Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Georgia_Peaches

Something Strange in "My Vacation Summary"

Recommended Posts

Was just checking my NCL vacation summary with just 10 days to go.  Listed are all of my promos:

  • Shore excursion credit
  • Adult Beverage Package
  • Internet Package (250 min)
  • Specialty Dining 
  • Free At Sea On Board Credit

At the bottom of the screen there is this:

image.png.d03b0e1bce34711a1d1682ef4e953eef.png

But the thing is, I didn't purchase this.  So where would it have come from?  My DH does not have access to my NCL and even if he did, he wouldn't purchase additional OBC.  Any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StolidCruiser said:

Your Free at Sea On Board Credit (the last bullet point in your promo list)?

No, I don't think so.  The free at sea OBC is listed under a category of things I've purchased.  The other OBC is for $300 and it's listed under the heading of "Included Promos"  There are 2 different categories in the summary:  Included Promos and Purchased.  I have not purchased additional OBC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jjlen11 said:

its an included promo....I got the same....it gets lost by the other gimmes

Hmm, interesting.  So they threw in an extra $50?  Why would they put it in the "purchased" category instead of the "Included Promos" category.

One of my thoughts was that maybe my TA bought it...IDK.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My most recent sailing 9/30 on the Bliss, I had one that never showed on my itinerary...in fact thought the travel agent baited my hook but when I boarded and checked the tv....there it was!  The recent promo also had it on there but was small compared to the big items

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to talk to CAS today about some other things and I asked the same question...... it is a Latitude Reward automatically applied.   I immediately printed out my Vacation Summary and Amenity Confirmation just in case it's not on my shipboard portfolio 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

I had to talk to CAS today about some other things and I asked the same question...... it is a Latitude Reward automatically applied.   I immediately printed out my Vacation Summary and Amenity Confirmation just in case it's not on my shipboard portfolio 

Good to know.  Thank you for the tip.  I will do the same!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Was just checking my NCL vacation summary with just 10 days to go.  Listed are all of my promos:

  • Shore excursion credit
  • Adult Beverage Package
  • Internet Package (250 min)
  • Specialty Dining 
  • Free At Sea On Board Credit

At the bottom of the screen there is this:

image.png.d03b0e1bce34711a1d1682ef4e953eef.png

But the thing is, I didn't purchase this.  So where would it have come from?  My DH does not have access to my NCL and even if he did, he wouldn't purchase additional OBC.  Any ideas?

Maybe your TA?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Was just checking my NCL vacation summary with just 10 days to go.  Listed are all of my promos:

  • Shore excursion credit
  • Adult Beverage Package
  • Internet Package (250 min)
  • Specialty Dining 
  • Free At Sea On Board Credit

At the bottom of the screen there is this:

image.png.d03b0e1bce34711a1d1682ef4e953eef.png

But the thing is, I didn't purchase this.  So where would it have come from?  My DH does not have access to my NCL and even if he did, he wouldn't purchase additional OBC.  Any ideas?

 

I have had OBC awarded in the past for unknown reasons. I would not worry about it, just enjoy your cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was the cruise originally a distinguished voyage?  If so, it included additional perks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had TA OBC and it usually does not show up until the onboard account is established. All of my Perks OBC is listed under the perks. I would call NCL and get to the bottom of it. - another thought would be to check your credit cards and see if there is a charge there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, NurseJEB said:

 

 

WRONG!  Notice that is listed under PURCHASED ITEMS.  The FAS items are listed under INCLUDED ITEMS.

It is quite possible that someone gifted that to you.

WRONG! Notice post #7 

 

It is quite possible it's not a gift.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, bonvoyagie said:

I have had TA OBC and it usually does not show up until the onboard account is established. All of my Perks OBC is listed under the perks. I would call NCL and get to the bottom of it. - another thought would be to check your credit cards and see if there is a charge there.

Read post #7 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cathi007 said:

Maybe your TA?

 

Nope..... but good try. ☺ 

 

Post #7 has the answer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, govols1 said:

Was the cruise originally a distinguished voyage?  If so, it included additional perks. 

Not a distinguished voyage...... 

 

Read post # 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Was just checking my NCL vacation summary with just 10 days to go.  Listed are all of my promos:

  • Shore excursion credit
  • Adult Beverage Package
  • Internet Package (250 min)
  • Specialty Dining 
  • Free At Sea On Board Credit

At the bottom of the screen there is this:

image.png.d03b0e1bce34711a1d1682ef4e953eef.png

But the thing is, I didn't purchase this.  So where would it have come from?  My DH does not have access to my NCL and even if he did, he wouldn't purchase additional OBC.  Any ideas?

Did you request the stock benefit?  'Cause my stock bene shows up like this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Socalev said:

Did you request the stock benefit?  'Cause my stock bene shows up like this. 

My Stock Benefit always shows up in the Vacation Summary as "onboard spending". It's the 4th line item down from the top under "disembarkation"...... not as a purchased certificate

Edited by esm54687

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

😂😂😂 And to think people worry about having $50.00 "given" to them. If it's still on the account when boarding GREAT it's a bonus. 

 

If its not you or or someone else didn't purchase or gift it to you. 

 

Whats the old saying "Never look a gift horse in the mouth".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Socalev said:

Did you request the stock benefit?  'Cause my stock bene shows up like this. 

Mine shows up the same way.  Prior to receiving shareholder benefit, I did not have a purchased items section of my vacation summary.  I now have $100 OBC showing up as a purchased item.

Edited by vince_g

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, esm54687 said:

My Stock Benefit always shows up in the Vacation Summary as "onboard spending". It's the 4th line item down from the top under "disembarkation"...... not as a purchased certificate

My 2019 cruises have the shareholder benefit incorporated in the "onboard spending", but my cruise on Nov. 26 has it in the "purchase items" area.  It would be nice if they always added it in the same way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For what it's worth, I had the same thing happen (mysterious "purchased" OBC show up on my Vacation Summary), and mine is, in fact, OBC from my travel agent.  So....  there's that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vince_g said:

Mine shows up the same way.  Prior to receiving shareholder benefit, I did not have a purchased items section of my vacation summary.  I now have $100 OBC showing up as a purchased item.

Agreed, but the OP was questioning this mysterious $50 and the Shareholder Benefit would be something she actively processed so she would be aware of it (and the Shareholder Benefit is $100)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...