LIVE BLOG! ECLIPSE 11/10 -12/09/18 Med and TA

h20cruzer

On 11/17/2018 at 10:35 PM, ptrpanpens said:

Hi Norma,

thanks for posting this. I decided to cancel the TA to Buenos Aires because I opted for a med cruise in October instead (have already done South America) but will be following along. I love Buenos Aires.

please give Liesa my regards. hope she is doing well.

anne from Los Angeles

Anne, I’m sure I recognize your screen name and sailed with you before. Not sure if we really ever met or not. Really looking forward to the TA. Liesa sends her regards as well.

Norma

Monday, November 19 overnighted  Dubrovnik.

You know I must be having a good time on a cruise when I put the wrong date on the headline yesterday I put the 19th but it was the 18th.

Since it was Sunday it was not much open although we found some shops and restaurants that were open but the majority were closed. Some were excited about the overnight but if nothing was open during the day what was going to be open at night? we ended up staying on the ship. 

MONDAY HEADLINE!!!!!!!!

CHRISTMAS DECORATION ARE GOING UP!!!!!

Nothing much planned for the day. I will try to get some pictures posted today.

Norma

6 hours ago, h20cruzer said:

Anne, I’m sure I recognize your screen name and sailed with you before. Not sure if we really ever met or not. Really looking forward to the TA. Liesa sends her regards as well.

Norma

Norma,

i dont think we have ever met but I have seen your name on cruise critic,too. I hope you and Liesa have a wonderful cruise and I will be following along in spirit. Hopefully you will not have weather issues like we did on Connie last month in Italy when we drifted out in the harbor and hit a Costa ship! Butall ended well!

anne

Tuesday Nov 20

we Overnighted in  Dubrovnik . Today we just did a little retail therapy right along the ship usual types of magnets hats shirts. I ended up buying some truffeled olive oil and that’s about it.

The weather has been absolutely beautiful sunny blue sky in the high 50s low 60s. That changed as we left port last night it’s storming cloudy rainy they ship this rocking and rolling .

Last night was the officers cocktail party for a Elite guests which we went to it, was nice nothing new, officers introduced themselves they passed around complementary cocktails. After we left there we couldn’t decide what to do for dinner so we stopped at Murano and they have space so we just had dinner there on the spur of the moment.  I had the Dover sole appetizer and Lisa had the goat cheese soufflé. For dinner I had the veal tender line and Liesa had the sea bass everything was excellent you couldn’t ask for a better service. I have to get a shout out to our server Alin n and our wine steward Koray.

Since we are on the back to back Cruise today we have a meeting at 10 o’clock we must provide our passports and our Brazilian visa which  they will keep.

Today is an at sea day tomorrow we will be in Malta.

22 hours ago, az4ship said:

Norma,

I am curious, what did you do in Zadar? Ne t year I will be there on the infinity and not sure what to do?  Thanks

Sorry can’t help you on on that one. Neither myself or my 2 friends got off the ship in Zadar.

Norma

We departed the ship the day you boarded.  We were on the October 29 sailing.  We arrived the Hotel Continental when you left for 2 nights.  Did a great tour of Monserrat and then drop off at hotel with private tour. Weather on those two days was fabulous in Barcelona.

This was our third time on Eclipse this year for a total of 6 weeks.  

The only issue with hotel is that the room decor seemed shabby or it may be the style of furnishings!  Loved the very modern bathroom and the staff was very nice.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lienf said:

Norma, we don’t want to see that weather Friday when Elaine and I and others join you. Please do what you can. 😂😂🙏🌞

Neil

I checked the forecast it says high mid 50s with rain, sorry I wish I could bring the sunshine that we have in Malta with me back to Barcelona.

On 11/18/2018 at 3:04 PM, mit429 said:

Hey, if you get a chance can you stop by the fitness center and inquire about the schedule for spin classes during your sailing - and how much they cost?

Thanks 🙂

Yes the do have spin classes. I spoke with them and they advised to go up to the gym area of the spa to sign up right away since they only have 13 cycles. They schedule is posted up there. They do not offer every day. Price with the 18% grat is either 12.95 or $13.95 per class.

Yesterday was a lazy sea day, spent sipping coffee and talking to new friends. 

Have not made it to shows except for Jane Curry. Liesa did make it to Liars Club last night. Tonight we are scheduled for Sushi on 5.  The Martini Bar has been busy and the bartenders have been on spot.

We have been given instructions on the back to back procedures. We are changing cabins so there is a little more to do than if we were to remain in the same cabin.

We are headed out in a few to stroll around maybe a bite of lunch and a souvenir.

Looks like rain for Barcelona on Friday.

Safe travels to all of you joining the ship on Friday and those traveling home.

Norma

3 hours ago, CanadianTourist said:

Quick question....Have you been to Valetta Malta before?  Any recommendations for a day there?

We were there in September 2017.  We arranged an all day tour with a private guide, and saw all of the main island.  I highly recommend that.

Others on our cruise enjoyed going to the Blue Grotto, but that's a couple of hours at most, including transportation I think.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CanadianTourist said:

Quick question....Have you been to Valetta Malta before?  Any recommendations for a day there?

I haven’t been to Malta before. Today we just walked around near the pier and had a nice lunch, no touring.

Norma

Hi Norma. Really enjoying your review. Can't wait to board the Eclipse in March 2020, but also looking forward to your TA portion as I will be on one on Rhapsody of the Seas in Nov 2019.

I was wondering if you might be able to get me some pictures of Celebrity specific scrapbooking supplies sold on board. On Princess and Royal, they are sold where the ship pictures are sold. I would love to see what they have (if anything).

Much appreciated and enjoy your cruise!