First Voyage of the Symphony of the Seas From Miami

On 11/10/2018 at 8:05 AM, DP said:

Does the Symphony have a Library?

Does the Coastal Kitchen bar face the water?

There are book shelves in the card room and several have books.

Coastal Kitchen bar is not next to the windows but next to back wall.  When you are sitting at the bar, you face away from the water.

2 hours ago, JMT2568 said:

So if you want the filet and lobster you need to pay for it?

Lobster tails are offered free on the second formal night.  Every other night the whole lobsters are for a fee.  Filet is also offered one night no charge.  Chops filets are offered for a fee every night.

On 11/10/2018 at 9:12 AM, Biker19 said:

Free WOW bands in a JS?

Wow bands are shown in post #8

Like your room key which is a proximity card, you can use the wrist band to open your stateroom door, swipe to enter shows, and swipe to pay for anything on the ship. Basically, another room key that you can use in the pools, etc. 

JS is a junior suite. 

8 hours ago, Kfamilycruise said:

Loved the balloon drop! I'm so jealous that you got swag in your cabin. I was a bit disappointed we didn't get any when we were on her in June.

For those keeping track of swag, tonight’s swag is a collection of bottles of Symphony of the Seas Heineken Beer and a patch from the show Flight. 

469306B0-38DD-4787-BC45-EEAC84105CCD.jpeg

27 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Coastal Kitchen

Salmon Sashimi

Creamy Truffel Rissoto

Shellfish Stew

Lamb Chops

Butter Poached Lobster

Baked Alaska

Coconut Tapioca

Thanks for this great look at Symphony. Did you have any issues getting into & seated in CK as Sea Class/ JS?

38 minutes ago, windjamming said:

Thanks for this great look at Symphony. Did you have any issues getting into & seated in CK as Sea Class/ JS?

We booked as soon as we boarded (boarded first from the suites embarkation lounge around 11:00 am). We were offered times on all nights. Two nights, the times available were not our first choice (mostly working around show times). The waiters do an amazing job at service when you tell them of a time constraint. 

• Like 1

How do feel the service has been thus far? We have been eating in the MDR and to us it’s been really poor. Most of the bartenders have been great but the dinner service just seems off from what we’ve experienced on prior cruises 

On 11/10/2018 at 7:56 PM, mcatmcat said:

Thank you for the review BirdTravels

Maybe Im wrong but this the first time I noticed that Windjammer buffet says Windjammer  marketplace Seafood buffet, do you notice more seafood dishes in this ship compared to others or just the same ?

Thank you 

“Seafood” was the theme that night. Yesterday was “chocolate” and tonight is “Caribbean”. We have not gone up there to see, so can’t report anything specific. 

I am on the Symphony in January 19.

I keep looking for the entertainment shows to be listed on my Cruise Planner.  I have called RC and I was told you no longer make pre cruise reservations for the shows and have to do the booking on the ship.

Do you make daily reservations for the shows?

OR

Do can you make reservations for the week?

What time is the booking place open?

52 minutes ago, phabric said:

I am on the Symphony in January 19.

I keep looking for the entertainment shows to be listed on my Cruise Planner.  I have called RC and I was told you no longer make pre cruise reservations for the shows and have to do the booking on the ship.

Do you make daily reservations for the shows?

OR

Do can you make reservations for the week?

What time is the booking place open?

Keep watching your cruise planner. We prebooked the main shows (see the compass of “reservation required”) - about 6 shows were available. Ours opened about a month out. Our roll call was good about announcing when throngs were available. 

You can book at the “box office” as soon as you board. Shows will sell out, but you can go standby and take seats no one else wanted. 

I personally hate the box office because it is staffed by crew members (dancers, entertainers, etc) as “other duties as assigned” and I have had my reservations totally screwed up by someone who didn’t know what they were doing.