed to if the email purported to come from P&O it would for her be gospel and need getting to immediately. 

If you haven't already, I would run a virus scan to check that your computer has not been hacked (this may be the way the scammers knew you had cancelled your Azura cruise) and report the matter to P&O, as their systems may have been hacked (although if that were the case I would expect it to be happening to more pax). Report it to Action Fraud (https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/scam-emails).

If your computer has been infiltrated, it may be at a level that an ordinary antivirus programme can't pick up (malware is increasingly sophisticated and the antivirus programes can't always keep up with developments), so if you know someone very techie and/or who provides you with computer support, it may be advisable to get them to do an in-depth check to be sure you have rooted out any nasties.

I do hope you get to the bottom of the problem, things like this are such a worry. Good luck.