naylenk

Grand Turk with Toddler

My husband and I and our 3 year old daughter will be in Grand Turk in the beginning of January.  Suggestions on whether we should do the Margaritaville area or Jack's Shack.  We'll probably bring a stroller for her to nap in so if we go to Jack's Shack, we might need to take a taxi - are they readily available?  She is very well traveled and very adaptable but we would like an area that is toddler friendly.  Thanks!

Jack's Shack is less than a 1/3 mile walk down the beach, so you shouldn't need a taxi.  Most strollers will be difficult to push in the sand if your daughter is in it, but should be fine if empty (just holding stuff, then a place to nap once at the beach).

Margaritaville will likely be more crowded and noisy, but very close to the ship if you need to go back quickly.

Jack's beach area wasn't very crowded when we went.  There is a small charge to rent an umbrella (we paid $10 for 2 chairs and one umbrella).  There are also several dogs (beside Topher and Calypso) - which could be a plus or minus depending on your family.  They didn't bother us, but did nestle down right beside and under our chairs to share the shade.

great question and we are traveling in a few days with a toddler too. I am steering to Jack's bc I think Margaritaville will be too populated and I heard the pool isn't very deep which may be a bit boring for my other kiddos.