George Street to OPT

7 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

When we boarded Majestic a couple of weeks ago we could drive straight down George St to the OPT with only a minor wiggle around one bit of road works on the corner of George and Alfred Streets. A week or so before that we'd had dinner with friends at Circular Quay and there was easy pedestrian access across the front (water side) of Circular Quay and across to the western side of George St. Of course that may have changed since then but hopefully not.

Thanks I think we have decided how to tackle it.

7 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Not long to go now, 5 more days, doubt if the conditions would be much better between now and then.

Nope, so off the bridge via Cahill, around towards Domain down Macquarie park and then either walk around the waterfront or grab a cab. Current plan is her to walk me ride, we won’t have a lot of luggage I expect. If we think it’s too much get a cab. 3 years ago I walked t in under 5 minutes with one bag, so I’m pretty sure it’s doable, but if we decide it’s too much we will just grab a taxi somewhere.

probably walk around to the OPT then up the entrance road.

the other variable is Ovation is in, so there could be crowds to navigate.

Just now, MicCanberra said:

Ovation of the Seas is in on the 12th, Norwegian Jewel on the 13th.

Yep we are going down on the 12th staying at the Holiday Inn, sailing 13th.

we prefer to go down the night before.

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Good work, did any pertain to the cruise?🙂

Some suggestions pertained to the likelihood of me getting through check in and going on the cruise anyway, though it’s been suggested That Mrs Gut is a sure thing to get on😳😱😘

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Makes sense, especially if you can. You never know with the F3 or the railway.

We have been stuck on the F3 a few times, by fire or serious accidents, once stuck at the Sydney end for a week.

so while I might risk it for inconsequential things like work, no way I take that risk on a cruise if I can avoid it.

34 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Some suggestions pertained to the likelihood of me getting through check in and going on the cruise anyway, though it’s been suggested That Mrs Gut is a sure thing to get on😳😱😘

You do look very dodgy, they may make you walk the plank before cruise end.

34 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

We have been stuck on the F3 a few times, by fire or serious accidents, once stuck at the Sydney end for a week.

so while I might risk it for inconsequential things like work, no way I take that risk on a cruise if I can avoid it.

Wise decision.

9 minutes ago, Spud of Doom said:

Honestly, I found it easiest to just get a bus or train to Circular Quay and walk the last 100-200m from there. As long as you're not going during the commuter peak.

Not sure I’ll get a bus from The Hunter Valley to Sydney, at the moment I’m pretty sure it’d need three trains.

On 12/6/2018 at 2:11 PM, GUT2407 said:

Maybe time to see if anyone has noticed anything different.

staying Holiday Inn the Rocks, parking Opera House.

Normally I’d drop Mrs G and the bags then go park, sounds like I might be better to go to the oH and then just wheel around.

over the Coat Hanger, into Grosvenor St, Into Bridge Street, left into Macquarie.

anyone see any problems, last time I was down there I couldn’t cross George from Grosvenor into Bridge, butvthat was probably 6 or more months ago, surely that’s open now.

The beast way to the Opera House from the north is via the Cahill Expressway and the Macquarie Street exit. At Macquarie street you turn right and you are two blocks from the Opera House. 

That way you avoid lots of traffic lights.

6 minutes ago, Toryhere said:

The beast way to the Opera House from the north is via the Cahill Expressway and the Macquarie Street exit. At Macquarie street you turn right and you are two blocks from the Opera House. 

That way you avoid lots of traffic lights.

Yeah looks like the way I’m going.

I know the other way better, hence it being my first choice