Cruise Director on the Odyssey

CLOU

Thanks.  I am not familiar with her (I assume from the name that Verity is female), but it has been some time since I have been on the Odyssey.  For my most recent cruises the CDs have been have Handre (multiple times), Sophie (who I know has retired from Seabourn) and Jan, so Verity has some hard acts to follow.

1 hour ago, CLOU said:

Thanks.  I am not familiar with her (I assume from the name that Verity is female), but it has been some time since I have been on the Odyssey.  For my most recent cruises the CDs have been have Handre (multiple times), Sophie (who I know has retired from Seabourn) and Jan, so Verity has some hard acts to follow.

Has Sophie already retired?

Verity Brown was the Assistant Cruise Director on the is a Paul Gauguin in May 2009, when the ship was chartered to RSSL.  She has a beautiful voice.  My wife and I will be sailing on the Odyssey in February 2019, and we hope that she will still be aboard.

13 hours ago, Chairsin said:

Roxburgh my understanding is that Sophie will be on our December cruise so you will have a chance to say adios before she and. Claudio leave next spring. 

Thanks Chairsin, that was my understanding too.

18 hours ago, Chairsin said:

Roxburgh my understanding is that Sophie will be on our December cruise so you will have a chance to say adios before she and. Claudio leave next spring. 

But I think you are sailing on Sojourn?

OP asked about Odyssey where the CD will be Robert Brendan, who was CD on Sojourn in Alaska earlier this year.

3 hours ago, stamfordian said:

But I think you are sailing on Sojourn?

OP asked about Odyssey where the CD will be Robert Brendan, who was CD on Sojourn in Alaska earlier this year.

But Stamfordian you know how the topics meander on the Seabourn Board. I love to follow the waves...

Clou (the OP) mentioned Sophie....then Roxburgh asked if Sophie had retired...then Chairsin reassured Roxburgh that he will get to say farewell to her on Sojourn.

Da Da..... we move from Odyssey to Sojourn and will probably move back to Odyssey. I love the board fluidity myself.

I haven't been on Odyssey for a few years but will on her in July so I will be curious about which Cruise Director we get. The last time it was the wonderful David E. who has unfortunately passed away.

Julie

Edited by frantic36

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2018 at 1:16 PM, CLOU said:

We will be sailing on the Odyssey on December 15th.  Can anyone tell me who the current cruise director is?  Thanks.

We'll be on the same cruise but we board on Dec. 8th.  I post here when we get on board.

Raphael

No need to be sorry - they come and go according to their contracts!  I have not heard of Robert Brendan, and wonder if he is new to Seabourn.  Perhaps Markham can enlighten us.  In fact I had not heard of Verity Brown either - our last SB cruise was a year ago, and there must be a few new CDs  around since then.

We have sailed a couple of times before with Robert as ACD. He moved up to CD earlier in the year on Sojourn in Alaska. English, with a fine tenor voice, he got through his first session of Team Trivia today without any challenges or blood letting, however it is only Day One of the crossing!  His ACD is also English, a young woman called Beth.

Indeed not even the CDs seem to always know who is on which ship.  When we left Ovation on November 14, Handre was certain Verity was on through the crossing along with Beth.  Emailing with the stamfordians that same time, they already knew Robert was coming on.

Robert and Beth performed a lovely duet from Phantom last night at the Captain’s Welcome... both have stunning voices!

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:22 AM, markham said:

Not true and I am on the Odyssey now. The CD is Robert Brendan. 

Happy and healthy sailing!

Hi Markham, 

Hope you & A enjoy the TA - wishing you smooth seas.  Hear there are some good old time crew (James, David) on-board.

2SN

Yes, James is doing a stellar job - what a sense of humor - in the Club while Mimi and baby (11 mos) are home.

But not sure who you mean by David. Do you mean F&B David? Ours is Altin with Marcel relieving next week. Just a super operation.

And on that note, we have seen some welcome improvements to the Colonnade such as many more prepared salads and more veggie selections to make your own with. The MDR under Chef Lindsay has great quality and selection. (We have not tried Earth and Sea, or whatever it is called, due to cloudy and cool weather.)

Another new and small touch at our Funchal sailaway was the stewardesses mixing poolside with us and serving drinks. Even better that the Howdy Doody Git to Know Yer Neybers party was postponed! Thank you CD Robert... Who can ask for more?

Happy and healthy sailing!

Yes we love James, know him for many years going back to the small ships.  And yes, I was referring to David from Portugal, not the F&B David - who we both know well.  I like that stewardess mixing idea especially since there are times we could be on until almost the last day before we run into one or more of them we had on a prior cruise.  

On another note, my wife read some where that they changed out the French fries and there was a lot of consternation (not sure if it was only on a particular ship or fleetwide) but due to complaints Seabourn are bringing back the usual ones.  Glad to hear from long time sailors that food is very good.     

Salute!

On 11/22/2018 at 11:22 PM, stamfordian said:

We have sailed a couple of times before with Robert as ACD. He moved up to CD earlier in the year on Sojourn in Alaska. English, with a fine tenor voice, he got through his first session of Team Trivia today without any challenges or blood letting, however it is only Day One of the crossing!  His ACD is also English, a young woman called Beth.

Hmm the ACD on our cruise in August was a young English woman called Beth whom we liked a lot. She'd only been on a short time but left at the end of the cruise to go back to the West End or something like that. Perhaps the allure of the ocean was too much and back she came. Hope it's her, she was lovely. 

Wonder if its the same Beth who was on the Encore over last Xmas?
Thought it would be safe sitting in the front row of her show which was excellent

Wrong.  I am now known as Silver Fox  The wife couldn't stop laughing 🙂

Edited by Thecat123