Nachi Cocom WiFi

c-leg5

After many, many visits to Cozumel thinking of trying Nachi Cocom for the first time on our next visit.

Reading the FAQ it says:

"Yes, we have free WIFI service with a fee of $ 5.00 usd (whole stay) for all areas or $ 3.00 usd at the restaurant (30 minutes), rates per person."

Could one of the regular visitors to Nachi translate for me? Thanks!

13 hours ago, TMR2 said:

I don't remember there being a fee.  We booked with https://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/cozumel/cozumel-beach-break-inclusive/ Maybe ask them as we didn't pay

Have you just booked or have you actually been?

I vaguely remember Mitsugirly having a problem with cost of internet in her review but don’t remember the details. 

The FAQ and your booking link definitely say “free” and yet then it says there is a fee? Not really understanding although i dont recall too many reports about it and i dont think it’s much use unless you are by the restaurant. I am sure some regulars must know!

55 minutes ago, TMR2 said:

We did the western caribbean a couple years ago and we are going again this coming February  so yes and yes:)  I don't remember them charging but maybe they do now?  

I emailed and they said it was free. They apologized for confusion but didn't explain the FAQ statement.

• 2 weeks later...

We were there yesterday off the Symphony.   The wifi is free but does not work well on the beach, but is better in the restaurant.  I will add that the place has changed a lot since our last visit in 2012.   Although there is a sign telling visitors it is not a "Spring break " oriented  place, they  did not discourage a loud group of teenagers  from getting very drunk. 

1 hour ago, Cinders411 said:

We are Nachi regulars and have always booked the all inclusive through a web site. We have always had wifi included but, it has not always worked the best.

Thanks! Glad to hear from a regular. 

I wonder why some have to pay and some don’t and what they are actually paying for. I have also booked through a website that says it is free, and the confirmation email from Nachi claims it is free, but none of it explains their own website and their FAQ.

It isn't really critical. I am sure we will survive!

We have many, long-standing favorite venues in Cozumel after many visits by cruise ship or by staying on the island. We don't normally do AI (or at least a full meal), while cruising but this will be a rare time when our cruise visit doesn’t fall on a formal night so we thought this would be our opportunity to give it a try!