Carnival Launches New Sea Day "American Brunch" Menu on Carnival Horizon Today

brilliantseas

Carnival introduced a new sea day brunch menu, titled American Brunch, on the Carnival Horizon today. The new menu features a few old favorites, as well as many new ones. The menu also features a new cold pressed juice menu for a $5 upcharge, as well as Lobster Benedict, Peel & Eat Shrimp, or Garlic Crab as upcharge entree options. 

The new menu is attached.

20181109_132116.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I ordered the frittata with a side of brunch potatoes, as well as the parfait and banana cream pie. 

The Frittata arrived before the parfait, which surprised the head waiter. Someone must have slipped up. The frittata was very hot and fresh and the flavors work well together. The toast that was served with it was old and dry. The breakfast potatoes look and taste like something from the Lido Marketplace breakfast. They were decent, but nothing to write home about. 

20181109_134326.jpg

20181109_134329.jpg

20181109_134428.jpg

The parfait just arrived. It is smaller than the previous version, and lacking the honey that made it overly sweet. The new version is delicious, with a gluten free granola that is virtually all mixed nuts with just a few oats, along with raspberries and blueberries. 

20181109_135208.jpg

Looks good, but they took away the Mac and Cheese! I tried it with the fried chicken added in on my last Carnival cruise, and was really impressed with it. Sad to see it gone, but looking forward to trying the new menu on Horizon in a few weeks. 

7 minutes ago, samiam0403 said:

Looks good, but they took away the Mac and Cheese! I tried it with the fried chicken added in on my last Carnival cruise, and was really impressed with it. Sad to see it gone, but looking forward to trying the new menu on Horizon in a few weeks. 

There's a mac n cheese in the kids section although likely not the nice M&C platter with the add-ons that is on the current sea day brunch.  It looks like the bagel/lox combo is gone as well as the french toast with cereal stuck on it.

OP, I see the pressed juice upcharge.  I presume that the regular juices (orange, apple, etc) are still free?

Edited by sarmat1

Just now, coevan said:

I'm pretty sure Gravlax is smoked salmon with some dill.

The only omission I loved was the Corned Beef Hash

I think it is raw salmon (but cured - similar to ceviche). Worth a try anyway (I love ceviche).

8 minutes ago, samiam0403 said:

Mac & cheese is also offered at Guy's Pig & Anchor sea day BBQ. 

3 minutes ago, apatchetear said:

Are skillet cakes the same as pancakes? 

That's a new one on me. It's served with whipped Ricotta cheese, fruit preserves and vanilla and marshmallows whatever it is. 

Google says it's a cake cooked in a skillet.

Edited by sanmarcosman

1 minute ago, bury me at sea said:

What is twelve hour French toast?  Has it been sitting for twelve hours?  I think I'm lost.

I'm thinking it's soaked in fruit juice, in this case probably peach or maybe orange, laid out in single layers on sheet pans and refrigerated in the walk in coolers for half a day. Or more likely they just call it that and splash some juice on the bread and call it a day :classic_smile: