Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
h20cruzer

LIVE BLOG! ECLIPSE 11/10 -12/09/18 Med and TA

Recommended Posts

As you all know I’m having issues posting pictures so I posted the pictures first these are along the way to the Tuscan Grille for the elite breakfast and the picture of a cruise ship Is the Silver Seass only two ships in Livorno today.

Norma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, h20cruzer said:

You will have to go through customs and immigration however that did not take long at all there were no lines only went through the airport it is quite a ways from the gate to that area and then to pick up your luggage. I went outside and was able to catch a cab within two minutes. It was about 15 minutes to get into the city to my hotel hope this helps if you have any questions let me know.

Norma

Well NeiI I didn’t  really answer your question. In Paris I landed on the M concourse an had to go to the F concourse, it’s a long way. I needed to take a wheelchair, however the guy driving knew his was around and whisked me through the airport. We had to ride a tram and take 5 or 6 elevators, passport control, even as fast as he walked took us almost an hour.

hope to meet you and your wife on the TA

Norma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BillandChristy said:

Norma, thanks for doing this blog. We are doing a B2B on Eclipse in March 2019 from Buenos Aires to San Diego and have not cruised on Eclipse before. Our cruise critic roll call has planned a lot of private tours and need two meeting places for 2 groups of 50-60 people each. We think the Martini Bar is one good location, and are also considering the Passport Bar on Deck 3 on the other side of the ship from Guest Relations. However, we are concerned that area may be too busy when the ship docks and during the time we get the all clear to leave the ship.

 

We typically meet for the tours at the time the ship docks and leave as soon as we get the all clear. We are concerned about the following and hope you will be able to help us understand how things work upon arrival in each port:

1. Do people disembark from the ship near the Passport Bar on Deck 3? If not, where do they disembark (deck and approximate location)?

2. Is the Passport Bar crowded during the time about 15 minutes before the ship docks and 30 minutes after? If not, then it would seem to be a good meeting place for one of our private tour meeting groups of 50-60 people.

3. If the Passport Bar does not make sense as a meeting place, can you suggest another location (in addition to the Martini Bar) that would work for 50-60 people.

 

Any information that you can share on the above would be much appreciated.


Thanks,

Bill

It all depends on which port you are in as to where passengers disembark. My suggestion would be to check with guest relations ahead of time and then make your decision. I would think there would be more room to meet near the Passport Bar rather than the Martini Bar.

Today we are in Livorno and we are disembarking on deck 2 midship. If the ship tendering where you have a tour then usually would be deck 1.

Hope that helps.

Norma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, h20cruzer said:

You will have to go through customs and immigration however that did not take long at all there were no lines only went through the airport it is quite a ways from the gate to that area and then to pick up your luggage. I went outside and was able to catch a cab within two minutes. It was about 15 minutes to get into the city to my hotel hope this helps if you have any questions let me know.

Norma

 

Thank you for your prompt reply. 

 

Neil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm along for the ride.   Bon Voyage and hope you have a wonderful trip.   

 

We have friends on your Silhouette TA so I am following your blog there. It is great for the rest of us that cruisers like you and Norma take the time to do these. It would take me the whole cruise to do 1 page. 😁

 

Neil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lienf said:

 

We have friends on your Silhouette TA so I am following your blog there. It is great for the rest of us that cruisers like you and Norma take the time to do these. It would take me the whole cruise to do 1 page. 😁

 

Neil

 

Thanks.    I'm so happy that Norma is doing a Live Blog.    I love her writing style and always love the experience we each have.   I'm sure hoping that she has a smooth crossing on her next segment.   Hopefully the Atlantic will have calmed down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the food at the Elite breakfast plated or buffet style.

Its always been buffet when we’ve been on Eclipse, but it was plated on Silhouette in the summer.

i choose the Ultimate platter, as it had variety. The picture shows half, as my husband and I shared. Mine was minus the cheese, as I am Dairy Intolerant. They also did a fruit platter.

2C698D9F-302A-4F3D-945A-E18B6BDFCF4B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

 

Thanks.    I'm so happy that Norma is doing a Live Blog.    I love her writing style and always love the experience we each have.   I'm sure hoping that she has a smooth crossing on her next segment.   Hopefully the Atlantic will have calmed down.

 

Elaine and I are also hoping that the crossing is smooth. We are on that one with her and a few thousand others. 😁

 

Neil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, h20cruzer said:

It all depends on which port you are in as to where passengers disembark. My suggestion would be to check with guest relations ahead of time and then make your decision. I would think there would be more room to meet near the Passport Bar rather than the Martini Bar.

Today we are in Livorno and we are disembarking on deck 2 midship. If the ship tendering where you have a tour then usually would be deck 1.

Hope that helps.

Norma

Norma, thanks very much. That helps a lot. It appears that there won't be a problem using the Passport Bar as one of our 2 meeting places for tours. Since we have so many people doing private tours, the meeting location must be designated before the cruise so that is why it is important that we figure this out in advance. If you learn anything else that would indicate that the Passport Bar would not be a good meeting place for private tours please let me know. Hope your cruises continues to go well and look forward to hearing about your experiences.

Thanks, Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a lazy dad yesterday. After breakfast we relaxed on the balcony talked about our trip so far. We decided to do lunch in the ocean view as Liesa had a tour scheduled at 1:30. The buffet was not busy and we had a choice of seats YEA!!! Liesa had her favorite fare  Indian, I has fish, lamb and salad, delicious. 

Liesa headed off for her tour and I headed to the Sunset bar.. They were able to make me a Bloody Mary with just Tomato juice, vodka and olives. Beautiful bartender I think her name was Nadia from Russia this is her third cruise.

I decided to take the FREE shuttle to town, but I stayed on the bus and returned to the ship, then off  to the cabin for a nap and a showered before I headed to the World Class Bar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually get ready first and then meet Liesa little while later.  I miss new travel solo in add the cabin to myself so it’s just taking a tiny bit of adjustment to share a cabin with another person. So my first stop was the world-class car for My favorite drink I Call it number one but it has another name which I can’t seem to remember.  Met a couple who says they were on the same Pacific Costal cruise I was on last September,  but I can’t seem to remember them. I am going to take their picture if I run into them again and send it to the person I was traveling with to see if he remembers.  Then I went to the martini bar to meet up with Liesa prior to the show but we missed each other by minute and it up leaving in the show lounge .

WOW!!!!!!    JANE CURRY.          WOW!!!!!!

What an entertainer she put on a fabulous show I am not easily impressed but I Could watch her preform everyday. Unfortunately she is just disembarking in Rome today.

We  had reservations for dinner at sushi on five.  Dinner was very good I hope to pictures justified how delicious the food was. 

 We also enjoyed the conversations we had were two waiters and the hostess. We then ended up going to bed early,  I know the this sounds boring but that’s what happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoying your blog, but would you mind letting us know where you are each day?  I couldn't guess from your pictures.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Is the food at the Elite breakfast plated or buffet style.

Its always been buffet when we’ve been on Eclipse, but it was plated on Silhouette in the summer.

i choose the Ultimate platter, as it had variety. The picture shows half, as my husband and I shared. Mine was minus the cheese, as I am Dairy Intolerant. They also did a fruit platter.

2C698D9F-302A-4F3D-945A-E18B6BDFCF4B.jpeg

It’s buffet style, melon is ripe and delicious. It’s one of my pet peeves when the melon is nor ripe:):)

B39AA082-1B27-4F9D-B25A-D3549D402699.jpeg

BA53E0D2-2009-4073-A881-C875057A8BA1.jpeg

653C098F-BC13-4883-8344-0947E6A35367.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

Enjoying your blog, but would you mind letting us know where you are each day?  I couldn't guess from your pictures.  Thanks.

Sorry yesterday was Livorno.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jayne Curry sure puts on a good performance!  She was also on board our cruise 2 weeks ago and did an interesting (and funny) Q&A session in Celebrity Central with Alejandro.  It was so popular that they had to repeat it the next night because so many people were disappointed at not getting in.  Did they do that again?

 

Enjoying following along.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a few off the cuff observations.

1. Crew is fantastic!!!

2. I have not see one rude passenger yet, and that is saying something.

3. Auto correct is not my friend, I think I am speaking clearly, obviously NOT.

4. Ship is in good shape, interiors are spotless. 

5. Today is Civitavecchia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Norma, really enjoying your review. I'll be on Eclipse in March 2020 on a South Pacific Coastal, so am following with interest. Quick question: Were you at Hotel Continental Palacete OR Las Ramblas?

 

Edited by skrapngal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2018 at 4:05 PM, upwarduk said:

Is the food at the Elite breakfast plated or buffet style.

Its always been buffet when we’ve been on Eclipse, but it was plated on Silhouette in the summer.

i choose the Ultimate platter, as it had variety. The picture shows half, as my husband and I shared. Mine was minus the cheese, as I am Dairy Intolerant. They also did a fruit platter.

2C698D9F-302A-4F3D-945A-E18B6BDFCF4B.jpeg

I was on the cruise previous to this one and the Elite Breakfasts in Tuscany were all plated, but I see from a previous post, it is buffet style on this one.😁

Edited by TriciaCC
Amendment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

Jayne Curry sure puts on a good performance!  She was also on board our cruise 2 weeks ago and did an interesting (and funny) Q&A session in Celebrity Central with Alejandro.  It was so popular that they had to repeat it the next night because so many people were disappointed at not getting in.  Did they do that again?

 

Enjoying following along.  Thanks.

Unfortunately not. , she did once performance and go off today Civitavecchia. I would have loved to attend.

Norma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, skrapngal said:

Hey Norma, really enjoying your review. I'll be on Eclipse in March 2020 on a South Pacific Coastal, so am following with interest. Quick question: Were you at Hotel Continental Palacete OR Las Ramblas?

 

We were at Hotel Contenential on Las Ramblas. Room was clean and good location, however th room we had had an bad smell, like body odor or cleaning products. The gal I was traveling with had a severe response to the smell  and was miserable. Unfortunately I would not stay at this location again. Not sure if it was carpeting or the adbundance of soft furnishings. Staff was very good there.

Norma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess we are out of luck tonight, so frustrating... download failed.

especially when you pay for th unlimited internet package...

i will try again tomorrow.

We ate in Murano, excellent, pic to follow tomorrow.

we are in Naples tomorrow, going to  archaeological Museum.

Norma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...