Cruise Critic Community
The Sunset Glow

Going going gone sale

3 hours ago, Aduntu said:

True, but I assume the ship wouldn't have an internal site at creative.rccl.com that they'd be using rewrites for. ...

One line in the firewall filters all DNS requests except those going to servers in the access control list.

18 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

One line in the firewall filters all DNS requests except those going to servers in the access control list.

That’s possible too. I don’t know if they restrict DNS traffic to only their servers, but I'd be surprised with the prevalence of enterprise devices with DNS restrictions (e.g. Cisco Umbrella/OpenDNS). I’ll confirm in the coming weeks.

Edited by Aduntu
additional thought

52 minutes ago, twangster said:

Most people aren't going to remember to back out the changes.  They get disconnected from Voom and now they can't log back in because they aren't re-directed because they changed the DNS settings.  

I've managed help desks at technology companies.  Highly technical people get completely screwed up when they start messing with DNS settings.  Then they get frustrated and start doing even more stupid things trying to fix it.  Then we get the call that "the internet is down" or "the network is broken".

Here on CC it will be "Voom worked for a day then didn't the rest of the cruise".  It's cool you understand these things but you are going to screw someone up.  

It’s a DNS problem, and a DNS solution is the simplest fix. I’m sure others would appreciate knowing their options.

The $199 fare is back, this time out of Galveston on the Enchantment(9/16); Liberty has some cheap rates as well.

Some nice prices on  some WS Harmony sailings on next week's flyer   NOT!!!!!😇

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I think the person that made the pricing mistake during #BeverageGate is at it again, but now with a pricing mistake on the upside - some of those WS GTY prices are higher than the JS regular price.

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Lots of Enchantment cruises out of Galveston. 

Where is the Going Going Gone sale?

Remember I am an older "classically educated woman" without an in depth knowledge of new technologies😉😳👀

My ten year old granddaughter knows more about tech than I do!    🤪

I don't know what WS, XB etc  means...  I am relatively new to  cruise terminology.

Edited by Judyrem

3 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

I don't know what WS, XB etc...  I am relatively new to  cruise terminology.

Those are stateroom categories.  WS is a suite guarantee.  XB is a balcony guarantee of some sort, I forget if it's neighborhood or oceanview.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

Those are stateroom categories.  WS is a suite guarantee.  XB is a balcony guarantee of some sort, I forget if it's neighborhood or oceanview.

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

XB is a balcony guarantee of some sort, I forget if it's neighborhood or oceanview.

XN is the neighborhood GTY on Oasis class, XB is OV balcony GTY.

10 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

I don't know what WS, XB etc  means...  I am relatively new to  cruise terminology.

Be aware that by the time those sales are active (next Tuesday), those listed categories may not be offered/available - it's a good idea to check on the weekend before the sale starts, they sometimes offer the same thing with better availability.

Just now, reallyitsmema said:

No going going gone flyer this week?

Maybe tomorrow- sometimes they do skip a week. 

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

No going going gone flyer this week?

The last week was extended through Friday. The last time I saw the extended sale it didn’t update to the new sale until Monday. 

3 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

The last week was extended through Friday. The last time I saw the extended sale it didn’t update to the new sale until Monday. 

Thanks, Mari.  We are trying to squeeze one other cruise in after our October Serenade.  I passed on the cheap GS a while back because DH wasn't sure what was up and we could have gone on that with no issues.  I want to see if there is anything good coming before I book Anthem again. 🙂 

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Thanks, Mari.  We are trying to squeeze one other cruise in after our October Serenade.  I passed on the cheap GS a while back because DH wasn't sure what was up and we could have gone on that with no issues.  I want to see if there is anything good coming before I book Anthem again. 🙂 

I hear you. I couldn’t book in August and turns out my daughter changed her plans and we could have went before she went back to school. I am hoping that some of those “deals” will show up as well. 

3 minutes ago, DesireeC03 said:

Will you please educate me on the Going Going Gone sale?  I have never head of it before.  Thank you!

The PDF attached to this link normally changes every week, usually Thursday afternoon:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Sometimes they restrict these prices to new bookings.

The Snowbird migration cruise on Adventure has a decent price but getting to Quebec and the high taxes may make it less of a bargain.

9 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The Snowbird migration cruise on Adventure has a decent price but getting to Quebec and the high taxes may make it less of a bargain.

Take the Sept 27th Northbound cruise from Cape Liberty.  🙂